Important News
  • Hello Everyone! We're still working on this new theme for the forums, so keep in mind... This is a WORK IN PROGRESS
  • ``'-.,_,.-'``'-.,_,.='``'-.,_,.-'``'-.,_,.-'``'-.,_,.='``'-.,_,.-' Oh no... Neo's found a new toy.....``'-.,_,.-'``'-.,_,.='``'-.,_,.-'``'-.,_,.-'``'-.,_,.='``'-.,_,.-'
  • knock Knock! ........... Who's There?.......... THE POLICE, HANDS UP OR BE TASED!!!
  • Reborn Development Team

Small financial report (The Costs)

Glad to have an insight to where my monthly £10 go towards! :) Hopefully with the Teamspeak 5 release you can cut that cost out, i myself have paid for all these once and arma 3 is probably the most expensive game to host "good" so to say.

2 minutes ago, Barry said:

Glad to have an insight to where my monthly £10 go towards! :) Hopefully with the Teamspeak 5 release you can cut that cost out, i myself have paid for all these once and arma 3 is probably the most expensive game to host "good" so to say.

unfortunately, TS5 is a step backwards. I've got it, and its naff..

Whispers missing

Hotkeys reduced

etc.

may as well switch to Discord....

(this opinion is why we're not a teamspeak partner).

Neo my question is, how come Reborn pays roughly the same amount as other servers yet the FPS goes to shambles sometimes during large fights? 

X server for example you can kill players so smoothly but the majority of us know for a fact that in CQC players tank headshots and sponge like mad 

21 hours ago, Cliffoff said:

Neo my question is, how come Reborn pays roughly the same amount as other servers yet the FPS goes to shambles sometimes during large fights? 

X server for example you can kill players so smoothly but the majority of us know for a fact that in CQC players tank headshots and sponge like mad 

Just by speculation it might be the downed script? 

On 9/17/2020 at 1:32 PM, Cliffoff said:

depends scripts are running on your client and those around you at the time.

Some of our stuff is serversided, like the capzones, etc..

but your characters are constantly broadcasting loads of information to other players, the sad part about arma is not only are you getting info about those near you, you're game is also being updated about people in Kavala if you're figting in Kavala.

We're working on taking one of the biggest offenders out of the server... Infistar...

additionally, finetuning our basic.cfg could make this better, however, on the flip side, too much of a tweak and we'll get BE Mass kicks.

TLDR: ArmA Dumb.

• 2 weeks later...
    2 minutes ago, Neo said:

I'm confused what you mean.

This is the connection of the gameserver.

weirdly it can receive faster than it can send information.

l8Dhm

Game server with 15 people on it.

Might have to do with the DDoS protection if im not totally wrong (the diffrent speeds)

8 minutes ago, Neo said:

We're not having a problem with this? person asked about our network and something to do with its connection in the next update?

like we never max it out.....

Might have misunderstood you 😅 

"This is the connection of the gameserver.

weirdly it can receive faster than it can send information."

It's not an issue I'm just speculating myself why it would be like that. 😃