Change initiation rules/ Add range finders

Proxy

So I am suggesting to the implement meta through use of range finders I thought I would make this on different topic as the other one was going off topic ofc , prime example of why is what just happen to my self not so long ago , I was peacefully doing my own drug run nd I make my way down to the dealer to be insta shoot and basically rdm , this wouldn't of happened if the use of meta through range finders and tags where added as like this:

Gang A rolls down to dealer and cops start fighting them, Gang B pulls down to dealer without knowing a single thing about the fight and get out to sell there goods, the cops by this point would of ranged the trucks and seen gang B tags was nothing to do with the fight, no rdm was commited , if gang C turns up with different tags they would have to initiate them selfs on either Gang A,B & cops to join in the fight.

The 2 suggestions go hand in hand to work and after have discuss this on another thread I really think need to look past the narrow thought of ''oo I want to meta everything'' as I have said this creates less RDM, less report, less confusing situations during fights and overall a better experience for everyone in my eyes, you can see peoples number plates irl or even get heli number from looking up but as how life servers work and most things look the same there is no way of knowing whats going on right now,would only be able to range people in the cars/helis/boats ect but not be able to do it if you where outside these assets. you would argue of course not suppose to know who is who which yes on life servers is the case when standing next to a guy roleplaying with them then no meta should be used but when fights and spending 30/40mins doing runs come in to play with time/lgear and assets maybe should recondier the thought process overall.

please feel free to talk about this topic I am very open minded player with a lot exp on life servers to why yes or no, meta in combat avoids cluster of mess but any other meta shouldn't be allowed of course to gain advantage, hope post isn't to messy I'm bit pants are typing thanks for reading

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Yeah man I'm sitting here now with a massive title hovering above me showing where I work nice one

great constructive feedback

59 minutes ago, Clixy said:

I suggested this a while back, got denied.

But you put alot of detail and explanation bahind it, maybe you will have better luck.

Either way, +1

guy gets rdm in heli 2mins ago but no one knew if he was with me

Just now, Proxy said:

great constructive feedback

guy gets rdm in heli 2mins ago but no one knew if he was with me

You only want to metagame so it can give you an advantage elsewhere, you've come from GTA with the mindset that all you want to do is shoot things. Combat should be a last resort for everyone on the server, clue is in the name "Reborn ROLEPLAY".

No one has text hovering above their names IRL, if people are already in a firefight with Bobby No Fingers then no one else should be getting involved. Get a grip.

I think i have said enough on this already but here is a few things, if you look at a car from a distance how would you have any idea its involved, you shouldn't.

Guy A is fighting Guy B, Guy C with the same gang tags as Guy A then gets popped when just driving past... how is that fair?

It is not difficult to think before shooting, is that guy involved or not, rather than oh that guy is near a fight lets kill him.

Rangefinding for the purpose of metagaming is probably one of the stupidest features i have seen.

I'm pretty certain this will get denied as this is a roleplay server not a server that acts like one but is all about combat, if this were to be implemented we may aswell completely remove the metagame rule.

Just now, Smally said:

Yeah let's be honest, that just isn't the case is it. No matter what Roleplay server you make, at the end of the day combat is there. All of the main communities we all know at the minute, combat is a major factor and is what most people resort to after they've had their time Roleplaying to an extent and looking for something different.

Obviously, Arma 3 is a combat simulator. The fact remains this is a roleplay server, if all you want to do is shoot things then King of the Hill should help. Just like metagaming will lead to less roleplay.

1 minute ago, Bob said:

Obviously, Arma 3 is a combat simulator. The fact remains this is a roleplay server, if all you want to do is shoot things then King of the Hill should help. Just like metagaming will lead to less roleplay.

In what way will meta gaming ONLY in combat reduce roleplay..?

Edited by BULLETS
Just now, BULLETS said:

In what way will meta gaming ONLY in combat reduce roleplay..?

I don't think you quite get it do you? Allowing the use of this "range finding"(?) method is a slippery slope which is clearly being requested for additional gains other than to "identify someone in combat" How is it difficult to use common sense in combat?

