35 or 40 cop slots

Lightning

1 hour ago, Albiston said:

They are only getting filled because of coronavirus and it would be insanely overpowered.

No from command.

Maybe change it during the cornacrises?

It's not very fun waiting 20-30min to play. And the reason is that there is not enough slots.
Could go on as civ ofc, but be allowed to do very little....

OP?
Set a max limit of 30 responders to any major.

If you log on after a major has started ie fight has started then your are not allowed to join it.

Or we could always just sit and wait to join. 
Lobby is really nice after a good deal of waiting

Or police recruiting could get a bit stricter so there isn't such a massive police population

Edited by Lightning
21 minutes ago, Kev. said:

Lets face the facts cops pick up rebels mk1's and all they wanna do is frag and send people to jail as quick as possible to get back out and frag more hobos. And rebels in kav no more than what 5 max it's op 

Record them picking it up, get em gone. Can not use equipment they are not whitelisted for unless their main gun is out of rounds, aka that usually never happens.

18 minutes ago, Nick21 said:

no? -1 to op for people trying to do runs

40 slots means 1/3 people onthe server is a cop i mean than think 15 bw spots is 55/120  is whitelisted meh

So what do you suggest?
Lets keep the police players in the lobby instead? 

4 minutes ago, andrewfam. said:

For the big gangs it would be so fun fighting 40 cops.

For anyone else it would ruin it so -1.

Indeed however, this could be solved.

Get command to dish out some patrol areas for certain units when there is 30+ officers on.
No over responding, lets say max 10 officers pr "small situation". 
Some more if there is a big gang fight. Max 30 for major.

Just have to be structured correctly by command.

Just now, Jay_CCTV said:

-1 Just because 40 cops would be 1 cop per 3 civs durning a full server and that’s a little extreme

Alright then
How is it extreme?
Cops are supposed to be the backbone of any roleplay server.
Dont know if we are that now with cetain cops giving minimum RP.

As I said earlier, get command to structure it properly so we can not overrespond to sitatutions.

I think cops want to play the game as well. I atleast like to think so.
Or, remove cop restrictions as a civ... which is never gonna happen, lets be honest xD

1 minute ago, Lightning said:

Indeed however, this could be solved.

Get command to dish out some patrol areas for certain units when there is 30+ officers on.
No over responding, lets say max 10 officers pr "small situation". 
Some more if there is a big gang fight. Max 30 for major.

Just have to be structured correctly by command.

Problem is how would you tell who would go to the major crime and that goes against the cop rule that all cops must respond major crimes. Most cops are in kav the majority of the time and having 25-30 cops in kav just wouldn’t be fun time because you get in cop chase you have a whole squad on you

2 minutes ago, Jay_CCTV said:

Problem is how would you tell who would go to the major crime and that goes against the cop rule that all cops must respond major crimes. Most cops are in kav the majority of the time and having 25-30 cops in kav just wouldn’t be fun time because you get in cop chase you have a whole squad on you

Set a channel limit of 30 in major.
Only people in major channel in ts are allowed to respond.

NO MORE OFFICERS ARE ALLOWED TO JOIN IN ON THE FIGHT AFTER NEGOTIATIONS ARE OFF OR BLASTING CHARGE HAS BEEN PLACED. 

Problem solved
-Lightning 2k20

Edited by Lightning
Just now, Jay_CCTV said:

Make it so whitelisting for cop is harder to get overall and you can play cop and civ? It would increase the rp and quality of the PD rather than the mindset be “free gear”

Yupp

2 minutes ago, Kev. said:

It's op only people who want it are cops

yeah cause cops wanna play as well.......
OP. How would it be any more OP than 30 officers.

Lets face it, if there is 30 cops responding to something or 40 cops. Does not really matter. Pretty much dead either way if you are 2-3 guys with hemtt's

I'm going to lay this out the way I believe lightning intended (I apologise in advance for any incorrect grammar, I am on my phone at 2am).

Upping the slots to 40 would allow for more cops to be on at any one time which, while the server is extremely busy at the moment, and lots of us have nothing to do, would be quite a good idea. Slots can be very limited for several hours at a time at the moment so imo this is a good idea.

Obviously, due to the extra numbers, there would have to be restrictions (laid out below)

1. 30 cops maximum at any major (set by channel limit and only those in the channel may go.

2. Small operations (such as gas stations) can have a maximum of 10 responders (again can be set by channel limit in INTOP or something)

3. At least 15-20 of the cops have to patrol north of agios. This would stop the problem some people have mentioned if too many cops near kavala.

4. Be more strict on recruitment during this time. This would naturally keep slot use down slightly as there would be less frag-hungry cops.

To add to that last point, the entire reason for the police is to be a roleplay faction. Yes, we have TFU who are meant to be more firefight focused, but I think as a whole (and not just at the moment) the police doesn't have that many people prioritising roleplay. Command (and even academy testing) being stricter on this would imo fix this issue entirely. 

Just my point of view, if you disagree, I'd be more than happy to discuss it.

Cheers guys 😃

6 hours ago, Lightning said:

Set a max limit of 30 responders to any major.

20 spar16 pushing barracks 😂😒

If you log on after a major has started ie fight has started then your are not allowed to join it.

when coppers is fine with being combat revived and rejoining, there is no chance this would be respected.

Or we could always just sit and wait to join. 
Lobby is really nice after a good deal of waiting

Or police recruiting could get a bit stricter so there isn't such a massive police population

congratulations you have won a +1

Edited by AndrewS