Important News
  • A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.... Reborn Wars Episode Unknown - Saturday Returns.... Every week on Reborn, the gangs go to war in order to take control of the galactic gang bases. Only Two gangs can be victorious. Meanwhile on the moons of Panagia, Staff Lead Outsyder camps the garage sign, awaiting unexpecting hobos to transverse into his crosshairs.
  • Click Here to see the cinematic version!
  • knock Knock! ........... Who's There?.......... THE POLICE, HANDS UP OR BE TASED!!!
  • Reborn Development Team

[Accepted] - Major Change For Drug runs + NCA/More RP

Ava_Fox

ok so this one is going to be super complicated if im honest and its going to be more on what cops think on this one but here we go anyways,

so i know NCA is main based Narcotics Etc but i was kinda thinking that maybe if cops didnt have any markers in regards to Drug areas (fields, processors, dealers) and made them all generate on different areas maybe every 2 hours, but NCA have the choice to interigate rebels and gain a location of a Illegal area not know to cops, i know that this maybe something not possible but i kinda felt id say it anyway,

i was just seeing if there was a way to increase more RP within Cops and Rebels that isnt just gunfights or being jumped at a dealer with no knowledge, but also the chance to have different locations for the drugs+ instead of the same old,

i accept if this gets denied and -1, like i said im just throwing ideas that come to mind to see if theres any way to gain more RP with cops as its not always the easiest to get that

i am open to answering ANY questions regarding this

Edited by Ava_Fox

so just to clarify, only rebels would have access to the markers of drug pros and cops would have to find them out from the rebels over the restart.

Tbh seems actually quite cool but I think it could cause issues with rebels tryna do runs in particular locations if the runs are random + idk if it could be done in arma to work in a fluid way

Would like to see this but the technical aspect of having to generate multiple locations for fields + processors seems like alot of work. Plus there would still be a finite amount of locations so people would probably just metagame it anyway. 

3 hours ago, Snowb said:

so just to clarify, only rebels would have access to the markers of drug pros and cops would have to find them out from the rebels over the restart.

yes cops would need to work on obtaining the locations via the work of interigation of detained rebels

im not 100% sure i can be done but i thought it would be worth the ask

• 3 weeks later...

Was thinking of making the following into my own suggestion, but figured it would be more helpful if I added to the current debate.

Rotate drug fields and processors between several locations on restart. This would work in the same way that the Pablos Drug dealer rotates between 3 locations on restart, the drug fields and drug processor sites would do the same. This change could of course apply for legal runs as well. 

image.thumb.png.33ac82f3e5868e7533f197a386d81003.png

^ The above image, shows locations for a number of locations that would be suitable for drug fields/processors in the west/centre of the map (Apologies for the faintness of the markers) 

The reason for this change is provide a mix-up to the meta of drugs runs of just LSD & weed + the current routes have been the same for ages. 

2 hours ago, Tann3r said:

Was thinking of making the following into my own suggestion, but figured it would be more helpful if I added to the current debate.

Rotate drug fields and processors between several locations on restart. This would work in the same way that the Pablos Drug dealer rotates between 3 locations on restart, the drug fields and drug processor sites would do the same. This change could of course apply for legal runs as well. 

^ The above image, shows locations for a number of locations that would be suitable for drug fields/processors in the west/centre of the map (Apologies for the faintness of the markers) 

The reason for this change is provide a mix-up to the meta of drugs runs of just LSD & weed + the current routes have been the same for ages. 

i have to admit i am glad someone was able to come up with some more location ive been trying to find some good ones without make them way too long i do like your idea on locations

4 hours ago, Tann3r said:

1. moving NCA that far north is a bit stupid as it is then miles away from everything else

2. moving the drug runs that far north would make them less used then they currently are as it would increase the run time to something stupid so people will just do LSD

3. people do LSD & weed as they give the most so to get other people to do other runs you would have to either lower the amount you get from LSD & weed or increase the other runs

5 hours ago, Tann3r said:

love the locations you picked will also give more use to the upper left of the map allowing for more stuff to be put there later on

I think the general idea of making other runs better so they are done as well is good, its cool with the idea of moving drug runs around although I dont know how everyone else would feel.

I am still against moving NCA HQ, we would have to first off see if this worked then if it did maybe move it. Equally, NCA HQ is in the best location really right now as its in an accessible versatile point. 

13 hours ago, Tann3r said:

There all way to close together it will make it to easy for people to make money that way and all the cops from Kav will never stop patrolling around that Area 

4 hours ago, Josh . said:

There all way to close together it will make it to easy for people to make money that way and all the cops from Kav will never stop patrolling around that Area 

Of course the sites won’t be that close together, the markers only represent a small number of suggested locations for drug fields/processors to alternate between in the west/centre of Altis. There are tens, if not hundreds of other possible locations spread over the map. 

Edited by Tann3r

+1, I know I'm late respond to this. But at the moment people do runs depending on distance as well as sale price. A weed run is slower but makes more, LSD is fastest but makes less. Random locations would change the length of the run and make different runs better for each restart adding more variety.

Either this or the prices of each drug should be revised, based on item weight, risk (from police and thieves) and obviously distance. The current runs aren't super balanced and it'd be nice to see players doing more than just LSD and weed. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen this done on other roleplay server this exact concept and it worked really well however it is all about the cops stance on it so if you comply and give them the information they have to either release you with no ticket or time and like maybe not crush your truck / transport if caught .

Think this would be great as at the moment cops couldn't just see you at weed field and go to weed pro. 

Maybe instead of completely chaging locations but instead swapping it so Coke field  switched with weed field . but weed pro switches with Meth pro etc.. So they are all good locations still that the community likes but cops will have to be more observant as they can't  just go to the next stage like they do now .

• 1 month later...