Initiation guidelines

Hello people,

Well this happens on a daily basis to us (the police).

We are going down the road and get shot from nowhere. First thought is well another RDMer. You talk to them on ts and the old classic we where already initiated.

A example of this is this senario:

Example of rule change.

Initiation only lasts for one km this means that if any cops enter the 1km the initiation is valid but for example a fight up by ganghideout 2 dosent allow the rebels to shoot cops in kavala. (with some better writting)

I can't watch the video as I'm offshore, but Purhaps maintaining visual contact with the opposing faction could have something to do with maintaining the initiation... but communication within factions is key, it's easy for gang members to say lethal safe okay on cops in agios, however the communication amongst cops is a lot more difficult, quickly and accurately describing and locating individuals.

However i think that a certain level of threat should be presented by an individual of a faction, such as getting out of a vehicle and taking aim or taking defensive positions. Shooting seems to be the default outcome in the majority of interactions between rebels and police. As I really feel that situations like these shouldn't happen... (I am in a stolen police car as a rebel)

Edited by Simon

Completely agree. Decided to follow a speeding vehicle through Kavala the other day, went North of Kavala, clearly in pursuit of the vehicle when there's a road block up ahead full of Syndicate members. Railed down instantly.

Granted, some form of communication could have taken place, but to log on, chase after someone and then get shot to shit while clearly not being involved makes it a bit redundant.

I think having the initiation rule change to being relevant to distance would cause more problems than it would solve, firstly people trying to snipe would constantly be having to check whether or not they were within 1km which to me is just silly.

secondly, being police you are a very stand out faction and when someone has initiated on the police every cop in the area is initiated. Fair enough while their are a lot of police the spread of information on who's been initiated and where may be difficult to get around.

However you cant then come and say that it's the rule of initiation that needs changed because simply its the fault of whoever is initially involved to tell everyone that they have been initiated on. While it is annoying as it's happened to everyone when you get killed in what seems to be RDM, but that's always going to be a thing when you are a stand out white listed faction.

Edited by RyanH
1 hour ago, PaulS said:

If they were already initiated with cops why didn't they radio in to tell you guys? If not then please don't shout at me

Because not all police are responding to the same incident, dissimilar to a rebel gang.

Not only that, but similar to my story, I logged on after everyone had been killed, saw a speeding person and chased after him, then found myself gunned down by Syndicate just outside of Kavala without a word of roleplay.

41 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Seriously we're still talking shite about this?

This is why we have whispers.

This is why everyone on a whitelisted faction has to be on teamspeak.

It's about better communication and working with each other letting every member know what's going on.

See above^

6 hours ago, James Grimm said:

Hello people,

Well this happens on a daily basis to us (the police).

We are going down the road and get shot from nowhere. First thought is well another RDMer. You talk to them on ts and the old classic we where already initiated.

A example of this is this senario:

Example of rule change.

Initiation only lasts for one km this means that if any cops enter the 1km the initiation is valid but for example a fight up by ganghideout 2 dosent allow the rebels to shoot cops in kavala. (with some better writting)

Totally RDM.. banning.

2 hours ago, PaulS said:

If they were already initiated with cops why didn't they radio in to tell you guys? If not then please don't shout at me

Units work in constabularies.. and not EVERY SINGLE cop needs to respond to an incident at the other side of the map... what happens in one area does now allow free for all on the entire island.

22 minutes ago, Neo said:

Totally RDM.. banning.

Units work in constabularies.. and not EVERY SINGLE cop needs to respond to an incident at the other side of the map... what happens in one area does now allow free for all on the entire island.

What i meant was why don't cops radio in when an incident happens? can't see the harm in it since it lets them get backup if needed or lets other cops know the area is hostile. Only negative i can think of is that coms could get cluttered with none stop chatter.

32 minutes ago, PaulS said:

What i meant was why don't cops radio in when an incident happens? can't see the harm in it since it lets them get backup if needed or lets other cops know the area is hostile. Only negative i can think of is that coms could get cluttered with none stop chatter.

