Co-pilot to keep engine on

Can we get a rule to stop this its extremely annoying and quite frankly i think its being abused by people when they land sit in co pilot and keep the engine running its making it easier that when they are interacted with police/rebels they can jump straight into the chopper and can fly away safe and sound

2 minutes ago, Denti The End Game Champ said:

Can we get a rule to stop this its extremely annoying and quite frankly i think its being abused by people when they land sit in co pilot and keep the engine running its making it easier that when they are interacted with police/rebels they can jump straight into the chopper and can fly away safe and sound

It's something that could realistically be done IRL, it's not a problem imo.

Just now, Denti The End Game Champ said:

but when people aren't talking/rp to anyone and just jump into the heli and fly off at any sign of police/rebels it is causing a problem

So a better alternative is to stay and have combat? Realistically if you're doing a run in a heli you probably cba for RP which is understandable - not everyone wants 24/7 RP. It's something that everyone can do and again, I don't see it as a problem

2 minutes ago, Incognito said:

So a better alternative is to stay and have combat? Realistically if you're doing a run in a heli you probably cba for RP which is understandable - not everyone wants 24/7 RP. It's something that everyone can do and again, I don't see it as a problem

you dont have to have combat you would be surprised what happens when you talk with them, i do them in helis because its easier not because i dont want to rp with people,

if you dont want to rp people simply dont log on to the server or go to the redzone you cant come on to an rp server and not be in the mood to rp

2 hours ago, Liam Joseph said:

There are high caliber weapons for a reason, I have done this multiple times and have been robbed and killed by using this technique. It isn't impossible to rob someone or kill someone if they do this.

I understand it might be easy for syndicate/rebels to get 7.62, but the majority of the police force does not even have a decent 6.5 calibre and on top of the fact that it is only about 10% of the police who can use 7.62. We also have the issue with initiating, because in order to stop someone you have to be very harsh with the initiation which in most cases makes it so they will complain.

2 hours ago, Denti The End Game Champ said:

you dont have to have combat you would be surprised what happens when you talk with them, i do them in helis because its easier not because i dont want to rp with people,

if you dont want to rp people simply dont log on to the server or go to the redzone you cant come on to an rp server and not be in the mood to rp

Realistically though, your mindset isn't as common as you clearly think. Yes this is an RP server, yes people should prioritise RP but people (Which we are as players, btw) are allowed to not be in the mood for one thing and in the mood for another. IE, people want to log on and make money and avoid combat and rp.

I'm pretty sure @Neo said this in the Team Lounge yesterday but he'll have to confirm it :

He said that you are allowed to leave your engine on but if someone makes a reasonable attempt to initiate and you don't hear it, it's your fault for having your engine on and your earplugs out. Of course the person initiating should provide evidence of the initiation if need be.

1 hour ago, Freddie said:

I understand it might be easy for syndicate/rebels to get 7.62, but the majority of the police force does not even have a decent 6.5 calibre and on top of the fact that it is only about 10% of the police who can use 7.62. We also have the issue with initiating, because in order to stop someone you have to be very harsh with the initiation which in most cases makes it so they will complain.

You have a ghost hawk for a reason don't you? And if there isn't any high ranking cops, value your life and don't go and stop a bunch of rebels with better guns than you.

36 minutes ago, Liam Joseph said:

You have a ghost hawk for a reason don't you? And if there isn't any high ranking cops, value your life and don't go and stop a bunch of rebels with better guns than you.

Let me break it down for you...

1. If we were to pull a ghost hawk everytime we see a helicopter doing a run it would be out all the time and trust me you would all be crying about it.

2. This was not an argument about valuing your life... How does someone having a better gun stop me from trying to arrest them?

3. The entire cops force actions should not be depending on rather or not we got a really high ranking officer on.

5 hours ago, Denti The End Game Champ said:

but when people aren't talking/rp to anyone and just jump into the heli and fly off at any sign of police/rebels it is causing a problem

This is the most valid point in the whole discussion, Leaving your heli's on and refusing to roleplay really does get on my nerves.

I understand its a tactic to get away but doing so denies anybody the chance to roleplay while your heli is spoiled up as nobody can hear anything.

The part that is annoying me the most is that people are leaving their helis spoiled up purely so in their dispute/report they can say that they didn't hear anything.

3 hours ago, WolfE said:

I'm pretty sure @Neo said this in the Team Lounge yesterday but he'll have to confirm it :

He said that you are allowed to leave your engine on but if someone makes a reasonable attempt to initiate and you don't hear it, it's your fault for having your engine on and your earplugs out. Of course the person initiating should provide evidence of the initiation if need be.

near enough spot on.

By leaving engines on you're denying RP, so when it gets you killed its your own fault.

It's better to keep the engine on to be honest. Most of the time it's rebels who come up to you, tell you to put your hands up then cut or chop your helicopter. Having a better way to escape like this engine tactic is beneficial in these situations as it takes quite a while to get money for a decent helicopter to then have it gone forever. Why would i risk such a thing when i can just simply fly off? At the end of the day i wont risk staying when i have such an easy way to escape. In a real situation when you see cops you wouldn't want to stay and talk, you'd get the heck outta there as fast as you possibly can, and if you end up getting shot like i have, that's the consequence.

9 minutes ago, Liam Joseph said:

Having a better way to escape like this engine tactic is beneficial in these situations as it takes quite a while to get money for a decent helicopter to then have it gone forever.

It does not take quite a while to get money for a helicopter. How much is it for a mohawk again? 1.5 mil?

From what I have heard you earn between 500k - 1m pr. run in a mohawk and the run only takes 15mins.

2 minutes ago, Freddie said:

It does not take quite a while to get money for a helicopter. How much is it for a mohawk again? 1.5 mil?

From what I have heard you earn between 500k - 1m pr. run in a mohawk and the run only takes 15mins.

I'm speaking on behalf of everyone, not just myself. I don't believe everyone has enough money to keep buying helicopter's and not everyone has a mohawk and better helis.

Edited by Liam Joseph
More stuff
1 minute ago, Liam Joseph said:

I'm speaking on behalf of everyone, not just myself. I don't believe everyone has enough money to keep buying helicopter's

Well, your argument about it being hard to make money is invalid... Currently, it is incredibly easy to make money. You have to complete 1.5 successful runs in order to be in profit from there on every run you do is straight up profit. Considering a run only takes about 15 mins in a helicopter. It will take someone 30 mins max to make their money back.