1 minute ago, Bob said:

I don't think you quite get it do you? Allowing the use of this "range finding"(?) method is a slippery slope which is clearly being requested for additional gains other than to "identify someone in combat" How is it difficult to use common sense in combat?

Avoiding the question... How is this a slippery slope, how is it going to reduce roleplay...

Rangfinders and tags solves so many problems ive seen here in my short time here... Stop random cars or helis from being RDM'd, stops exploiting of the inititiation rules, allows reports on VDM'ers...

Tbh I think we should do a poll on bot tags and range finders, it wouldnt necasarily be a definite yes or no to them but would atleast give the staff an idea of what the community thinks...

4 minutes ago, Bob said:

so my self pulling into dealer unknown to a fight and getting rdm is ok?

1 minute ago, Vlad Vagin said:

"Lets make metagaming possible"

I think that should be the title of this.

A big NO and STAAPIT from me

It in no way allows meta gaming... Its not like someone can use information they get from range finders within roleplay... ATM there are SOOOO many ways to abuse and exploit the current systems, and brings SOOO many problems....

Tags and rangefinders litterally would fix every problem ive seen so far, and pretty much gives no unfair advantage... All it would do is allow me to know whos flying a helicopter or driving a car during in combat, and if caught using this as an exploit it would result in a ban....

Whats worse, allowing multiple RDM's, being unable to report VDM'ers and creating a unorganised feel to combat, and just RP situations... Or being able to know the jimmy if driving past me on a road...

Is it possible to get a staff member to create a poll on these individually? We can argue about it but a poll would give a wider picture of opinions on the matter...

You are getting somebody's name from a car that is passing by... how is that not metagaming, if he has the same tags you then use that info to shoot him, if he does not then you don't shoot him. That info is somehow got from rangefinders?

How do people be stealthy in a fight if they cannot drive to a good spot without getting shot? how do you drive on main roads when your gang is fighting?

It solves nothing.

There is no need for a poll as this suggestion allows people to express their opinions on the matter, then it will be accepted or denied by management.

Probably denied as it goes against our own rules.

5 minutes ago, Tidus said:

You are getting somebody's name from a car that is passing by... how is that not metagaming, if he has the same tags you then use that info to shoot him, if he does not then you don't shoot him. That info is somehow got from rangefinders?

How do people be stealthy in a fight if they cannot drive to a good spot without getting shot? how do you drive on main roads when your gang is fighting?

It solves nothing.

There is no need for a poll as this suggestion allows people to express their opinions on the matter, then it will be accepted or denied by management.

Probably denied as it goes against our own rules.

How can you say it solves nothing... Theres litterally been 2 situations in the last hour that could have been solved by tags and/or rangefinders...

14 minutes ago, BULLETS said:

Avoiding the question... How is this a slippery slope, how is it going to reduce roleplay...

Rangfinders and tags solves so many problems ive seen here in my short time here... Stop random cars or helis from being RDM'd, stops exploiting of the inititiation rules, allows reports on VDM'ers...

Tbh I think we should do a poll on bot tags and range finders, it wouldnt necasarily be a definite yes or no to them but would atleast give the staff an idea of what the community thinks...

I thought I answered your question quite clearly. Meta gaming is against the rules.

13 minutes ago, Smally said:

The thing is, this system with the Rangefinders works incredibly well because people are not stupid enough to abuse it. If you have been apart in combat on that server, you can see that the Rangefinders have no effect at all on Roleplay, they're used to prevent the active combat excuse, because come on we all know people abuse that to fuck. The rangefinders simply tell you if they're affiliated with the gang you're in combat with, therefore stopping you from shooting a random out of his car for driving past a gunfight location, which happens a lot. The rangefinders system works better than you think and I wouldn't comment on it unless you have experienced it. The post isn't aiming to Damage your roleplay in any way. The system is not there to Metagame, it's a simple rule. If you take advantage of any information you take, you'll receive a ban for metagaming. For example, scanning a randoms car and getting his name, then using that in Roleplay approaching him saying "Hi, <name> ..." - that would be the simple abuse of the rangefinders, they have to tell you their name in Roleplay. The Rangefinders are just for combat so that you don't accidentally shoot people who are not involved.

