OfficialZeeVo

Warzones

W  A  R  Z  O  N  E  S

How we can solve the current issues facing warzones reported by the community

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Introduction

In this essay, we will be going over the current issues facing warzone and how we can solve the issues but before we begin to delve into that matter we need to understand what warzone attempts to achieve. Warzone attempts to create an activity for all factions alike to fight in the fields, roads and homes of Altis using the gear they have to earn money, earn recognition and have fast-paced combat divergent to the normal pace of roleplay situations similar to KOTH and CQC. This event is significant for all players in the server as a manner to earn large sums of money without having to involve themselves in dangerous and sometimes illegal runs where they can be robbed or arrested.

This event also is a way to prevent activity in normal roleplay devolving into messes of gunfire and poor dialogue evident in many other servers. Warzone also directly affects factions as during warzone the streets to become rather empty resulting in almost an hour of boredom so it is important to realise that all the factions are entitled to warzone despite their manner of achieving weaponry.

Lack of understanding in the community

One thing I have been seeing from the community is a clear lack of understanding of why Police and Blackwater cannot be banned from the warzone. It has been established many times that during warzone criminal activity becomes quite low for Police and Blackwater meaning it is very little for them to do. Restricting these factions in anyway from entering warzone directly will result in backlash.

Another thing I have been seeing from the community is a lack of understanding of how the factions work. One example of this is the Police. It is clear that only TFU is allowed to participate in a warzone but despite this players still think that all Police are allowed to participate in warzones. Police also limit weapons to certain ranks so most players with high costing weaponry such as Mk1s and Mk18s have most likely spent hundreds of hours in Police.

In contrast to this, however, Blackwater are all allowed to participate in warzones and they weapons are not free however their weapons are significantly cheaper so to compare Police and Blackwater in the same light is inherently wrong.

Issues faced by the community

Most players would agree that Blackwater does hold a slight advantage in warzones due to their large access to vehicles and weaponry and their large numbers online during warzone. Before I continue I would also like to state that despite the source of these claims they do hold importance and validity and should not be dismissed as "salty" comments.

Attempting to explain how factions are in advantage can be tricky as we have to first take into account that many players in the established factions have larger numbers of playing hours from ranges of 2 to 5 thousand hours on ArmA 3 alone. These players also have a more organized manner in which they participate in a warzone from clear communications to chains of command.

Despite this, it has been clear that Blackwater consistently holding top 3 in the leaderboard is an issue, especially when gangs like Cypher and Lemonade have demonstrated themselves to outperform Blackwater in combat. This is debatable so I will not go into this fully but these gangs are not being beaten by skill but by other factors.

I would agree that recently the way STAFF team has managed the Police performing in a warzone has been unfair and this is displayed in their public upset. Although Police have free gearsets they do not deserve to be cast out of the warzone and it can be a factor in why people leave police especially when police members cannot go on as a rebel apart from Saturdays.

How we can solve these issues

There are numerous ways we can solve the issues faced in a warzone but I have found the most effective ways are for restraints on Police and Blackwater to be released however we should introduce tiered zones to capture.

Tiered Zones 

These zones would tier into 3 groups, each tier consisting of more points earned and more money earned.

Tier 1

• Tier I zones would be for lower recognised gangs as a manner to still participate in warzones however limiting them from fighting against larger gangs to support growth for new players and creating a happier community.

Tier 2

• Tier 2 zones would be where you would expect to see Police and 4-5 player gangs fighting. This helps not only to let all factions fight in zones but also helped split the factions into the tiers.

Tier 3

• Tier III zones are where you would expect to see the largest gangs and factions fighting for points and money. These will be held in large significance to it will inherently encourage more skilled players and larger groups to fight.

Sharking

My other point I am going to make while debatable is a valid point nonetheless and it is the point of addressing sharking. Sharking has been banned in many other servers and to my understanding, I'm not sure why it has not been banned as it exploits the fact that ArmA doesn't recognise that normal bullets can still travel in water.

This is a roleplay server so it should attempt to emulate real-world characteristics so it baffles me why sharking is allowed, especially in the warzone. Those who are not aware of what sharking is, sharking is the method of hiding in water to avoid fire from rifles excluding the SDAR. I understand the need to involve the SDAR and SDVs in normal combat however how it has been involved is a toxic and not enjoyable manner.

The way we can solve this is by not allowing players to hold points in the water. This would be monumental is solving the issue as it would not remove the meta of sharking however would limit its use of camping points in the water. These points in which they camp are extremely difficult to push and the lack of boat garages near Warzones for SDVs contribute to this problem.

Warzone Locations

My last issue with Warzones is that the areas that they have been placed have been really poor and the STAFF team should put more thought into where they place the Warzones.

