Important News
  • A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.... Reborn Wars Episode Unknown - Saturday Returns.... Every week on Reborn, the gangs go to war in order to take control of the galactic gang bases. Only Two gangs can be victorious. Meanwhile on the moons of Panagia, Staff Lead Outsyder camps the garage sign, awaiting unexpecting hobos to transverse into his crosshairs.
  • Click Here to see the cinematic version!
  • knock Knock! ........... Who's There?.......... THE POLICE, HANDS UP OR BE TASED!!!
  • Reborn Development Team

Players and stuff

• Replies 203
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it is no shock that there is less players taking part in things like warzone and cartels anymore, mainly because a lot of the main players such as gang leaders or people with a lot of friends

Myself @momo @crazed @[email protected]@[email protected]@Zurph are some of the banned people that i have spoke to and 100% of the time they agreed to wanting to be unbanned off reborn, also it is U

i got banned for ''hacking'' just because i killed fuels gang like 7 months ago. Its been multiple bans waves, etc, plus this is the only server that i have been banned for this reason.   ca

9 minutes ago, Neo said:

should have gone back to the staff lead...

Yes, The staff lead who banned me unbans me then you and tavo rebanned me with no reason on it apart from the same old ban message. I believe that only me and crazed are the people who showed each other one page of each document and we havent shown it to anyone else since.

8 hours ago, Scott McTavish said:

Really? stop taking the piss, we said no already

I mean its fair you die to us blame ping but I don't understand your hate towards AU we play on OLY and GTA fine we USED to play here fine as well what has changed?

15 minutes ago, imaK said:

There wasn't a report. Someone went to staff with a video where they didn't look at me during a completely valid initation. Because they didn't look, they didn't see my gun, and it was classed as a hobo initation. 

I did, a staff lead agreed I shouldn't have been banned and asked me to speak to the banning admin. Banning admin refused to unban me.

I don't even care, because I have better shit to do and waste too much time as it is. It's just annoying that I'm being banned for not breaking the rules when I'm trying to play the game. If everyone experienced this, they wouldn't want to play here. 

I care...

I'm speaking to Charlie about this now, and its not a Charlie issue, it's just a filtered down problem that we're working to resolve.

We're now taking actions to ensure this doesn't happen again.

pAEvJ

10 minutes ago, RitzCarRacer said:

Yes, The staff lead who banned me unbans me then you and tavo rebanned me with no reason on it apart from the same old ban message. I believe that only me and crazed are the people who showed each other one page of each document and we havent shown it to anyone else since.

Then you should focus your appeal on that..

A dispute can be denied if all details pertaining to your ban are not referenced.

8 hours ago, Peterrr said:

From my perspective quite a few people have moved on to this server for the "combat" aspect and wasn't really satisfied because of the harsch rules, the hot headed staff aswell as the style of combat of the two factions. But since neo said it's mainly a roleplay oriented server & that everyone who wants to point and shoot should play KOTH I guess we have to respect that and understand that it isn't being catered to combat players. Though I think for the sake of keeping the server alive you should try your best to maintain a somewhat balance like obito mentioned earlier in the thread.

Hot headed staff is my favorite part of this sentence no hate. no beef but I think alot of this community can agree that some of the staff not all of them. I love some of the staff here but a few select members like to just ban people tell them to come talk to them then scream at them and right click them out of the server if that was fixed wouldn't be a big of a problem and we wouldn't be in this current predicament

19 minutes ago, Neo said:

its not a Charlie issue

Isn't it?

I get your procedure may be ambiguous, but I tried explaining the situation to him at the time (he banned me mid wz) and he didn't want to listen to me. I also tried contacting him after as per what the staff lead member told me to do. He told me he had IRL things to do and hopped on euro truck simulator.

Not trying to grass him up but I don't think I'm the only one who's had issues with Charlie. 

Moving forward I think the clarification you're making with the staff team about their procedure will be good for the server. It's hard to be completely impartial, nobody's perfect, but it would be nice to see a conscious effort from every staff member to handle every situation as fairly as possible, allowing both sides to explain their side before taking action. 

53 minutes ago, Neo said:

should have gone back to the staff lead

Sent them a message on discord and got no response. I don't have time to chase people around.

39 minutes ago, HooDi said:

Hot headed staff is my favorite part of this sentence no hate. no beef but I think alot of this community can agree that some of the staff not all of them. I love some of the staff here but a few select members like to just ban people tell them to come talk to them then scream at them and right click them out of the server if that was fixed wouldn't be a big of a problem and we wouldn't be in this current predicament

I feel because this server like plenty of others only take a certain type people into the staff a lot of them that don't partake in combat activities. I hope with this new wave of staff some will be from the cartel fighting community or atleast have a overview of it. Maybe then players will feel more understood and actually read stuff without just taking it as an attack like @Neo said earlier.

Edited by Peterrr
    9 hours ago, Peterrr said:

it's mainly a roleplay oriented server & that everyone who wants to point and shoot should play KOTH I guess we have to respect that and understand that it isn't being catered to combat players

Completely disagree. It is catered to combat players in so many ways. Gear is cheap as chips, there are cap points and a massive combat event every restart. How is this not catering to combat players?

You get money for killing someone for getting a kill but it isn’t catered to combat players? 

