Clean Slate, Resolving, and Other Issues

Thesoldier

Good Evening,

The purpose of this thread is not to embarrass, call out, or throw anyone under the bus. However as I've been working behind the scenes mostly dealing with forum disputes part-time, I've been reading the chat logs on side chat, and well I just want to remind the community of a few things.

Clean Slate

The purpose of the community when Adster founded it was a rebirth (well technically it was intended to just be an Ark server) and a clean slate for all the members who joined. Many of us come from different Arma gaming communities, and now we are starting to see new faces. However I can see the animosity from certain members here when they speak/interact with members they've had a history with. I just want to remind everyone that people get a clean slate here regardless of whatever happened elsewhere. We don't need to bring up the past, we need to move forward. Fuel and Neo have done an excellent job in developing the mission file (Honestly seat belts, dragging bodies, blindfolds, and other things that some communities were begging for.)

Resolving Issues

Some of the reports that have been posted recently could have been resolved very easily (Someone being reported for being AFK for less than 5 minutes as an example) Before people are quick to report, just remember the following

Ask the person nicely to discuss it (Private ingame message or teamspeak)

Dont tell the person "FUK U GEETIN BANT/SEE U ON DA FORUMS"

If they don't respond or want to resolve, then report it.

You would be surprised at some of the stuff I've been reading, and its not needed here. We want people to be welcome here when they play, not scared off because everyone is on side telling each other to fuck off and kill themselves.

Drama

Back with the clean slate, drama, if it's from somewhere else, just keep it there. We don't need it here, we don't want it here. Everyone until they prove otherwise has a right to play here, and has a right to be in this community, well depending on certain circumstances.

16 minutes ago, Thesoldier said:

Good Evening,

The purpose of this thread is not to embarrass, call out, or throw anyone under the bus. However as I've been working behind the scenes mostly dealing with forum disputes part-time, I've been reading the chat logs on side chat, and well I just want to remind the community of a few things.

Clean Slate

The purpose of the community when Adster founded it was a rebirth (well technically it was intended to just be an Ark server) and a clean slate for all the members who joined. Many of us come from different Arma gaming communities, and now we are starting to see new faces. However I can see the animosity from certain members here when they speak/interact with members they've had a history with. I just want to remind everyone that people get a clean slate here regardless of whatever happened elsewhere. We don't need to bring up the past, we need to move forward. Fuel and Neo have done an excellent job in developing the mission file (Honestly seat belts, dragging bodies, blindfolds, and other things that some communities were begging for.)

Resolving Issues

Some of the reports that have been posted recently could have been resolved very easily (Someone being reported for being AFK for less than 5 minutes as an example) Before people are quick to report, just remember the following

You would be surprised at some of the stuff I've been reading, and its not needed here. We want people to be welcome here when they play, not scared off because everyone is on side telling each other to fuck off and kill themselves.

Drama

Back with the clean slate, drama, if it's from somewhere else, just keep it there. We don't need it here, we don't want it here. Everyone until they prove otherwise has a right to play here, and has a right to be in this community, well depending on certain circumstances.

Truth

21 minutes ago, Thesoldier said:

Good Evening,

Clean Slate

Resolving Issues

Drama

This post gave me my faith in humanity back <3 asking nicely to speak on ts if you are not happy does turn out well ;)

15 hours ago, Thesoldier said:

Good Evening,

Clean Slate

Resolving Issues

Drama

Quoting just to annoy @mikeo'neill

Well said.

17 hours ago, Thesoldier said:

Good Evening,

Clean Slate

Resolving Issues

Drama

I agree.