Important News
  • A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.... Reborn Wars Episode Unknown - Saturday Returns.... Every week on Reborn, the gangs go to war in order to take control of the galactic gang bases. Only Two gangs can be victorious. Meanwhile on the moons of Panagia, Staff Lead Outsyder camps the garage sign, awaiting unexpecting hobos to transverse into his crosshairs.
  • Click Here to see the cinematic version!
  • knock Knock! ........... Who's There?.......... THE POLICE, HANDS UP OR BE TASED!!!
  • Reborn Development Team

Players and stuff

thomaslorddd

9 hours ago, Peterrr said:

it's mainly a roleplay oriented server & that everyone who wants to point and shoot should play KOTH I guess we have to respect that and understand that it isn't being catered to combat players

Completely disagree. It is catered to combat players in so many ways. Gear is cheap as chips, there are cap points and a massive combat event every restart. How is this not catering to combat players?

You get money for killing someone for getting a kill but it isn’t catered to combat players? 

• Replies 193
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it is no shock that there is less players taking part in things like warzone and cartels anymore, mainly because a lot of the main players such as gang leaders or people with a lot of friends

Myself @momo @crazed @[email protected]@[email protected]@Zurph are some of the banned people that i have spoke to and 100% of the time they agreed to wanting to be unbanned off reborn, also it is U

i got banned for ''hacking'' just because i killed fuels gang like 7 months ago. Its been multiple bans waves, etc, plus this is the only server that i have been banned for this reason.   ca

17 minutes ago, AndrewFam said:

Completely disagree. It is catered to combat players in so many ways. Gear is cheap as chips, there are cap points and a massive combat event every restart. How is this not catering to combat players?

That's what neo said...I agree that the server is combat focused in many ways. Though from the original responses to this thread it looked like management DIDN'T want to cater to combat. Then neo made it clear that they are trying to balance it 50 50.

Edited by Peterrr

I can’t edit that but it should have read “You get money for killing someone but it isn’t catered to combat players?”

3 minutes ago, Peterrr said:

That's what neo said... I agree this is many ways catered to combat but that's not what it looks like they are catering too though with neo explaining things they are going for a 50/50 beetwen rp and combat.

Sorry what hahah

“I agree but it’s not what it looks like as neo said they are going for 50/50”

18 minutes ago, Peterrr said:

That's what neo said...I agree that the server is combat focused in many ways. Though from the original responses to this thread it looked like management DIDN'T want to cater to combat. Then neo made it clear that they are trying to balance it 50 50.

Ok that makes more sense.

They do cater to combat it’s just if you piss them off you get the “go play koth” as a defence mechanism haha. It normally means can you just shut up we are trying.

Back to the main point, a mass unban does fuck all. Just maybe admins look at appeals with a more lenient bias would be nice to maximise the number of players imo.

2 hours ago, Neo said:

I care...

I'm speaking to Charlie about this now, and its not a Charlie issue, it's just a filtered down problem that we're working to resolve.

We're now taking actions to ensure this doesn't happen again.

pAEvJ

Then you should focus your appeal on that..

A dispute can be denied if all details pertaining to your ban are not referenced.

Wait this is what i just got punished for someone send a video to a staff member and asked is this DPI ?  did not report it and was not intending on reporting it and i still got in shit

1 hour ago, imaK said:

Isn't it?

I get your procedure may be ambiguous, but I tried explaining the situation to him at the time (he banned me mid wz) and he didn't want to listen to me. I also tried contacting him after as per what the staff lead member told me to do. He told me he had IRL things to do and hopped on euro truck simulator.

hi there

will make this small address to clarify thing with here from my own POV

at the time of the incident both myself and Jack where the admins deal with with and we saw the POV that was given and we both thought at the time was to be poor, so we both tried to pull you up and tried to talk to you but you was not been respective to what we where saying hence why you was panned and also we also asked for POV of you of which you did not which lead to you ban at the time, we where listening to what you was saying in all fairness here you wasn't doing it for us  but i can see to why ( I'll explain this in a moment), I cannot speak for jack here but I'm happy to listen to all side of the story, it my job of been admin but its difficult to backup what you saying when at the time we where present a video which we though validated the other persons claims., I will address that I went off and yes I was playing euro truck simulator whilst speak to both my therapist for my anxiety and my flatmate was there for emotional support. i wouldn't mortally share this but in this instance i felt it was needed to provide content this point.

