Sign in to follow this  
JohnMcGuinness

Pc upgrades

15 hours ago, OutSyder said:

go AMD. it's new and better than the outdated intel cpu's.

AMD is killing intel at this moment and intel probaly need a few years to compete again.

I mean gaming wise Intel > AMD

09bee0eed544603b12913d465823cfb8.png

7c4afc997d4dbd139f4631e7b7621317.png

And in gaming AMD still struggling even though intel is going off old technology which says a lot

Anyways would suggest the i5-9600k as its very cheap atm and overclocking performance is good.

Edited by Sloth

Who actually buys a PC specifically for gaming and just gaming

3 hours ago, Sloth said:

I mean gaming wise Intel > AMD

And in gaming AMD still struggling even though intel is going off old technology which says a lot

Anyways would suggest the i5-9600k as its very cheap atm and overclocking performance is good.

Struggling? The 3950x has less than 10% FPS on average compared to the 9900k

Both are overkill for gaming anyways

If you want a CPU for ONLY gaming and nothing else get a 9700k and OC

If you want a CPU for gaming, streaming, video rendering, multitasking, basically gaming + anything else then get a 3800x

Edited by Scott McTavish

48 minutes ago, Scott McTavish said:

Struggling? The 3950x has less than 10% FPS on average compared to the 9900k

For almost double the price compared to the 9900k, and can do everything the 3950x can but a bit worse when it comes to rendering and High cpu usage-cpu core tasks, for gaming intel will always be better.

Edited by Sloth

10 minutes ago, Sloth said:

For almost double the price compared to the 9900k, and can do everything the 3950x can but a bit worse when it comes to rendering and High cpu usage-cpu core tasks, for gaming intel will always be better.

The Ryzen 5 3600X is almost half the price of the 9900k and is only around 10 FPS worse off (which is barely noticeable)

Intel isn't always the best for gaming hands down.

Price/Budget/Performance always comes into consideration

51 minutes ago, Scott McTavish said:

The Ryzen 5 3600X is almost half the price of the 9900k and is only around 10 FPS worse off (which is barely noticeable)

In that case the i5-9600k is better than the 3600x and cheaper.Only reason you would want to fully go with AMD is if you don’t want to change mobo every cpu upgrade.

AMD is slowly catching up and intel is surely noticing that so the 11th gen cpus will most likely be godly.

Edited by Sloth

On 1/6/2020 at 4:31 PM, Sloth said:

In that case the i5-9600k is better than the 3600x and cheaper.Only reason you would want to fully go with AMD is if you don’t want to change mobo every cpu upgrade.

AMD is slowly catching up and intel is surely noticing that so the 11th gen cpus will most likely be godly.

Sloth stfu , yours pc is a box with some wires in it