Warzones in open fields and beaches can create interesting dynamics of play, however, Warzones placed in areas like ghost hotel are rather atrocious to play in due to the large areas to cover.

The STAFF team should make sure that the areas are more enjoyable to fight in. Some areas are also rather empty providing no cover to players resulting in a toxic battle of sniping between hills and nobody in the actual points. Deer Stands and cover should be placed in these desolate areas.

Apologies for that

The main issues were

• Sharking
  • Lack of cover in warzones
  • Lack of engagement by smaller gangs
  • Blackwater's advantage in warzones
  • Poor warzone placement

How to solve

• Tiered warzones
  • Add cover to areas with no cover
  • No capturing in water
  • Boat garages near warzones

30 minutes ago, OfficialZeeVo said:

Apologies for that

The main issues were

• Sharking
  • Lack of cover in warzones
  • Lack of engagement by smaller gangs
  • Blackwater's advantage in warzones
  • Poor warzone placement

How to solve

• Tiered warzones
  • Add cover to areas with no cover
  • No capturing in water
  • Boat garages near warzones

Ok so

Issues:

Sharking, as annoying as it is, is a viable option to defend water based points. If someone is using the water to protect themselves and then pops in and out of it with a gun to shoot you have a problem. If someone is using an SDAR to shark you've just got the counter it.... it sucks I know

Lack of cover, there is a lack of cover as you want to limit the size of the mission file. Now sure adding a deerstand here or there wouldn't hurt but not all zones are meant to have easy to defend features. 

Smaller gangs can group up and target one point and keep gaining money to increase their performance. They can start recruiting to gain members to help. Realistically they probably weren't designed with the intention of small gangs making alot of money.

Blackwater's advantage in warzone, I mean, I agree. They have the best spawns all over the map and some points do favor them a lot.

Placement, it could of been better but like said many times before "Warzone in under constant review" and if the dev team deem it worthy im sure they can ask people for new locations :)

Solution:

Tiered warzones seem like a cool idea, but like ive said before warzone isn't really meant for smaller gangs. The server has alot of other features for small gangs to excel in you dont just want anyone hoping on and competing straight away.

Adding cover, maybe if zones are reworked this could happen? But most people use ifrits and qullins so cover is there in the open.

Capturing in water, not enough water points to implement something like this IMO

Boat garages, I mean it would be cool to see more boat garages generally not just for warzone.

Just my opinion though

1 hour ago, OfficialZeeVo said:

Sharking has been banned in many other servers and to my understanding, I'm not sure why it has not been banned as it exploits the fact that ArmA doesn't recognise that normal bullets can still travel in water.

This is a roleplay server so it should attempt to emulate real-world characteristics so it baffles me why sharking is allowed, especially in the warzone.

Those who are not aware of what sharking is, sharking is the method of hiding in water to avoid fire from rifles excluding the SDAR. I understand the need to involve the SDAR and SDV in normal combat however how it has been involved is a toxic and not enjoyable manner.

The way we can solve this is by not allowing players to hold points in the water. This would be monumental is solving the issue as it would not remove the meta of sharking however would limit its use of camping points in the water

It's not an exploit just because Arma didn't make something super realistic, oh and before you start talking about emulating real-world physics go and research the correlation between bullets and water, you will find that even a few feet underwater can protect you from most bullets (dependent on calibre, velocity, angle etc).

It's not like gangs can't capture other zones that isn't a water zone, some people like holding water zones, why should we penalise them because some people don't like it or just cant be arse to adapt to the setting.

5 minutes ago, Scott McTavish said:

It's not an exploit just because Arma didn't make something super realistic, oh and before you start talking about emulating real-world physics go and research the correlation between bullets and water, you will find that even a few feet underwater can protect you from most bullets (dependent on calibre, velocity, angle etc).

It's not like gangs can't capture other zones that isn't a water zone, some people like holding water zones, why should we penalise them because some people don't like it or just cant be arse to adapt to the setting.

sharking  disencourages people to fight its simple , the point of playing warzone is to have a enjoyable experience and to work as a team to win the event , not to get pissed off by a idiot who thinks its funny to shark and when you get slammed by other people the idiot who sharks kills you when your not looking , I think we should have a vote to decide what the community wants with this one , either to ban sharking or not.

1 minute ago, AHMEDXZ said:

sharking discourages people to fight its simple , the point of playing warzone is to have a enjoyable experience and to work as a team to win the event , not to get pissed off by a idiot who thinks its funny to shark and when you get slammed by other people the idiot who sharks kills you when your not looking , I think we should have a vote to decide what the community wants with this one , either to ban sharking or not.

