hazza

fps improvements

I literally don't give a fuck what is removed as long as the fps or the optimisation of the server as a whole improves as my mk1 sounds like I'm shooting a cyrus but only on this server. I like this server and I like the economy and other feautures about it but I really dislike the lagginess and I think if it was more optimised it would be greatly improved as a whole

Objects don't cause leg unless their is hundreds of them in a small area = already been optimised several times to reduce object count

Remove grass = doesn't do shit for fps

Some servers will get better fps than us, some servers will get less, that's just the way it is

Devs will always try to improve optimisations but these fix FPS suggestions are useless, there isn't a magic wand we can just wave and increase your FPS

Edited by Scott McTavish

10 minutes ago, Scott McTavish said:

Objects don't cause leg unless their is hundreds of them in a small area = already been optimised several times to reduce object count

Some servers will get better fps than us, some servers will get less, that's just the way it is

Devs will always try to improve optimisations but these fix FPS suggestions are useless, there isn't a magic wand we can just wave and increase your FPS

I understand mate. But if there is anything u can do at all please try it

1 hour ago, Scott McTavish said:

just add the remove grass option, u never know untill we actually try it out like...

1 hour ago, AndrewS said:

If im not mistaking, you guys are using the old framework, which has "wank fps", i know its alot of work, but a new framework is the safest bet

Sure let's start from scratch and spend the next 3-6 months flat out making a new framework, in 2020 btw. 🙄

Going to reiterate what Fuel said elsewhere on Discord

Outside of mayhem fps is good, the moment you have 20 vehicles with 20 people and spoke everywhere plus lots of shooting = shit fps that’s just arma, we have better FPS than most servers and some will have better fps than us that’s how it is and how it will stay, not a lot we can do about it without starting from scratch and writing a new framework, and that’s not happening in 2020

Some aspects of our code will be re-written and if we see things that can be optimised we will same as we always have done

But there is no “fix fps” as it’s not broken

So people stop making fix fps suggestions, just going to insta deny them from now on.

Denied

Edited by Scott McTavish