Jalali135

Police Hostages Rule

I think we need to add a rule where you cannot take any police officer hostage if there are less than 5 on the server because there is simply no way to be able to actually be rescued by anyone. 

The rule should state "That police officers can only be taken hostage if there are more than 5 police online".

//

I got taken by over 15 people along with 3 other police officers and we inevitably got killed after 30 minutes of doing nothing. 

Ive been taken hostage for up to an hour before when there was nobody to rescue me and eventually you just get dropped off the side of a building or tower. 

My other police buddy  was taken hostage by over 10 people and was shot in the leg and left in the middle of nowhere without any comms at all.

1 hour ago, calv. said:

just don't get kidnapped 👍

when theres 3 cops on and they all get told to put their hands up, so your basically telling us not to value our lives?

i mean there is ways to avoid this, obviously grouping up helps a lot as i doubt there is gonna be enough rebels in one gang on late at night to kidnap 3-5 cops, second of all, if you see more cars pulling up or more rebels surrounding you, get in your car and dip. obviously i agree with you that if the RP is poor from them and you are not enjoying it then you should be able to leave but I don't think a rule should be made preventing getting kidnapped, this removes a sense of danger that is already quite low to begin with. i respect your opinion though and can see where you are  coming from but I don't think a rule suggestion should be made over a few bad experiences.

Also I am not suggesting that you don't value your life, just giving tips on how to avoid getting in those situations in the first place.

Edited by calv.

7 minutes ago, calv. said:

i mean there is ways to avoid this, obviously grouping up helps a lot as i doubt there is gonna be enough rebels in one gang on late at night to kidnap 3-5 cops, second of all, if you see more cars pulling up or more rebels surrounding you, get in your car and dip. obviously i agree with you that if the RP is poor from them and you are not enjoying it then you should be able to leave but I don't think a rule should be made preventing getting kidnapped, this removes a sense of danger that is already quite low to begin with. i respect your opinion though and can see where you are  coming from but I don't think a rule suggestion should be made over a few bad experiences.

Also I am not suggesting that you don't value your life, just giving tips on how to avoid getting in those situations in the first place.

Okay i understand, sorry for being like that, I only just had a sit like this that happened to me, and was kidnapped straight after I was RDMed so i was looking for that person but then these others come out of no where and surround us so we couldnt do much. It is quite annoying though that we cant really patrol at times were no one is on because people can easily just kidnap us which results in them getting free gear and stuff. But i do understand that it destroys the state of realism and RP, but when we cant call for backup because no one else is on, us not being able to patrol just gives rebels more of an advantage being able to rob anyone or do illegal runs were we cant step in because of being trying to kidnap us which is what alot of people do and we cant stop it, but i think implamenting this rule would help alot but i would see if it was denied :)

aye fair enough mate, I understand you guys trying to stop runs then getting the whole value your life bullshit thrown at you is frustrating and as you said, might aswell suggest it and see what staff think. Was just giving a few counter arguments that other people would probably bring up.

Just now, calv. said:

aye fair enough mate, I understand you guys trying to stop runs then getting the whole value your life bullshit thrown at you is frustrating and as you said, might aswell suggest it and see what staff think. Was just giving a few counter arguments that other people would probably bring up.

Yeah thats fine mate :)

if your taken hostage go with it, roleplay with them and if they ain't really roleplaying with you or actually holding you hostage for a reason and just trying to waste your time that's not allowed im pretty sure.

people should be able to take anyone hostage at any time as long as they provide adequate rp and all that 

There is no effective way to see how many cops are online and what if a cop logs off half way through?

- it would be challenging to enforce. If you guys are getting taken hostage so much I suggest talking to police command about seeing if you can use different cars and change your patrol tactics.

Last night me and 4 other guys responded to a prison break, only to find out that 4 gangs had allied and there was almost 15 people in a bunch of cars, there isn't much that can be done in this situation when they drive up to you and completely surround you.

There definitely needs to be something done about this, however i see the point that the rebels wouldn't know how many police are on unless they meta game.

Maybe if there are less than 5 police on the server, there could be a warning message if u restrain a police officer. 