And how are the admins going to manage this mass breech of meta gaming in different situations? People are not going to incriminate themselves by showing videos and they will simply let other members of the gang release videos instead, already happens today. I can't believe people want to meta game.

15 minutes ago, Proxy said:

so my self pulling into dealer unknown to a fight and getting rdm is ok?

If you do not have the common sense or decent hearing to realise that there is a firefight occurring there must be something drastically wrong with your senses.

26 minutes ago, Tidus said:

I am going to clear things up for you.

"You are getting somebody's name from a car that is passing by... how is that not metagaming" - Tidus

You could make the same example if I was to run past someone in Kavala during a firefight. I would see the other players name + gang, but does that mean I metagamed because I saw that information?

"Metagaming is the use of any information ingame that your character would not normally have, to that end we have some basic rules to help you". - Rule page

This brings me to my second point. You also state that it will be an issue because people won't be able to drive to a location without getting shot or that you will get shot if you drive down the main road while your gang is fighting. The thing is that this suggestion would not change that scenario at all, because everyone is already allowed to shoot at anyone during a firefight, due to the existing rules, however, the benefit from this suggestion is that people will have a chance to check if the car coming up the road is involved or not. Is it metagaming that people are allowed to use that information? I guess so, but what is the downside to it?

You could just implement a rule stating that you are only allowed to use the information to determine rather or not someone is involved.

My personal opinion is that I don't care what the outcome of this is, because at the end of the day the current rules lets me shoot at a lot more people ;)

Edited by Freddie

5 minutes ago, Freddie said:

"Metagaming is the use of any information ingame that your character would not normally have, to that end we have some basic rules to help you". - Rule page

The reason it is suggested to implement rangefinders IS to see that information and use it though.

6 minutes ago, Freddie said:

This brings me to my second point. You also state that it will be an issue because people won't be able to drive to a location without getting shot or that you will get shot if you drive down the main road while your gang is fighting. The thing is that this suggestion would not change that scenario at all, because everyone is already allowed to shoot at anyone during a firefight, due to the existing rules

If people are shot while driving down the road while a gunfight is on i will personally ban them as there is absolutely no reason to shoot them, they are posing no threat at all, if they jump out with a gun in the middle of a gunfight, then consider them part of it and a threat and kill them.

9 minutes ago, Bob said:

I thought I answered your question quite clearly. Meta gaming is against the rules.

And how are the admins going to manage this mass breech of meta gaming in different situations? People are not going to incriminate themselves by showing videos and they will simply let other members of the gang release videos instead, already happens today. I can't believe people want to meta game.

If you do not have the common sense or decent hearing to realise that there is a firefight occurring there must be something drastically wrong with your senses.

So your reason on a post about changing the meta gaming rule, is that its against the rules. Real constructive.

You cant just assume its Proxys fault he didnt hear the shots, there may have not been any for a few mins, or it could have been silenced...

Just now, BULLETS said:

So your reason on a post about changing the meta gaming rule, is that its against the rules. Real constructive.

You cant just assume its Proxys fault he didnt hear the shots, there may have not been any for a few mins, or it could have been silenced...

I feel like you are not reading my posts!

So he didn't hear shots, see abandoned cars, dead bodies, weapons lying on the floor or anything else that could indicate a firefight? Someone is telling fibs.

2 minutes ago, Tidus said:

If people are shot while driving down the road while a gunfight is on i will personally ban them as there is absolutely no reason to shoot them, they are posing no threat at all, if they jump out with a gun in the middle of a gunfight, then consider them part of it and a threat and kill them.

I agree with this unless it is a marked car (syndicate or police).

3 minutes ago, Tidus said:

The reason it is suggested to implement rangefinders IS to see that information and use it though.

Yes, but the information you gain is only allowed to be used in order to determine rather or not the vehicle is involved. This means that I can't use rangefinders on a car, walk up to the person and go "Hi Tidus".

Just now, Bob said:

I feel like you are not reading my posts!

So he didn't hear shots, see abandoned cars, dead bodies, weapons lying on the floor or anything else that could indicate a firefight? Someone is telling fibs.

So now you assume that theres abandoned cars and dead bodies... I am reading your posts. You put no reasoning behind your claims...