Cop Baiting

PeterR

Dear @Fuel and @Neo

As we all know this server is a server of role-play where you be whoever you want whether it be an African drug lord or a apple picker the range is enormous. I chose a career path that is loved by some and hated by other. My career was within the police. Now we all know that this server is role-play based and the cops are a big feature of this server and are one of the main role-play factions. The police were implemented so that role-play would be more frequent and better in standard. It would be horrible if everyone was going around shooting each other all of the time and no one was getting decent quality role-play.... Right?. Well at this time this is exactly what is happening on the server. Rebel gangs are going around initiating on the cops just for the sake of combat. Or doing illegal stuff in order to get cops to initiate (cop baiting). This is not a rule on the server but is one of the current problems occurring. It seems that the role-play standard is decreasing and the frequency of role-play is less. I would like to urge you to implement this as a rule where people may not cop bait as it ruins role-play. I am sure most of staff can agree and certainly the police force will agree.

Sincerely Delta

1 minute ago, Sonny Asif said:

Yes I agree with this to some extent, but just because you are a member of the police force does not mean you have a halo around your head.

I see just as much baiting from the cop side as the rebel side. Granted baiting from both sides is wrong, but it is military sim game, and sometimes when things get boring and stale people go out their way for combat. This card gets pulled more than any

True. I understand and full agree with you but also this is a role-play server and if people are really feeling the need for combat would they not consider using the KOTH or TDM servers for example?

Delta, you have to remember what game you are playing on. People don't play Arma 3 (A combat simulator) expecting no combat, and when they go long periods without combat they get bored, and so they find ways to get into combat. I've only seen a handful of cop baiting situations on my time on the server, unlike what you've said which seems like you're blowing the situation WAY out of proportions to what it actually is. If you don't like getting into combat situations on a combat game, then sit in the greenzone and roleplay to your hearts content. I feel there is no need for a rule completely banning all types of baiting, just the stupid ones, like dispatching police and robbing them when they arrive.

Just now, JustBorris said:

@Kaliber We are not complaining about getting into combat situations, but its the stupid baiting with a ifrit pulls up into the police station driving around beeping to lead us into their whole gang is a joke. Because as soon as you jump out the car you dont have a chance to say anything.

Here's a fix, don't be stupid and take the bait if its that obvious..

3 minutes ago, Kaliber said:

Delta, you have to remember what game you are playing on. People don't play Arma 3 (A combat simulator) expecting no combat, and when they go long periods without combat they get bored, and so they find ways to get into combat. I've only seen a handful of cop baiting situations on my time on the server, unlike what you've said which seems like you're blowing the situation WAY out of proportions to what it actually is. If you don't like getting into combat situations on a combat game, then sit in the greenzone and roleplay to your hearts content. I feel there is no need for a rule completely banning all types of baiting, just the stupid ones, like dispatching police and robbing them when they arrive.

I'm not saying that combat is a bad thing, that is taking it out of context we are going back to the fact where rebels purposefully bait cops for combat ruining role-play also greenzones are not the best place for role-play as there is not as many scenarios to get into. Also bearing in mind it is just an opinion and suggestion. Not trying to start drama

26 minutes ago, Delta said:

It would be horrible if everyone was going around shooting each other all of the time

2 minutes ago, Delta said:

I'm not saying that combat is a bad thing

?

Just now, JustBorris said:

Well how am i meant to know that its a bait straight away? If there is one guy in the ifrit im not going to let him go away am i? How could i possible know he has friends set up right outside the police station in buildings.

Use common sense. What random hobo is going to drive upto a police station with an MRAP on his own? Maybe try speak to him in the bluezone where its safe to RP?

Like Fuel has said, actual baiting is just a tactic.

If you can see that rebels are obviously baiting, then just don't be a fish... drive back into Kavala or where-ever and ignore them. They'll eventually get bored.

Baiting is not really a problem, what is a problem is gangs initiating on other people just for a gunfight, quite a few times i have got into a fight and won, then looked at why I was initiated on when the opposite side had nothing to gain and a lot to lose. I Don't mind combat on the server but when you look back on some situations where initiation occurred for no reason, seems a bit poor at the best of times.

23 hours ago, Delta said:

Dear @Fuel and @Neo

As we all know this server is a server of role-play where you be whoever you want whether it be an African drug lord or a apple picker the range is enormous. I chose a career path that is loved by some and hated by other. My career was within the police. Now we all know that this server is role-play based and the cops are a big feature of this server and are one of the main role-play factions. The police were implemented so that role-play would be more frequent and better in standard. It would be horrible if everyone was going around shooting each other all of the time and no one was getting decent quality role-play.... Right?. Well at this time this is exactly what is happening on the server. Rebel gangs are going around initiating on the cops just for the sake of combat. Or doing illegal stuff in order to get cops to initiate (cop baiting). This is not a rule on the server but is one of the current problems occurring. It seems that the role-play standard is decreasing and the frequency of role-play is less. I would like to urge you to implement this as a rule where people may not cop bait as it ruins role-play. I am sure most of staff can agree and certainly the police force will agree.

Sincerely Delta

I'm allowed to do runs whenever I want and any person can aswell that is not cop baiting. (People need to make money.) I think you're blowing it out of proportion that rebels are just driving round in ifrits asking for initiation.

You have to remember that this is Arma3, a combat-war simulator people are always going to want combat and obviously roleplay too. I've played altis life servers since the day they came out, and it hasn't changed people, and I don't think it ever will.