Important News
  • A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.... Reborn Wars Episode Unknown - Saturday Returns.... Every week on Reborn, the gangs go to war in order to take control of the galactic gang bases. Only Two gangs can be victorious. Meanwhile on the moons of Panagia, Staff Lead Outsyder camps the garage sign, awaiting unexpecting hobos to transverse into his crosshairs.
  • Click Here to see the cinematic version!
  • knock Knock! ........... Who's There?.......... THE POLICE, HANDS UP OR BE TASED!!!
  • Reborn Development Team

when are we getting a opfor faction

• Replies 65
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok so more than week to "implement" I reiterate my point, Why do we need yet another OPFOR faction that will just end up getting run into the ground because of incompetent, friend-circling or laz

Why do we need one? Sure, I would like to see you code a brand new faction in a week 🙄

A "using blackwater as a template" wont work... It'd be same shit with same problems.   I have plans and ideas but have had a week off after recent ddos crap.       Soon

Posted Images

I think the command issue would be difficult to deal with as command within the Opfor faction has always been the reason they have failed and a reason behind this could be that it is to combat orientated not saying that it is a bad thing it is just that when you make a faction with limited slots friend circling will take place, This is why cops and medics work as they are heavily roleplay and often have no cap or an abundance of players whilst blackwater was inactive when warzone wasn't on so it discouraged a lot of players who wanted to play off warzone as they had no one to play with at least from my personal experience. Another argument could be that Cops are required to stop rebels going wild and medics are there to save people from death Whilst blackwater and other opfor factions kind of awkwardly fit into that dynamic, it was essentially a whitelisted gang essentially though blackwater wasn't all bad I enjoyed it and I know a lot of other members did however it wasn't a healthy thing for the server as a whole. We all knew it wouldn't last. Some good things they did was make small gangs more powerful allowing them to do majors and gang base bidding. Instead of zerging it controlled this massively. 

Honestly, a BW similar faction is amazing in terms of keeping the server exciting and increasing activity, I dont really know why BW was removed but I think it definitely has its spot on the server, just needs to be made right. People will complain either way, whether there isnt a faction or there is, and if there is a faction, people will still find a reason to complain.

On 2/17/2021 at 3:45 PM, Scott McTavish said:

Why do we need one?

Sure, I would like to see you code a brand new faction in a week 🙄

Could always try and get Havoc from PhoenixRP into the game, not sure how viable this is though or of the server's history (maybe you tried Havoc before). 

5 minutes ago, Sneakymallard said:

Could always try and get Havoc from PhoenixRP into the game, not sure how viable this is though or of the server's history (maybe you tried Havoc before). 

Ill be honest I don't want to add nor care about adding another OPFOR faction, for it to be led by useless command members

If Neo wants to add one I will help him but that's about it

2 minutes ago, Scott McTavish said:

Ill be honest I don't want to add nor care about adding another OPFOR faction, for it to be led by useless command members

Fair enough , what is your solution to the command dilemma?   I volunteer as Supreme Leader - no need for a command when a righteous despot like me takes control.

Edited by Sneakymallard
    1 minute ago, Sneakymallard said:

Fair enough , what is your solution to the command dilemma?

Don't add another OPFOR faction!

There is no solution, it starts off with good command at the start, they leave and then it slowly goes through command members who are either incompetent or turn the faction into a friends circle.

That's usually what happens. However by that logic one could argue that every command structure on the server is compromised in this way - surely its something that's better accepted and mitigated rather than not listening to the suggestions of the player base? - it seems disingenuous to apply the "compromised command" logic only to the opfor faction without acknowledging its presence in all factions or power-structure systems on the server and in real life - and if not , then you'll find the solution within those other hierarchies that aren't incompetent.

Leadership is a concept that's been tackled by philosophers and leaders for thousands of years in "The Republic." , "The Artharastra" etc etc - we've been trying to get it RIGHT for a long time - yet we still live in hierarchies. In light of this the suggestion that an OpFor faction simply should not exist because the concept of "good leadership" is contested would be disingenuous. I am aware that this is a game, but hierarchies tend to function similarly in real life on the social, and sometimes but not always on the policy level.

The reasoning is rather Lazy (not you.)

Edited by Sneakymallard