Funny that's what we did in BW, have a roaming ground team and a water team, working as a TEAM to win. 

Don't want to fight or get killed at a water point? Then fight at the other 4, it's that simple.

People get pissed off at people who snipe or bench, should we ban them too?

1 minute ago, Scott McTavish said:

Funny that's what we did in BW, have a roaming ground team and a water team, working as a TEAM to win. 

Don't want to fight or get killed at a water point? Then fight at the other 4, it's that simple.

People get pissed off at people who snipe or bench, should we ban them too?

Ngl people get pissed more than someone sharking them than someone benching them , because you can shoot that bench if you know where they are and it takes one bullet to literally destabilise the heli making it shake meaning they have to get out and repair and etc and it takes skill to bench , but having someone under the water makes if physically impossible to shoot them when you know where they are also there is no skill in sharking , and no one wants to go and gear up with a sdar and go into the water as its boring, like when blackwater done it , it was so boring to fight and everyone was so disencouraged to fight you , were here to have a fun and enjoyable time and most of the time people who say toxic things are to people who shark (who chat soo much shit) , therefore you will decrease the amount of bans given for toxicity and people will have a good time not getting shot by a shit player sharking , I still believe that we should have a vote to decide if the community wants to keep sharking or not , since at the end of the day it is the community that makes the server so see if they want it or not by a simple vote.

5 minutes ago, AHMEDXZ said:

Ngl people get pissed more than someone sharking them than someone benching them , because you can shoot that bench if you know where they are and it takes one bullet to literally destabilise the heli making it shake meaning they have to get out and repair and etc and it takes skill to bench , but having someone under the water makes if physically impossible to shoot them when you know where they are also there is no skill in sharking , and no one wants to go and gear up with a sdar and go into the water as its boring, like when blackwater done it , it was so boring to fight and everyone was so discouraged to fight you , were here to have a fun and enjoyable time and most of the time people who say toxic things are to people who shark (who chat soo much shit) , therefore you will decrease the amount of bans given for toxicity and people will have a good time not getting shot by a shit player sharking , I still believe that we should have a vote to decide if the community wants to keep sharking or not , since at the end of the day it is the community that makes the server so see if they want it or not by a simple vote.

Boring for some, fun for others.

You are wrong about people being toxic to "sharks", people shit talk 99% of the time when they get killed, I know that for a fact, I have seen and heard it.

Maybe if people kept their mouth shut they wouldn't get banned, common sense really but that's too hard for some of the people that play here.

1 minute ago, Scott McTavish said:

Boring for some, fun for others.

You are wrong about people being toxic to "sharks", people shit talk 99% of the time when they get killed, I know that for a fact, I have seen and heard it. Maybe if people kept their mouth shut they wouldn't get banned, common sense really but that's too hard for some of the kids that play here.

its boring for the majority of players like 85% of players find it boring being sharked when they want to fight people who actually slam , and the other 15% find it fun to shark which means that the majority of the server find it boring , and fair enough about the toxicity point , but why not have a vote to decide whether people want sharking to stay or go. that the only fair way to decide whether people want it or not

20 minutes ago, Luke. said:

There are definitely not enough players/gangs on the server to split warzone points into tiers. Very bad idea, sorry -1

What do you mean the existing number of warzones are split into tiers so that tier III zones give the most points. Doesn't matter on the numbe of players. Saying there isn't enough players by the way is just wrong when the server is basically almost full during warzone. I don't get where the stigma of RebornRP being dead is but it's chilidish.

1 hour ago, Jazz said:

Ok so

Issues:

Sharking, as annoying as it is, is a viable option to defend water based points. If someone is using the water to protect themselves and then pops in and out of it with a gun to shoot you have a problem. If someone is using an SDAR to shark you've just got the counter it.... it sucks I know

Lack of cover, there is a lack of cover as you want to limit the size of the mission file. Now sure adding a deerstand here or there wouldn't hurt but not all zones are meant to have easy to defend features. 

Smaller gangs can group up and target one point and keep gaining money to increase their performance. They can start recruiting to gain members to help. Realistically they probably weren't designed with the intention of small gangs making alot of money.

Blackwater's advantage in warzone, I mean, I agree. They have the best spawns all over the map and some points do favor them a lot.

Placement, it could of been better but like said many times before "Warzone in under constant review" and if the dev team deem it worthy im sure they can ask people for new locations :)

Solution:

Tiered warzones seem like a cool idea, but like ive said before warzone isn't really meant for smaller gangs. The server has alot of other features for small gangs to excel in you dont just want anyone hoping on and competing straight away.

Adding cover, maybe if zones are reworked this could happen? But most people use ifrits and qullins so cover is there in the open.

