Sign in to follow this  
crazed

tourniquet

remove the script for when police tourniquet you and you cant respawn. make it so if they tourniquet you, they have to roleplay instead of sitting there for half an hour wasting your time. its so shit when your mid gunfight with police and cops run up to tourniquet you and camp next to your body until the medic arrives, most of the time the combats still going on and they just sit there camping your body

Edited by Scott McTavish

-1 Won't make a difference.

People will always break rules and will just suicide, saying:

"Didn't hear you"

"You didn't say anything"

"You weren't done with the tourniquet"

"Couldn't see you, my vision is blurry"

It is in place for a reason, beforehand cops would never be able to arrest after downing . As MK said it would be better to make cops interact with the downed. I’m sure police would be happy to add a police rule to prevent it as it is poor RP

In real life police wouldn't stop in a gunfight to provide first aid to a suspect, slam him in handcuffs sure. but the first aid will first be deal with as soon as the area is safe. same should apply here, as hartleo said a mere police rule would do the trick

you get a +1 for the roleplaying with you if they do it

-1 for removing it as it opens too much room for abuse

On 3/26/2020 at 1:39 AM, M-K said:

Alternatively, implement something that forces police officers to interact with the dead?

For example the dead man can press CTRL S to force out the tourniquet and the cop has X amount of seconds to respond to stop him.

sometimes police tourniquet people and leave them there for a period of time while they go off and continue fighting, how about if they added where police or whoever tourniqueted has to stay at least 100m near the player and if they go further than that they can suicide, this could also help where police tourniquet people and forget about them and leave the area leaving the player stuck with no one around 

On 3/30/2020 at 10:23 PM, Void said:

sometimes police tourniquet people and leave them there for a period of time while they go off and continue fighting, how about if they added where police or whoever tourniqueted has to stay at least 100m near the player and if they go further than that they can suicide, this could also help where police tourniquet people and forget about them and leave the area leaving the player stuck with no one around 

If this was an option I'd say 50 metres, because that's where audible VOIP range stops.

15 minutes ago, M-K said:

If this was an option I'd say 50 metres, because that's where audible VOIP range stops.

50 meters sounds good then, i wasn't actually aware of that and just said 100 as a rough idea but 50 makes a lot more sense 

i like the idea but there is no way they will remove it though, and it seriously puts gangs off of fighting police and doing hostage ops, the first thing cops say when you die is your being touiquetted and restrained, irrigardless of what is going on around them the go straight for you its wank. i think it should be more strict and you have to have the officers dead close to you as how can they give medical roleplay from the top of a DMT to the 1st floor?

i love it that you can tourniquet downed people after a gun fight, hostage situation gone bad, bank or gas station robbery going wrong.  It gives the bad guy some extra punishment he needs to wait to be revived by the medic, gets put in a car got gets his rights read and offcourse the charges will be discussed what he/she did wrong.  So the next time he will think hopefully two times before doing something stupid. 

You also talk about cops restraining while  a cop can get tourniqueted 2 most of the times i cant see any roleplay its strip weapons and get instant shot.   i remember 3 days ago someone tourniqueted me  and another gang came also they all died and the person forgot about me it's annoying so a 50 meter limit should be sufficient that restraints are gone in 5 minutes  and if he leaves 50m area he get a notice that the tourniquet is failing