Dennis Wise

Dennis Wise

In-game name:

Dennis Wise

Steam ID:

Date of ban:

01/20/17

Staff member that banned you:

May have been PaulS ( not entirely sure)

Reason for ban:

1 week ban for Combat Logging, then perm ban for "Racism"

Why do you think you were banned:

The combat logging waa undebatable and a stupid move on my part. But the perm ban for racism was due to me accidentally trying to join the server having been banned with an inappropriate name.

Do you believe your ban was unjustified, if so explain why:

My ban was justified initially however having read the rules I wasn't being " directly" racist or discriminatory. However I fully understand why I was banned and then I acted up and gave it loads of lip in TS as if I thought I was a big man.

If you believe your ban was justified why should you be unbanned:

Simply because having taken a lengthy break from playing Arma I have matured a significant amount and have realised what I did wrong and how I handled the situation entirely the wrong way. Furthermore I am willing to make apologies to anyone who was offended by the name i used when I accidentally joined the server having already been banned for 1 week.

Where there any extenuating circumstances that contributed to your ban:

Not sure tbh. The only reason I reference the technicality with the rules is due to being desperate having realised this is easily the best life server I have found in a long time.

Please confirm you've read & understood the rules

Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe

Yes

Sorry but the date may be wrong, I can't remember the exact date but it was over 1-2 months ago

You were banned for this:

Opening fire on police without anything said. It is RDM.

The other notes I have are these:

"changed ban to perm after connecting to the server as 'nigger boy'"

14 minutes ago, Jamz said:

You were banned for this:

Opening fire on police without anything said. It is RDM.

The other notes I have are these:

"changed ban to perm after connecting to the server as 'nigger boy'"

I appreciate you clarifying my reason for being banned. I disconnected. I got banned for RDM + Logging ,i confronted the admin trying to clear up the specific reason and inform him i was previously initiated on cops for my gang member being initiated on them so it was therefore not rdm. He explained the appeal process but i decided against it as i felt it was beneficial for me to get some work done irl and being banned would prevent the distraction. i was then permanently banned having connected with that name ( by mistake- double clicked on wrong server on the list)

I hate to be technical on the rules but the racism as qualified in the rules on this website state about DIRECT discrimination/racism as against the rules i.e. being racist to another member of the community. I feel this is not DIRECT racism/discrimination and so it should fall under the offensive name category. Having looked over that the rule regarding an offensive player name is an indefinite ban until the name is changed i feel a perm ban is a little harsh. Furthermore, when i accidentally connected to the server i knew i was already banned so didn't think anything of it ( i didn't realise it would show in game that i tried to connect and the name of my current Arma 3 unit) and in fact i didn't even intend to connect to RebornRP. Obviously that is besides the point and there is blatant wrong doing on my part but i am trying to show you that i am sorry for my rash and reckless actions that night, since i had no bans nor warnings on record until that incident where i lost my head i am hoping you can take it along with me being extremely remorseful for my actions into consideration.

Racism is racism. There's no trying to get around that...

I don't understand why you're trying to be technical about it all, it wont help your appeal process, really. You know having a name like that is ridiculously stupid, even I would have perm'd you for it. You deserved it.

Now answer me this, why did you make threats to just join the server on a different steam account?

I made the threats because i lost my head that evening i have no clue why and i just became self destructive, the admin was rightfully not willing to change his decision and i came up with buying another steam account. I honestly have no reason why i just at the time thought i could beat the system by arguing and threatening. Tbh i cant even afford to buy arma again with all the dlc so i have no clue why i said it.

I apologise for trying to get around being racist and i do accept my wrong doing and i am very remorseful for my actions and i can promise nothing will ever happen again like this.

This all could have been avoided if you had just apologised, instead of trying to beat the system and be smart with our Admins.

The ban was put in place 2 months ago, why have you not appealed sooner than this?

I haven't been playing arma for a long while and i feel it has done me some good. I had lots or irl work and also i clearly needed to mature and grow up a bit which i feel i have done. If my ban appeal had been successful then the server would have been a huge distraction for me as i just cant stop playing it once im on.

of* ( and btw i mean if it had been successful 2 months ago)

Very well, I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you have matured and improved your attitude towards our community.

No more racism, rdm and combat logging. Any of these violations again will end up with more strict terms or a permanent ban without the ability to come back.

Have a good evening.

Unbanned - 29/04/17