In-game name:
Admiral General Aladeen

Steam ID:

Date of ban:
09/12/20

Staff member that banned you:
Charlie

Reason for ban:
I was banned for two weeks due to being reported for initiating after an RTC and NVFL.

Why do you think you were banned:
I was banned because I broke the rules NVFL and for initiating after an RTC.

Do you believe your ban was unjustified, if so explain why:
With both bans being put on the forum I did not have a chance to explain my side of the story as I have to work on the weekends sometimes so I had very little spare time and as such without receiving any notifications and not expecting to be reported for reasons I'll explain shortly I did not check the player reports. In relation to the NVFL report I had just been involved in an incident as can been seen in the video where multiple people had died so I was quite disorientated and immediately saw some people jump out of the ifrit, where I only counted three in the split second it all happened so knowing my friend was also present I felt being outnumbered 3 to 2 wasn't particularly bad odds. However this was seen by an admin in game who pulled me to kav castle, there I explained my side of the story which he accepted so told me I'd get a warning to air on the side of caution in future which I thought was fair. However I've now been been banned over the same incident as I could not give my side of the story.

If you believe your ban was justified why should you be unbanned:
With regards to the initiation after an RTC I immediately realised I had broken a rule with that one and accepted it should not have happened and as a result at the request of the gang who had been killed I went straight to their liason channel to offer comp. On getting into the channel I spoke to a few members of the gang and explained what had happened so they left and went into their main channel then came back and said there was no one who wanted to speak to us so there was no issue and they were happy for us to leave. I believe this server tries to have accidents dealt with outside of the forums however in this example I went out of my way to apologise and offer comp but I was ignored so I don't feel it is fair to be given a one week ban for this.

Where there any extenuating circumstances that contributed to your ban:
I believe a large contributing factor to me getting such a heavy ban was because two reports came in quick succession from the same gang and I was unable to defend myself due to having IRL commitments so it looked like I'd just gone on a deliberate rule breaking spree. I accept that I have broken rules which I thought had already been dealt with in game and on ts so I just ask that if my ban cannot be removed then it be reduced as I feel it is quite harsh for what are genuine mistakes.

Please confirm you've read & understood the rules
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe
Yes

since the days have now passed i shall reopen this to ask some question in relation to what you have said above:

22 hours ago, AaronJS said:

With both bans being put on the forum I did not have a chance to explain my side of the story as I have to work on the weekends sometimes so I had very little spare time and as such without receiving any notifications and not expecting to be reported for reasons

i'm going to first point out the following which conredicts what you are saying there:

• the first report against you was on friday 11th September 2020 at 18:50 which was denied where you made multiple comments at 19:49, 21:14, 22:26, 11:37
  • the second report which was made at 18:56 on friday 11th September 2020 of which you made no comment as that report was left open untill saturday at 1:53pm
  • the 3rd report was made at 20:02  friday 11th September 2020 of which you made no comment as that report was left open untill saturday at 1:53pm

that is clear to me you had plenty of time to see the report as stated in the first point that you made multiple comment in that first report and could have easily look at these reports too, also we are not responsible to come and case after you to say you are been reported, everyone has an individual responsibility to check our forums regularly to make sure they are not been reported and make to make comments appropriately if you are been reported.

In relation to the NVFL report I had just been involved in an incident as can been seen in the video where multiple people had died so I was quite disorientated and immediately saw some people jump out of the ifrit, where I only counted three in the split second it all happened so knowing my friend was also present I felt being outnumbered 3 to 2 wasn't particularly bad odds. 

in that video, you can clearly see one person putting their hands on their head and then there you pointing a gun and trying to shoot them as based on that only video it clear 3 of them jump out of which you would have seen them and clear outnumbered which is poor on here, alas like i said above you made no effort to provide any evidence to prove this person was in you gang ( as again you are responcable to provide evidence to defend yourself accordingly) to prove that was you made nearby as if this was the case then it wouldnt be poor but alas no evidence was submitted form yourself to validate this.

. However this was seen by an admin in game who pulled me to kav castle, there I explained my side of the story which he accepted so told me I'd get a warning to air on the side of caution in future which I thought was fair. However I've now been been banned over the same incident as I could not give my side of the story.

can you tell me the name of the admin who spoke to you in relation to this so i can validate this as i'll need to speak to them

With regards to the initiation after an RTC I immediately realised I had broken a rule with that one and accepted it should not have happened and as a result at the request of the gang who had been killed I went straight to their liason channel to offer comp. On getting into the channel I spoke to a few members of the gang and explained what had happened so they left and went into their main channel then came back and said there was no one who wanted to speak to us so there was no issue and they were happy for us to leave. I believe this server tries to have accidents dealt with outside of the forums however in this example I went out of my way to apologise and offer comp but I was ignored so I don't feel it is fair to be given a one week ban for this.

i am going to point here that again its you responsibility to provide evidence to show you made an effort in resolving in the the reports, alas like mentioned above you provided with no response so i can only go by what is provided, also the week ban was for both reports and not just the 1

Where there any extenuating circumstances that contributed to your ban:
I believe a large contributing factor to me getting such a heavy ban was because two reports came in quick succession from the same gang and I was unable to defend myself due to having IRL commitments so it looked like I'd just gone on a deliberate rule breaking spree. I accept that I have broken rules which I thought had already been dealt with in game and on ts so I just ask that if my ban cannot be removed then it be reduced as I feel it is quite harsh for what are genuine mistakes.

as stated above, you was given a week based on you ban history which is quite lengthy and as you stated due to the 2 reports of which you clearly broken rules as a result of this so the punishment was appropriate considering you broke 1 rule twice and then 1.7 RTC once, also as staed above you had plenty of time to respond and the first reports showed that you where actively commenting in that report for a good few hours so i would like to know is why did you not comment on these other 2 reports and/or provided counter evidence to support you claim

ive reopen this now so you can respond appropriately and i wait you repsonce 

I am unsure of who the admin is who gave me the warning was I as not expecting it to go this far and I don't feel that it is fair to accuse someone of doing something wrong then expect them to provide evidence they havent done anything. I don't normally record so in theory anyone could accuse me of breaking a rule and I'd have no way of avoiding a ban. 

1 hour ago, AaronJS said:

I am unsure of who the admin is who gave me the warning was I as not expecting it to go this far 

well luckily i've spoken to the admin in question and he has clarified a few things for me:

* they confirmed they did speak to you about the incident

* they also confirmed you never had mate there as you was on you own with that person who put their hands up ( so yes you lied to me here)

1 hour ago, AaronJS said:

I don't feel that it is fair to accuse someone of doing something wrong then expect them to provide evidence they havent done anything. I don't normally record so in theory anyone could accuse me of breaking a rule and I'd have no way of avoiding a ban. 

well that the thing, both report in question show you breaking rules here and we gave you sufficient time to respond, as staed in my previous statement you replied to one in such a timframe that you would easily seem the other 2, also you are responsible to provide counter evidence to support you claim and not the other party ( unless there are mitigating circumstances surround this) so the ban is fair as the video evidence support this too, we cannot simply take you word ( as this open the argument of you word against his)

also there no theory behind this, you broke rules here and you not understanding to what you did here is wrong and you must learn to accept this, so on this basis i will be denying this appeal and you can sit the rest of the ban out, in future i would suggest to record you gameplay ( like use OBS, shadowplay) even if it not been used in event of situation like this you have solid proof to back up you claims, also i would appricate for you to not lie to me in future

denied