Oscar

CPU for arma

Hello, i am not a big pc man and would like to get some help.

Currently i have the following:

intel core i7 7700

gtx 1070

i was wondering because i would like to get an upgraded cpu, is it worth it to get the INTEL CORE i7 9700k as an upgrade?

is it going to get me better frames on arma ? i would like to hear your thoughts.

Big homie oscar, yeah thats probably the best one if wanna stick to intel if your going to overclock go with the 9700k (If you can replace it within 2 years I would overclock)

for me ive tried lots of Intel cpu's for arma and not many of them are good but once i made the switch to Ryzen it was the best decision ive made i get a great steady 70-80 fps everywhere on the server however is does dip a bit when its gangwars but you will expect that, and i use the Ryzen 9 3900x 

11 hours ago, linky said:

i got a 9700k like a week ago 60fps+ basically everywhere and i dont have it overclocked

what gpu do you have? i got a 1060 and was wondering if its worth upgrading from a i56500k to something better without upgrading my gpu

5 hours ago, linky said:

gtx 1070

1 hour ago, Eoghan said:

what gpu do you have? i got a 1060 and was wondering if its worth upgrading from a i56500k to something better without upgrading my gpu

@Harryyhas a  i7 -9700k + 2080 8gb
I have a i5-9600k  + 1060 6gb

he gets 80 fps kav square on full server, i get like 76
(i have 6 cores and harry has 8😎) (none of us overcclocked) (1920x1080 max settings)

for gaming, save urself £130 and buy the i5-9600k. just make sure u got a good cooler. i recommend https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/Hydro-Series™-PRO-RGB-Liquid-CPU-Coolers/p/CW-9060032-WW

@Oscaru nob 

Edited by Abdul_

7 minutes ago, Adam. said:

better single threaded on intel noob

Do some research before calling me a noob

While it's true single threaded generally performs better in most games the difference is minimal in price/performance.

Ryzen offers single-core performance (about 3-10% less depending on chip) a better price and has the added benefit having superior multi-threaded performance.

19 minutes ago, Scott McTavish said:

Do some research before calling me a noob

factually im not wrong noob

i play games and intel is better for games, 99% of the people on this forum dont need some mad multi threaded cpu they just need better fps on arma