3 min rule

chivs

The 3 min rule so if you have been chasing a vehicle for 3+ min you are able to shoot tyres only as long as you have made it clear you want them to stop by horn , this does not change the current rule where if you make it clear you want the vehicle to stop (stop the fucking car) you can still shoot the tyres, this is only if you are already driving and want the car in front to stop. if you do shoot tyres then this would be cause to be shot at if the person getting chased gets out the vehicle

Current rule

You have to tell the person in the vehicle to stop before you can shoot tyres even if you are both driving down the road, you have to stop get out you're car shout stop them shoot tyres if they dont

3 min rule

you still have the current rule but added if you are in a car chase for longer then 3 min and have made it known to them you wish them to stop (horn a few times) then you are able to shoot there tyres to get them to stop. but if you do shoot there tyres and they get out of there car and kill you this would not be RDM

Hope that's a bit clearer

So shoot tyres only? What about this situation:

Car chase ensues for 3 minutes. Shots are fired at the tyres.

Car eventually stops, and everyone jumps out gun in hand.

The persuers then jump out, they still have to initiate before shooting at the person however the drivers being chased don't.

Leads to one party post-initiation and the other pre-initiation. though the persuers are at the disadvantage so doesn't seem to bad.

Edited by Entropy
2 hours ago, chivs said:

Current rule

You have to tell the person in the vehicle to stop before you can shoot tyres even if you are both driving down the road, you have to stop get out you're car shout stop them shoot tyres if they dont

3 min rule

you still have the current rule but added if you are in a car chase for longer then 3 min and have made it known to them you wish them to stop (horn a few times) then you are able to shoot there tyres to get them to stop. but if you do shoot there tyres and they get out of there car and kill you this would not be RDM

Hope that's a bit clearer

Much clearer thanks. +1 from me, seems like a really good suggestion.

13 hours ago, chivs said:

but if you do shoot there tyres and they get out of there car and kill you this would not be RDM

if you do shoot tyres then this would be cause to be shot at if the person getting chased gets out the vehicle

I don't like this part. there is already enough baiting going on, people would just do this to bait more.

"lets just drive around baiting cops to chase us, yay they shot at our tiers now we can kill them with out needing to roleplay at all"

i have to -1, i like the current system where you need to CLEARY initiation your intentions to shoot out the tiers.

Edited by Jazz Cat
15 hours ago, Entropy said:

So shoot tyres only? What about this situation:

Car chase ensues for 3 minutes. Shots are fired at the tyres.

Car eventually stops, and everyone jumps out gun in hand.

The persuers then jump out, they still have to initiate before shooting at the person however the drivers being chased don't.

Leads to one party post-initiation and the other pre-initiation. though the persuers are at the disadvantage so doesn't seem to bad.

I was going to write a reply but this pretty much sums up my thoughts perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...