Capturing in water, not enough water points to implement something like this IMO

Boat garages, I mean it would be cool to see more boat garages generally not just for warzone.

Just my opinion though

I wasn't saying sharking is not a valid strat my point is that they shouldn't capture points. You haven't even put the effort into reading my original essay anyway so clearly you are not listening. Addings a couple DSs will not ruin the mission file. Want to know about water points, next warzone go fight ipipi their whole gang just sharks thats why last warzone nobody bothered contesting them. It's boring. BORING!

1 minute ago, OfficialZeeVo said:

What do you mean the existing number of warzones are split into tiers so that tier III zones give the most points. Doesn't matter on the numbe of players. Saying there isn't enough players by the way is just wrong when the server is basically almost full during warzone. I don't get where the stigma of RebornRP being dead is but it's chilidish.

Sure, the server is almost full, not with gangs though. You said the biggest gangs should be fighting tier 3 points and factions on tier 2 points. Ok... so you want Cypher to fight themselves whenever Sinity isn't on because they are the only big gangs i'm seeing currently.

Just now, Luke. said:

Sure, the server is almost full, not with gangs though. You said the biggest gangs should be fighting tier 3 points and factions on tier 2 points. Ok... so you want Cypher to fight themselves whenever Sinity isn't on because they are the only big gangs i'm seeing currently.

That is very biased and it's clear you haven't been online recently because some of Sinity's members have been banned so they haven't been on. My point is that the tiered warzones should encourage big gangs and factions to fight on a level playing field. New players fight new players. I'm sick of these people saying "haha so salty man get good at game". That's not a valid argument and your reasoning is dogshit. If the community is saying fix the warzone. Fix it.

If I need to make a poll I will to prove my point so these people can stop themselves.

1 hour ago, Jazz said:

Ok so

Issues:

Solution:

Just my opinion though

The server's main event is warzone taking almost an hour and you are basically limiting 60% of the player base. As a gamemode you have to make your gamemode seem appealing to all players. Tiered warzones literally hurts noboody has helps new players enjoy warzone.

3 minutes ago, OfficialZeeVo said:

That is very biased and it's clear you haven't been online recently because some of Sinity's members have been banned so they haven't been on. My point is that the tiered warzones should encourage big gangs and factions to fight on a level playing field. New players fight new players. I'm sick of these people saying "haha so salty man get good at game". That's not a valid argument and your reasoning is dogshit. If the community is saying fix the warzone. Fix it.

If I need to make a poll I will to prove my point so these people can stop themselves.

I'm in Sinity and there are multiple factors as to why they are not playing. I can tell you for certain tiered warzones wouldn't make them return.

Edited by Luke.

1 hour ago, Scott McTavish said:

I didn't say it's an exploit I said it exploits the limited physics of ArmA 3 but I am not undermining it as a strategy, I am saying people should not capture in water. It's fair. Imagine in another game if you were playing king of the hill and a player is in a barrier of water shooting at you still capturing points. It's not fun.

2 minutes ago, Luke. said:

I'm in Sinity and there are multiple factors as to why they are not playing. I can tell you for certain tiered warzones wouldn't make them return.

I don't want players to return. If people have left that is their problem. The warzone is problematic. The community wants help. The STAFF team is working on something. I am offering a solution. I just want the players ALREADY in the server to also participate in warzone.

1 hour ago, Jazz said:

Ok so

Issues:

Solution:

Just my opinion though

Why do not want everybody competing. If it is a server wide event and you are limiting 60% of the player base what does that say about the development team and their care towards player involvement.

5 minutes ago, OfficialZeeVo said:

I don't want players to return. If people have left that is their problem. The warzone is problematic. The community wants help. The STAFF team is working on something. I am offering a solution. I just want the players ALREADY in the server to also participate in warzone.

Fair enough. But I don't see who would be competing against Cypher at tier 3 zones if factions are at tier 2. Could you give some examples?

3 minutes ago, Luke. said:

Fair enough. But I don't see who would be competing against Cypher at tier 3 zones if factions are at tier 2. Could you give some examples?

I didn't say factions are only allowed at tier 2. When I think about it though it sounds like a good idea. What I was trying to say was factions could fight at both tier II and tier III zones but not tier I. An example of a gang than can counter Cypher: 5th Order, Lemonade, Battle Droids, Neanderthals, ipipi, Sinity, Vanguard. I'm fairly sure some of these gangs have even won warzone so they are definitely capable.

Edited by OfficialZeeVo

Blackwater have an advantage? our spawns get camped 24/7 and we gotta pay for gear. Police have to travel an extra 1.4 for the Warzone's (Sometimes less) and they get free gear. 

Bit clueless in my opinion