Oscar

CPU for arma

3 hours ago, Adam. said:

factually im not wrong noob

i play games and intel is better for games, 99% of the people on this forum dont need some mad multi threaded cpu they just need better fps on arma

all the new games and still arma use multiple cores at the same times. you won't find one threathed needed games at this point

unless you want to play tetris

33 minutes ago, OutSyder said:

Good shout, overhyped cs go version 2 from graphics in the 90's

yh it's stupid tbh, honestly finding it hard to find an upgrade that's actually worth it because right now me and my mates are just playing arma and valorant 

1 minute ago, OutSyder said:

only upgrade when its necassary, or its a waste of money

yh I have an i7 6700k OCed to 4.3GHz fan cooled

I have a H115i pro ready to be put in but I'm not sure if it's worth waiting until I get a new CPU or overlcocking my current 6700k further than 4.3GHz

I'm not an expert on PCs but maybe @Scott McTavish could help 

3 minutes ago, Drop said:

yh I have an i7 6700k OCed to 4.3GHz fan cooled

I have a H115i pro ready to be put in but I'm not sure if it's worth waiting until I get a new CPU or overlcocking my current 6700k further than 4.3GHz

I'm not an expert on PCs but maybe @Scott McTavish could help 

your cpu is still decent enough to keep up with the current games.

I have a 4790k 6 years old that still can keep up.

it all depens what you want do with it. gaming in higher resolution, or using it for heavier tasks.

On 5/5/2020 at 9:02 AM, Oscar said:

Hello, i am not a big pc man and would like to get some help.

Currently i have the following:

intel core i7 7700

gtx 1070

i was wondering because i would like to get an upgraded cpu, is it worth it to get the INTEL CORE i7 9700k as an upgrade?

is it going to get me better frames on arma ? i would like to hear your thoughts.

you already have a good enough CPU for arma maybe invest in a decent SSD if u havent got one

anyone got a recommend for a cpu upgrade with this setup i got?

💻Processor: Intel - Core i5-7500 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
💻Graphics Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB

my gpu seems fine for arma but its my cpu that i think is lacking big time. also wondering if i would be better off to get a new motherboard and get ryzen or just stick with intel. i also play with an ultrawide so i dont know if that effects my fps in arma or what.

On 5/19/2020 at 5:15 AM, Eoghan said:

my gpu seems fine for arma but its my cpu that i think is lacking big time. also wondering if i would be better off to get a new motherboard and get ryzen or just stick with intel. i also play with an ultrawide so i dont know if that effects my fps in arma or what.

Kaby Lake is a dead platform, and the performance bump you'll get for going for a 7700/7700K is neglieble. Either wait and see if Intels Comet Lake is a joke or not. If it is - get a RyZen 5 or 7. I am not a fanboy of either AMD or Intel, but right now RyZen is the meta, that is if Comet Lake proves to be running as hot as some leaks are telling us. The 1060 is decent for ArmA but it deffo will need an upgrade in a while if you wanna play the next big AAA-titles like Battlefield and stuff.

On 5/19/2020 at 4:15 AM, Eoghan said:

I have the same GPU, ASUS version, and an i5-9600k with an MSI Z390-A. It's on the lower end of the Z390 boards but I have still managed to overclock my CPU over 5GHZ. I have it at 4.8GHZ currently as I am pretty much always above 60fps on Arma.

The 9600k has 6 cores, just like an i7, at a fraction of the cost. The 9700k does have 8 cores but from what i've seen from the people that have it, it provides little, if no benefit for Arma.

Edited by Luke.