Server always full

Crosseye

I remember when the server was on 30 people a day, now its rammed and filled 120/120 everyday and i really struggle to get in around 2pm to midnight. As this is an awesome achievement im still wondering if the player size will be increased to meet the demand as im really struggling to get on now. Not a dig at the owners or anything and a bigger server costs more money so i fully understand that im just suggesting this as im struggling to get on more and more, and yes i should be revising for my exams instead of suggesting stuff on the forums, ow well im gonna fail them anyway...

Edited by Crosseye

Maybe a second server isn't the answer. Bring the player count up may be the answer. Providing the Dedi can handle the strain. With 64bit around the corner, we think that a standard A-DAS Dedicated box should be able to hold up with upwards of 130 players on it. We are currently working on a new database build that is being tested on the latest Dev branch of A3Server and A3 its self. If all goes well, the database will be able to sync players on a server with up to 200 people on it, no problem. But the database isn't the biggest problem. It depends on the box that the community is using. Back when i worked at an un-named community as a CM (where PSI plays a lot) we spend a lot of money on three dedis, two for games, and one of services such as TS, websites, php staff pannels and A3sync.

right the dedi that we currently have is not even close to being utilised fully, 64gb ram etc etc, 32bit just does not utilise it, putting the player count higher hits the borders of the arma engine not the server, as we are still relatively new community we are still going through everything removing un optimised code from tonics stuff, so if we put the players higher it will just screw everyone over, We have a server 2 ready, but would it be advisable currently no, it would be full of people just playing there to make quick money, there is no rp value in it, so for now it will stay down, the plan is to get the engine over to the 64 bit version when fully released, get the server into a good place them server 2 can be released.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Suffers from immense mass kicks though, has a lot of memory issues I hear

Yeah I can imagine it does. Reborn one is the smoothest one I've ever played on to be fair and I've never had any problems like I have with other servers. And yep can't wait for the 64 bit it's about time! And looking forward to 64 bit and the 2nd server with reborn