Sign in to follow this  
Matty.

Upgrade on CPU

Looking to upgrade my CPU to something better already ordering a new GPU and all the other shit, but need a better CPU any suggestions, price range for the cpu is about £300

Edited by Matty.

Do you want to advertise here? Have a youtube channel you're looking to promote? even your gang page? Contact Neo on Discord or email us
4 minutes ago, Scott McTavish said:

Before you buy it message the seller and ask if the BIOS is updated for 3rd Gen Ryzen

Also AMD Ryzen 7 3700X is the best CPU for your budget

is there a big difference between the 3700x and the 2700x ?

Amd has better performance for the price but they re lifespan performing well is wayy lower than intel. They are like a Chinese turbo they are cheap and good but they won’t last as much as one from a good brand

1 hour ago, Tuga said:

Amd has better performance for the price but they re lifespan performing well is wayy lower than intel. They are like a Chinese turbo they are cheap and good but they won’t last as much as one from a good brand

Laughing at this statement, AMD is a good brand, you just sound like a typical Intel fanboy.

At the end of the day people will choose based on budget and performance

AMD and Intel will last 5 years + and 99% of people who have consumer grade builds don't pick parts to last for 10 years.

Edited by Scott McTavish

2 hours ago, Scott McTavish said:

Laughing at this statement, AMD is a good brand, you just sound like a typical Intel fanboy.

AMD and Intel will last 5 years + and 99% of people who have consumer grade builds don't pick parts to last for 10 years.

true

16 hours ago, Scott McTavish said:

Ah speaking for me I’m not buying a 2k pc for it last like 5 years. Maybe some ppl are but yeah. Anyway if you want more performance for the money amd is better

Edited by Tuga

58 minutes ago, Tuga said:

Ah speaking for me I’m not buying a 2k pc for it last like 5 years. Maybe some ppl are but yeah. Anyway if you want more performance for the money amd is better

Yeah but it's not like an AMD CPU is gonna stop working after 5 years

Everything is subjective in terms of gaming pc builds.

A 2k PC will run most games at the highest settings now but in 4/5 years will struggle to run next gen games at lower setting's or even meet minimum specs at all

I would recommend i5 9600k, its £200 and a decent air cooler will cost you 50£ for this you get really good frames on arma on ultra everything i get 60+ mostly everywhere at 5ghz