Because someone would need a second keyboard to individually call in different units to different locations its not as simple as calling in all kavala when athira units may be in the area also. This then causes issues when people whisper all units for one tiny gun fight in kavala but that tiny gun fight is big to the person involved or the person who has drove past and gets killed just because they are going to the station to deal with a suspect.

End of the day it is shit to be able to spray at any police car that drives past you because you are initiated with ONE, if that police car drives past then takes up position in a field or a ditch then yes of course you can then engage.

You also have an issue with people stealing police cars and then going into gunfights or situations for instance if that wasnt an officer then it would be RDM correct? So why treat it like anything else, he wasnt initiated with that officer, the officer was driving past unaware of anything going on and you cant just blame police comms because they are shit the person shooting needs to be held accountable for his shit way of roleplay and gung-ho attitude.

Edited by Rambo
9 hours ago, PaulS said:

@Rage but surely cops should radio in anything crime related regardless if you're responding to the same incident?

You can radio anything in, but within those very long 3 minutes (Believe me, 3 minutes of initiation sometimes varies, even up to 10 minutes depending on who has been in a gun fight) if the police unit is killed, they can't radio anything in. They're dead. Further to that, if I log on within those 10 minutes like the situation I was involved in and didn't receive any message via the radio, I'm driving blind into a possible situation.

I know I'm not making the best of sense;

Unit 1 Is driving through Kavala, sights a Syndicate vehicle that's driving badly. Syndicate vehicle drives out of green zone, initiates and kills the Unit 1. Unit 1 manages to get a radio message out before dying.
I log on, drive out of HQ, sight a speeding vehicle completely not related to Syndicate. I chase, it leads me out of Green zone.
Syndicate have a road block up ahead and start peppering me with shots before I can even react.

In this situation, I'm completely untied to the previous initiation, I'm completely unaware of any hostility and am focused on a speeding vehicle of a hobo, not Syndicate. I don't see where the roleplay side of things come into it. I'd even accept a "hands up or die" over just being sprayed..

18 hours ago, Rage said:

Not only that, but similar to my story, I logged on after everyone had been killed, saw a speeding person and chased after him, then found myself gunned down by Syndicate just outside of Kavala without a word of roleplay.

See above^

See this is what I'm talking about, good comms negates this. When you log on:

Step 1) Get on teamspeak.

Step 2) Enquire about any firefights, ongoing altercations. This way you can be sure you know of any no-go areas that are likely to be of the dangerous type.

In the syndicate we always strive to accumulate enough information about previous/current engagements that could bring trouble or unwanted combat. (Not saying we're always any good at this because nine times out of ten it's an absolute shit show)

The simple message from this is that you seem to think logging on as a cop and blindly following a speeder without any regard to who/what's going on down the road seems to suggest there should be some sort of comms training in the cops on how to deal with this issue

1 minute ago, Neo said:

I call police getting RDM'd from a situation miles away RDM.

This wasn't miles away thought, he was in the middle of Kavala and there was a gunfight with the police and syndicate surrounding it. This wouldn't be RDM as it isn't miles away from where I killed the cops, it was just down the road..

4 hours ago, Jesus said:

See this is what I'm talking about, good comms negates this. When you log on:

Step 1) Get on teamspeak.

Step 2) Enquire about any firefights, ongoing altercations. This way you can be sure you know of any no-go areas that are likely to be of the dangerous type.

In the syndicate we always strive to accumulate enough information about previous/current engagements that could bring trouble or unwanted combat. (Not saying we're always any good at this because nine times out of ten it's an absolute shit show)

The simple message from this is that you seem to think logging on as a cop and blindly following a speeder without any regard to who/what's going on down the road seems to suggest there should be some sort of comms training in the cops on how to deal with this issue

NLR negates this, too.

• 2 weeks later...