1 hour ago, imaK said:

Not trying to grass him up but I don't think I'm the only one who's had issues with Charlie. 

in all fairness here, you been the first notable person to have an issues with of me of which Neo saw and we addressed in the staff office straight away when he saw this and  we had a lengthy discussion about the matter and talk though my thought process behind it and i also heard his side of how he saw it and i will happy admit in this instance I was wrong and I will take the time to personally apologize to you for this mistakes, I'm aware that I cannot turn back the clock and never make it happen, but as neo pointed above we are making steps to ensure that we learn from this and that we do not make the same mistakes twice and everyday for me is a learning curve and I personally strive to make myself better and to adapt to forever changing server that reborn is and as ad admin myself just to give an insight into me I dislike in banning people, it means people are not playing the server so i try and only ban when it left me with no other choose and when I get it wrong like I did here as staff will vouch here that I kick myself horribly over it which a lot of people do not see as I take a alot of pride to make reborn a nice place for people to play and dedicate myself to make sure it free for hackers and people who are here just to break the rules and we do this all of our own backs.

but I will say just to add on to what Neo has pointed

if any person has any issues in how I dealt with something, them feel free to leave me a PM on discord and I will try and resolve it with you, I am no perfect admin here...…far from it, but if I'm doing something you feel it not right then I just would like to know, sometimes it might be times where I've just forgotten and other times it something that I'm not aware I'm doing that i will happily correct and if you never happy with the respond I give you, then feel free to take it up with a staff lead as I can assure you they will pull me up for it and as Neo has done, correct me if I am wrong.

1 hour ago, imaK said:

Sent them a message on discord and got no response. 

in all fairness here it got list in all the messages and im sorry for not responding, i was busy at that time 

8 minutes ago, JamesCharles said:

Wait this is what i just got punished for someone send a video to a staff member and asked is this DPI ?  did not report it and was not intending on reporting it and i still got in shit

in all fairness here Olav you had just come off a ban here 24 prior to see that which an exploit which is one the rules that carries the perm ban , this was discussed with Tavo and removed from police was sufficient, also this was before that post was implented, any future videos now will be directed to the forums

Edited by Charlie.
    7 minutes ago, Charlie. said:

if any person has any issues in how I dealt with something, them feel free to leave me a PM on discord and I will try and resolve it with you,

I feel like your very hotheaded when dealing with things and this is the kind of attitude I think quite a few people feel from the staff team. Though I understand staff are just volunteers and at some point staff just say f ive had enough and start being very hotheaded and strict. 

Just an insight.

We do look at appeals, and admit we can be a bit slow, but a lot of people lie...

luker luker#9647 76561198160917538 Other "6 months ago I was banned for being in a group called Zin that had the tag line 'Hack' and it was assumed by Neo that I was in-fact hacking due to being in this group. I believe AndrewFam is in this group and has been all this time but never recieved the same ban as I did. I believe I should be unbanned due to the fact I have never cheated and there was never any time in-game whereby I have caused any suspicion that I have used third party applications, this is the only kind of 'evidence.' Furthermore, I have been in said group for over a year and have not had any problems elsewhere because of it. The group is not a group for 'hackers' it is merely just a profile sort of flex due to the tag line 'hack' actually being available. If you ask most people who know me, I have a good reputation despite being in said groups. As well as this, I was banned on the forums for being affiliated as a management member on the server 'Cartel Life.' Regarding this, I have not been apart of that community for over 5 months now. AndrewFam was also management and was banned for the same reason but the ban was lifted after he had left the management team. I'm just curious if I can get the same treatment. I am pretty certain my name on the forums is 'luker.' I am more than happy to answer any questions. I just thought that if he had been banned for the exact same reasons and had been unbanned, I'll give it a shot too. Thanks"

GLOBAL BAN from BE..

