Cliffoff

Showcasing KD in signature

You’re IG KD which currently isn’t accurate, could some players on their forms profile have the option in their forum settings to showcase their KD in game or “Capture zone KD”. 

Would be a nice thing to see as players have the option to have this on or off. Low priority suggestion but the current KD system would need to be fixed first, or would need warzone to add in a KD system since right now I believe it’s only capture zones and the old captures zone KD before they were taken out.

4 minutes ago, Seska said:

This is a roleplay server lmao I don't think we need to glorify PvP any more than we already do. 

How is it glorifying pvp? All it's doing is giving those who are here to partake the PvP a way to see their stats/performance.

1 hour ago, Nick. said:

-1 dont want people to see my 0.5 kd 

12 minutes ago, Seska said:

This is a roleplay server lmao I don't think we need to glorify PvP any more than we already do. 

There is already a KD leaderboard showing but remember this is optional

If possible players that have the option turned off cannot see other players KD’s @Scott McTavish that is if it’s possible 

Edited by Cliffoff

1 hour ago, Peterrr said:

How is it glorifying pvp? All it's doing is giving those who are here to partake the PvP a way to see their stats/performance.

I think it'd give anyone joining the forums a bad impression. Joining an RP server but seeing everyone showing their K:D on the forums would be a bit odd. 

52 minutes ago, Seska said:

I think it'd give anyone joining the forums a bad impression. Joining an RP server but seeing everyone showing their K:D on the forums would be a bit odd. 

Well then the option will be made default automatically. Reborn is known for its PvP over roleplay 

2 hours ago, Cliffoff said:

Well then the option will be made default automatically. Reborn is known for its PvP over roleplay 

This, there arent many new faces to ARMA in general anymore and thats a fact. All players coming to the server are either old players, unbanned players or players that already know ARMA and quite frankly its the PVP that most people play for. Its been proven by many servers that facilitating the PvP players actually does well for the server. As long as you can balance roleplay and PvP you're alright.

On 9/16/2020 at 11:32 AM, Cliffoff said:

Reborn is known for its PvP over roleplay 

On 9/16/2020 at 1:46 PM, Burrows^ said:

quite frankly its the PVP that most people play for. 

Am I honestly the only person who sees this as a bad thing? The server is called RebornRP. We have paragraph upon paragraph in the rules regarding roleplay, and almost every faction requires roleplay training/background to enter. 

Yet somehow almost everyone on the server just seems to toe the line with RP rules in order to shortcut to PvP as soon as physically possible. Initiations are frequently given the absolute bare minimum of interaction so that people can tick that 'didn't break the rules tho lol' box before they shoot you. 

People execute others for absolutely no reason, and I've yet to see genuine value for life over gear from the majority of the people I've come across. 

As Police you're mostly just seen as free gear, and baited out of safe zones constantly with cheap, piss-poor excuses for roleplay. On the rare occasion that you do actually find yourself in an enjoyable RP scenario as a cop, you're usually interrupted by a gang event (Area 51/Prison, etc), and told to drop what you're doing to participate in the mandatory PvP. 

Many players who are captured/arrested following pvp usually either give the Police toxic verbal abuse, or stay completely silent/go AFK during processing. It becomes clear that they give absolutely zero fucks about the roleplay side of things at all, and it makes for a shitty experience as a cop wanting some sort of interaction beyond mindless shooting.

This has turned into a bit of an off-topic rant at the general state of things, but my main point is just that I don't think PvP should be the main focus here. It's definitely not what I thought this server would be like from my first impressions of the forums.

Though I suppose in a way, your suggestion might help any prospective new-players realize what RebornRP is actually all about before they invest too many hours in it. 

@Seska Do you read anything I write? There is a option to turn it on or off meaning if its off you cannot see other players KD. Also most of the TFU lads want to see this, we come to this server for the PvP sorry were not roleplaying with you at the art gallery. If you dont have anything useful to say besides how toxic we are (from you're background photo) and how we don't roleplay, then this suggestion isn't for you as this is for the majority of players that play this server for combat 

Enough of you're anti combat rant, as I said the option is an enable & disable function