17 minutes ago, AndrewFam said:

Completely disagree. It is catered to combat players in so many ways. Gear is cheap as chips, there are cap points and a massive combat event every restart. How is this not catering to combat players?

That's what neo said...I agree that the server is combat focused in many ways. Though from the original responses to this thread it looked like management DIDN'T want to cater to combat. Then neo made it clear that they are trying to balance it 50 50.

Edited by Peterrr

I can’t edit that but it should have read “You get money for killing someone but it isn’t catered to combat players?”

3 minutes ago, Peterrr said:

That's what neo said... I agree this is many ways catered to combat but that's not what it looks like they are catering too though with neo explaining things they are going for a 50/50 beetwen rp and combat.

Sorry what hahah

“I agree but it’s not what it looks like as neo said they are going for 50/50”

18 minutes ago, Peterrr said:

That's what neo said...I agree that the server is combat focused in many ways. Though from the original responses to this thread it looked like management DIDN'T want to cater to combat. Then neo made it clear that they are trying to balance it 50 50.

Ok that makes more sense.

They do cater to combat it’s just if you piss them off you get the “go play koth” as a defence mechanism haha. It normally means can you just shut up we are trying.

Back to the main point, a mass unban does fuck all. Just maybe admins look at appeals with a more lenient bias would be nice to maximise the number of players imo.

2 hours ago, Neo said:

I care...

I'm speaking to Charlie about this now, and its not a Charlie issue, it's just a filtered down problem that we're working to resolve.

We're now taking actions to ensure this doesn't happen again.

pAEvJ

Then you should focus your appeal on that..

A dispute can be denied if all details pertaining to your ban are not referenced.

Wait this is what i just got punished for someone send a video to a staff member and asked is this DPI ?  did not report it and was not intending on reporting it and i still got in shit

1 hour ago, imaK said:

Isn't it?

I get your procedure may be ambiguous, but I tried explaining the situation to him at the time (he banned me mid wz) and he didn't want to listen to me. I also tried contacting him after as per what the staff lead member told me to do. He told me he had IRL things to do and hopped on euro truck simulator.

hi there

will make this small address to clarify thing with here from my own POV

at the time of the incident both myself and Jack where the admins deal with with and we saw the POV that was given and we both thought at the time was to be poor, so we both tried to pull you up and tried to talk to you but you was not been respective to what we where saying hence why you was panned and also we also asked for POV of you of which you did not which lead to you ban at the time, we where listening to what you was saying in all fairness here you wasn't doing it for us  but i can see to why ( I'll explain this in a moment), I cannot speak for jack here but I'm happy to listen to all side of the story, it my job of been admin but its difficult to backup what you saying when at the time we where present a video which we though validated the other persons claims., I will address that I went off and yes I was playing euro truck simulator whilst speak to both my therapist for my anxiety and my flatmate was there for emotional support. i wouldn't mortally share this but in this instance i felt it was needed to provide content this point.

1 hour ago, imaK said:

Not trying to grass him up but I don't think I'm the only one who's had issues with Charlie. 

in all fairness here, you been the first notable person to have an issues with of me of which Neo saw and we addressed in the staff office straight away when he saw this and  we had a lengthy discussion about the matter and talk though my thought process behind it and i also heard his side of how he saw it and i will happy admit in this instance I was wrong and I will take the time to personally apologize to you for this mistakes, I'm aware that I cannot turn back the clock and never make it happen, but as neo pointed above we are making steps to ensure that we learn from this and that we do not make the same mistakes twice and everyday for me is a learning curve and I personally strive to make myself better and to adapt to forever changing server that reborn is and as ad admin myself just to give an insight into me I dislike in banning people, it means people are not playing the server so i try and only ban when it left me with no other choose and when I get it wrong like I did here as staff will vouch here that I kick myself horribly over it which a lot of people do not see as I take a alot of pride to make reborn a nice place for people to play and dedicate myself to make sure it free for hackers and people who are here just to break the rules and we do this all of our own backs.

but I will say just to add on to what Neo has pointed

if any person has any issues in how I dealt with something, them feel free to leave me a PM on discord and I will try and resolve it with you, I am no perfect admin here...…far from it, but if I'm doing something you feel it not right then I just would like to know, sometimes it might be times where I've just forgotten and other times it something that I'm not aware I'm doing that i will happily correct and if you never happy with the respond I give you, then feel free to take it up with a staff lead as I can assure you they will pull me up for it and as Neo has done, correct me if I am wrong.

1 hour ago, imaK said:

Sent them a message on discord and got no response. 

in all fairness here it got list in all the messages and im sorry for not responding, i was busy at that time 

8 minutes ago, JamesCharles said:

Wait this is what i just got punished for someone send a video to a staff member and asked is this DPI ?  did not report it and was not intending on reporting it and i still got in shit

in all fairness here Olav you had just come off a ban here 24 prior to see that which an exploit which is one the rules that carries the perm ban , this was discussed with Tavo and removed from police was sufficient, also this was before that post was implented, any future videos now will be directed to the forums

Edited by Charlie.
    7 minutes ago, Charlie. said:

if any person has any issues in how I dealt with something, them feel free to leave me a PM on discord and I will try and resolve it with you,

I feel like your very hotheaded when dealing with things and this is the kind of attitude I think quite a few people feel from the staff team. Though I understand staff are just volunteers and at some point staff just say f ive had enough and start being very hotheaded and strict. 

• Neo locked this topic