Wasn't really wrong was I... ;)

37 minutes ago, AndrewFam said:

Hey do you know what would be sick, if we all put a funny gif in here at the same time

it was all to do with the MASSIVE essay charlie wrote.

9 minutes ago, thomaslorddd said:

don’t make yourself look like a mug

doesn't really matter if I had it right or wrong to begin with... He is now.. so no, he doesn't come back.

@Neo my main steam account was banned a few months back for cheating on a different game. I was unbanned from the NA server because Ryan the owner of Olympus got into contact with battle eye asking about my globaled account they confirmed that it had nothing to do with Arma and i was unbanned from the NA servers. When i first got onto Reborn about a month ago i was instantly banned by @Wanderer for my old account. @Cliffoff talked to him about my account and then he unbanned me. Then yesterday i was rebanned for the same reason? I can tell you as well anyone i have played with if you know me i am know where good enough to cheat or have cheated. I enjoyed the server as i played it but the reason i have not put a ban appeal in is because i dont care to go through the argument with you guys trying to prove i never cheated when i know i dont cheat and can play the other servers. But like i said, i enjoyed my little time on the server and it would of been nice to keep playing. but if i am (sketchy) due to my old account i can see why you guys would not want me to play. 

17 minutes ago, Neo said:

Just an insight.

We do look at appeals, and admit we can be a bit slow, but a lot of people lie...

Wasn't really wrong was I... ;)

You banned him for cheating before he started cheating.

You banned him for being in the Zin group which I was also in before he even cheated.

So yes you were wrong when you called him out for cheating. And Zin isn’t a hack group or I’d be banned too.

This is another case of someone getting banned wrongly, it just so happens that for whatever reason he then decided to cheat later on.

3 minutes ago, AndrewFam said:

This is another case of someone getting banned wrongly, it just so happens that for whatever reason he then decided to cheat later on.

Not really wrong if he goes and hacks later... gg.

Litterally would have been unbanned right now if he was a legit player.

3 minutes ago, AndrewFam said:

This is another case of someone getting banned wrongly

Then dont make a group called "Zin Hacks" full of arma players...

2 minutes ago, Neo said:

Not really wrong if he goes and hacks later... gg.

Litterally would have been unbanned right now if he was a legit player.

You called him a cheater when he wasn’t cheating so you were 6 months wrong. 

Your other point is that he was in a “hack group” called Zin therefor he was hacking... Yet so was I but here I am still not cheating so you are wrong to assume someone is hacking for being in a group with their mates.

If I accuse some random guy of hacking then half a year later they get banned for hacking when they weren’t even cheating when I called them out, it doesn’t make me the all seeing eye and it doesn’t mean my accusation was correct at all.

Just now, AndrewFam said:

You called him a cheater when he wasn’t cheating so you were 6 months wrong. 

Your other point is that he was in a “hack group” called Zin therefor he was hacking... Yet so was I but here I am still not cheating so you are wrong to assume someone is hacking for being in a group with their mates.

If I accuse some random guy of hacking then half a year later they get banned for hacking when they weren’t even cheating when I called them out, it doesn’t make me the all seeing eye and it doesn’t mean my accusation was correct at all.

you've accused plenty enough Mr Fam.

The question you should really ask is why I found about about Zin in the first place, this was due to a report against him... just cant remember what the report was.

And now you're defending a Global banned hacker... I may as well let cozza back in too?

6 minutes ago, Neo said:

Then dont make a group called "Zin Hacks" full of arma players...

Decent players make a joke about cheating because they get accused of cheating so often it becomes a joke.

People literally play the server with exe and shit in their name it’s pretty obviously a meme.

If it was a genuine hack group they aren’t gonna make it public and get everyone in it banned are they 😂😂

• Neo locked this topic