It could read "Warning, not enough police officers, ""Name"" will be unrestrained in 1 minute, Please allow them free"

2 hours ago, Jalali135 said:

Last night me and 4 other guys responded to a prison break, only to find out that 4 gangs had allied and there was almost 15 people in a bunch of cars, there isn't much that can be done in this situation when they drive up to you and completely surround you.

There definitely needs to be something done about this, however i see the point that the rebels wouldn't know how many police are on unless they meta game.

Maybe if there are less than 5 police on the server, there could be a warning message if u restrain a police officer. 

It could read "Warning, not enough police officers, ""Name"" will be unrestrained in 1 minute, Please allow them free"

Only two gangs can ally at a time.

You guys have an insane amount of money in gang funds, you have more than enough to pay for the release of a hostage.

Police would have lost that prison fight anyway tbh even if there were 10 cops on as rebels have good gear and you guy do not so it would not make much difference. 

It's not an ideal situation but complicating the server with more rules imo is not a good idea, I think you guys should ask if you can patrol with unit gear and stuff at times when there are fewer cops on and change your play style if this is a recurring issue.

As a side note when you get taken hostage they need to rp with you so they can't just be there in silence then kill you.

20 minutes ago, _Jared_ said:

-1 just don't be stupid enough to get caught and kidnapped by rebels.

Wow that’s something that we can just do isn’t it, guess we should just shoot all 5 of them with no VOL. Not a great thing to say 👎

Obviously I didn't mean it like that. Presumably you have a car. If you see a bunch of armed rebels. Before they come up to you just hoon it up the road if possible.

That rule would definately be abused as you can't hardcode (like 10+ cops for a major) restraining someone as a hostage.

3 minutes ago, _Jared_ said:

Obviously I didn't mean it like that. Presumably you have a car. If you see a bunch of armed rebels. Before they come up to you just hoon it up the road if possible.

That rule would definately be abused as you can't hardcode (like 10+ cops for a major) restraining someone as a hostage.

Alright i see what you mean but if we don’t see them and we are occupied with like something else and they come out of no where and surround us we can’t really do much but I do see if we do see them we can drive away I agree with that 

11 hours ago, Lightning said:

"Yo guys do you want to do a hostage sit?"

"Two sec just let me metagame and see how many cops are online"

But for real, it would be a bit silly if you have to metagame to see how many cops are online to then decide if you can do a hostage sit

What @Lightning said summarises the rest of my viewpoint.

Also, it would be very rare that you have a load of members from one gang at an early hour.

The most i've seen from one gang at around 1000BST was CeX, they only had three compared to five officers.

@_Jared_ Yesterday when we did the prison break, there was literally 3 seperate gangs that circled us and took us hostage at the prison break.

Breakfast club

Authentic

White banana powder (dont fully remember their name)

And some unemployed members... We were literally just forced to be prisoners for like 30 minutes or more then just dropped off a tower.

There needs to be something done about this, i dont know what the solution could be but i can see why another complicated rule would cause more harm than good. 

10 hours ago, Jalali135 said:

We were the gang leading that, we were just chatting with you when you arrived and you even started driving away then stopped and got out your car to talk to us. If you knew you couldn't fight us all then why put your life in danger you should have just driven off.

3 hours ago, Jalali135 said:

@_Jared_ Yesterday when we did the prison break, there was literally 3 seperate gangs that circled us and took us hostage at the prison break.

Breakfast club

Authentic

White banana powder (dont fully remember their name)

And some unemployed members... We were literally just forced to be prisoners for like 30 minutes or more then just dropped off a tower.

There needs to be something done about this, i dont know what the solution could be but i can see why another complicated rule would cause more harm than good. 

Also reason we did this is because we were all fed up of being forced in jail for 30 minutes just before restart despite roleplaying with cops really well

Edited by RomillyN

Just now, ColBigglesworth said:

Its not fun spending 30 mins in jail. I do hope that you are not expecting your whole time as an officer to be 'fun', just because you get free guns it doesnt make you immune to roleplay. 

I play the game to have fun why else would i play? 

You spending 30 mins jail is from your doings anyway 

I roleplay as best as i can which makes it fun i dont care about the free gear