Jump to content

100 - 150 ping limit


Albiston

Recommended Posts

  • Reborn Management

You have to remember people will get ping spikes/packet loss regardless of how stable their connection is.

Not everyone has low latency/highspeed connection, not everyone plays in the UK, ISP can have issues etc

You have to balance it so its fair for majority of the player base

Example

You have a 20ms connection, you suffer a 1 second spike that takes you to 151ms, you get kicked off during a full server, have to spam to get back in.

I will leave this up to @Neo or @Fuel

 

Edited by Scott McTavish
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Scott McTavish said:

You have to remember people will get ping spikes/packet loss regardless of how stable their connection is.

Not everyone has low latency/highspeed connection, not everyone plays in the UK, ISP can have issues etc

You have to balance it so its fair for majority of the player base

Example

You have a 20ms connection, you suffer a 1 second spike that takes you to 151ms, you get kicked off during a full server, have to spam to get back in.

I will leave this up to @Neo or @Fuel

 

cant u make it so if ur keeping a solid high ping it kicks u not just instantly?

Link to comment
2 hours ago, .Matthew said:

100 ping is very easy to get and prevents people from norway or the us to connect, make it 200 otherwise +1

yes you can

making it 200 will do nothing, people like dk have 150-180ms constant. Don't have anything against him but his connection is god awful.

+1 to ping limit, should cap at 150 otherwise the majority of the player base whom have stable connections are playing against these people with unstable connections are always at a disadvantage.

Edited by AJ..
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Abdullah Harees said:

-1 would like to keep playing on this server, me and many others are from abroad and get 150 ping because of how far away we live, if this happens many ppl wont be able to play

"Many people" you mean a maximum of 10 people. The vast majority of the player base have less than 100 ping. I personally get less than 20 ping, sometimes as low as 5-6ms. It's really not fair to play against people with such poor connections as it makes us with good connections severely disadvantaged.

Edited by AJ..
Link to comment
6 hours ago, AJ.. said:

"Many people" you mean a maximum of 10 people. The vast majority of the player base have less than 100 ping. I personally get less than 20 ping, sometimes as low as 5-6ms. It's really not fair to play against people with such poor connections as it makes us with good connections severely disadvantaged.

no, people for all over the world play here, americans, arabs, africans, we already get ping spikes and when we do we get kicked, applying this would make it impossible to connect and hence rip all our work.

Link to comment
17 hours ago, Abdullah Harees said:

no, people for all over the world play here, americans, arabs, africans, we already get ping spikes and when we do we get kicked, applying this would make it impossible to connect and hence rip all our work.

You're correct, people do play here from across the world but they are not the vast majority. When the server is full (130 players) <10% of the people on the server have ping over 100ms. It is not fair for 90% of the player base to have to put up with playing against crap connections. It's why games like CS:GO have a ping limit. I'm sorry but I NEVER see dk or katheeri get kicked off and they're the laggiest dudes on the server. The community is based in Europe and almost all of the playerbase is from Europe with the exception of a small minority whom as you stated are from the rest of the world. I don't think it's fair that the vast majority of the playerbase have had to become accustomed to playing against people with poor connections to the server.

Btw, just to demonstrate the kinda lag we're talking about, see these gyazos

https://gyazo.com/c2ad21f7f423faf5b434cb67c4b76b73 - Ferrox rubberbanding in his SUV, you experience the same shit when he pushes you on foot. There is no 'server lag' excuse either as you can see dynamic driving his ifrit in the gyazo and he isn't rubber banding at all.

https://gyazo.com/250a85fbfbf29403dbf4ded096babcf3 - Dk tanking 4-5 MK-I shots, any other player would instantly die. In the same scenario @Albistonalso sprayed his mag into him yet Dk just didn't die.

Edited by AJ..
Link to comment
7 hours ago, AJ.. said:

You're correct, people do play here from across the world but they are not the vast majority. When the server is full (130 players) <10% of the people on the server have ping over 100ms. It is not fair for 90% of the player base to have to put up with playing against crap connections. It's why games like CS:GO have a ping limit. I'm sorry but I NEVER see dk or katheeri get kicked off and they're the laggiest dudes on the server. The community is based in Europe and almost all of the playerbase is from Europe with the exception of a small minority whom as you stated are from the rest of the world. I don't think it's fair that the vast majority of the playerbase have had to become accustomed to playing against people with poor connections to the server.

Btw, just to demonstrate the kinda lag we're talking about, see these gyazos

https://gyazo.com/c2ad21f7f423faf5b434cb67c4b76b73 - Ferrox rubberbanding in his SUV, you experience the same shit when he pushes you on foot. There is no 'server lag' excuse either as you can see dynamic driving his qillin in the gyazo and he isn't rubber banding at all.

https://gyazo.com/250a85fbfbf29403dbf4ded096babcf3 - Dk tanking 4-5 MK-I shots, any other player would instantly die. In the same scenario @Albistonalso sprayed his mag into him yet Dk just didn't die.

i agree, but prob the ppl outside euope will feel discriminated. idk but yea if possible add something about this

Link to comment
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.