Steam ID:

Date of ban:

03/02/17

Staff member that banned you:

PaulS

Reason for ban:

RDM

Why do you think you were banned:

I was banned because I shot someone out of a Hatchback who I was not initiated on.

Do you believe your ban was unjustified, if so explain why:

Yes. The video provided was 2 minutes long and added little to no context to the actual situation whatsoever. The situation was that myself and Allah's Messengers were fighting with APC and Syndicate to get 2 gold trucks in an event when we ended up being initiated with Interlude. The fight had literally just passed through Agios when I killed Raaid from the bottom floor of my building and then pushed to the top, at this point I could hear a Hatchback driving around and to me it sounded like it was driving up and down the road and so I assumed it was scouting - And then I shot and killed Macca who I Was not initiated on. The point being that I did not intend to RDM Macca and had he not been driving around knowingly in an active fight, I wouldn't have. If you listen to his video, he or his friend asks whether they should lockpick the hunter or the prowler first, these vehicles had literally just been a part of an active fight and they knew that. On top of all this, Macca drove past me when I shot raaid and the shot is very audible.

If you believe your ban was justified why should you be unbanned:

N/A

Where there any extenuating circumstances that contributed to your ban:

N/A

Please confirm you've read & understood the rules

Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe

Yes

This is the only Evidence I have (Here you can see the hunter I was talking about and you can see that I had just killed Raaid, this should correlate with what I'm saying^):

c54f59c55f92edf5b30f64af1f101934.jpg

Edited by Incognito

After hearing me kill Raaid, he still goes to the market and gets his lockpicks before leaving the area. Alongside this, I didn't actually see the vehicle(Or Macca when he was in the shop and clearly unnarmed) until I came to the balcony and shot him. What I heard was a hatchback going back and forth, there was both Civ and TFU Hatchbacks involved in this fight so I thought that I was in the right by shooting this guy. By no means did I intend to RDM anyone.

We actually agreed on TeamSpeak that the report would be posted so that we could get an opinion from a staff member and then we could agree comp or whatever it was that would be needed - But when I came on to see the report sop that I could comment, I'd already been banned.

Edited by Incognito

8 minutes ago, Incognito said:

We actually agreed on TeamSpeak that the report would be posted so that we could get an opinion from a staff member and then we could agree comp or whatever it was that would be needed - But when I came on to see the report sop that I could comment, I'd already been banned.

That's not how it works, once a report is posted, unless the reporter withdraws it, action is either taken or not taken. If you both argeed to that, then you should have had a support/admin sit in you with a channel.

43 minutes ago, Thesoldier said:

That's not how it works, once a report is posted, unless the reporter withdraws it, action is either taken or not taken. If you both argeed to that, then you should have had a support/admin sit in you with a channel.

Fair enough, I'm not really used to being reported here so I wasn't aware of how you handled things. Where I came from there was time given on the report to explain both sides, but if that's how it works here then I'll take that into account. Nontheless, I still feel that I'm in the right because of the fact that they were aware of the combat in the area - If not then I'll just have to accept the ban.

Edited by Incognito

In the end it all fell down too this:

7.5 If you are driving around or running around in the middle of a gunfight, ie spotting police or rebels, if you get killed this is not RDM, this does not mean you can just shoot anyone in the area, if a gunfight is ongoing ie there is actual shooting you need to make an attempt to leave, if they are not leaving you can shoot them, if you do not want to die, leave the area (value your life).

He then heard shots and was trying to leave. In the future if they haven't been initiated on, and you aren't sure of their intentions hold your fire.

I will issue a unban, but in the future you need to resolve it with the player before a report is put up. If you want an opinion ask for a support/staff member to review it as part of resolution.