The Syndicate are pointless!

Yep! You read the title right.

The Syndicate are indeed pointless... to some extent of course.

I have found an issue and I feel that it can be easily fixed. People come to our borders, fight with us, border jump, break our rules and disrespect us on a daily basis... but why?

The Syndicate are here to (rp with you) sell you guns, clothing items and other miscellaneous stuff at a discounted price and to make a slight bit of profit for ourselves whilst helping out the island, whether that be police, civilians or other rebel gangs. We are not here to be the best at gun fights. We are not here to be disrespected, spat on, baited into our own deaths by people that show no value of their own life (running up our towers and ignoring our warnings, only to be shot by us just so their gang can open fire 500, 600 maybe 700 metres away...)

So... why do people do it?

Well, that's an obvious... they can kill us and make us hate them as much as they want... and they still are able to use all of our services without our permission or acknowledgement... just because they can and will beat us in a gun fight.

Your gang reputation with us means fuck all, really... and so we are pointless.

So I propose an idea.

There should be a system where our drug dealer should only give 50% of what kavala does and our processors should process at 50% of that what other processors do.

This way, people can kill us and shit... but they are gaining nothing from it... they are losing out...

However!!!!!

eureka-moment-clipart-1.jpg

If someone was nice to us, follows our border rules, didn't jump borders and gained a good reputation with us (such as making their gang known with us, perhaps rp'ng with us regularly or giving us our 10% cut plus a bit of extra as a kind gift) we should have the ability to make our drug dealer (through a scroll wheel option) sell at what it does now... 150% or whatever it is. Or we would be able to return the processing speeds back to the original fast speeds.

I don't feel like this would "FORCE" interaction as people can just have it the hard way if they want... but at the end of the day, it makes us poor syndicate members actually mean something... we have a roll, a job and we are then able to make certain gangs loved and others hated... but at least if we blacklist a gang from our zone, we know not to up the prices or the speeds...

People actually have to roleplay with us, make us their friends and ensure that we keep them on their good side...

This will, in turn, stop the constant baiting, gun fights and other shit we have to deal with.

Sorry it's a long one, I hope I made it at least a bit interesting with my clipart, but I feel that there is something we could do to actually make ourselves MEAN something, instead of us being sitting ducks at our border... and a gang knowing that we cant do shit against them so they don't give a crap whether they are on our good side or bad side, as they will use our services whether we like it or not.

Thanks for reading. Constructive criticism or alternative ideas are welcome.

Edited by Guest

Another idea would be having an adaptation of something I am working on for a personal project, in being that there is an area on your land called purifiers, you take drugs that have already been processed like meth and cocaine, and they are processed on those lands. This could be done where the mafia grants you access to their lands, and give you the training and permission to use purifiers. This would allow them to roleplay with people, and grant people a reason to come there. This may deter groups from doing nothing other than being involved in shooty shooty and could be a way to make more money.

64bb9601de4a50c5ab8341f04f7a8a76.png589207bb581554d97295e9d9553e1f77.png1b129084f01334bfbba96450cd6fefd4.png

For example

Edited by Lewis

i think just taking the military towers away could reduce the amount of pathetic and pointless and forced shootouts we have

but i've noticed that the prefered method of doing drugs are now in choppers we are virtually powerless to make them land at or near the border to talk to us, so perhaps a nerf to chopper drug runs? Because i must have seen 1 truck do a drgun run in our lands yesterday but i saw countless orcas/littlebirds doing drugs and happily skipping the border by just flying past

Just now, Denti The End Game Champ said:

i think just taking the military towers away could reduce the amount of pathetic and pointless and forced shootouts we have

but i've noticed that the prefered method of doing drugs are now in choppers we are virtually powerless to make them land at or near the border to talk to us, so perhaps a nerf to chopper drug runs? Because i must have seen 1 truck do a drgun run in our lands yesterday but i saw countless orcas/littlebirds doing drugs and happily skipping the border by just flying past

An easy way of doing this would be to lower helicopter carry weights

Just now, Lewis said:

An easy way of doing this would be to lower helicopter carry weights

i would happily accept that its just too easy to do a drug run now with the armoured tank of a chopper that is the orca

dont get me wrong its always nice when we do get people fly in and chat with us at the border but it happens so rarely now that im just expecting the ones that do to give us some piss poor initiation and i suddenly die

9 minutes ago, Denti The End Game Champ said:

i would happily accept that its just too easy to do a drug run now with the armoured tank of a chopper that is the orca

dont get me wrong its always nice when we do get people fly in and chat with us at the border but it happens so rarely now that im just expecting the ones that do to give us some piss poor initiation and i suddenly die

I think for bigger heli's like Mohawk/Huron the capacity should stay the same, but for Orcas, they need to be lowered a lot

13 minutes ago, PJ- said:

Is this your opinion or the opinion off the syndicate?

I think a few of the members of the syndicate agree with what I have said, but I wrote this myself and is my view of it all

I like this idea.

I remember from back in the days, other places were I've been involved with Whitelisted rebel factions they have always had some perk that any rebel gang would love to be a part of.
And to be able to do so, its RP that will decide.

Even if that is by being the people to contact if you need someone kidnapped, you need some firearms and don't own the needed license, or that you need to sell your drugs in a safer environment.

The RP these faction provide should be key for everything, and what you suggest is a good idea, even if its done exactly like that or if its possible to work something around it.

So let me get this straight you want me to do the following:

1. Drug dealer has a default price of 50%.

2. Have a dealer just the the Syndicate that is at 150%. (so people have to actually RP with syndicate to get them to use it)

3. The purifier thing I could do in about 30 seconds its just a new V Item and a multi processor.

If this stuff is what you want speak to the Syndicate command and I will make it so.

5 hours ago, Fuel said:

2. Have a dealer just the the Syndicate that is at 150%. (so people have to actually RP with syndicate to get them to use it)

3. The purifier thing I could do in about 30 seconds its just a new V Item and a multi processor.

If this stuff is what you want speak to the Syndicate command and I will make it so.

I will speak to the Syndicate command about these 3 points that you have wrote and see if this is something we want set it stone...

It would be a lot better for us. However, whats your opinion on it, Fuel? Do you think this would take the syndicate in the right direction?

This will make it so people have to build relations with us, etc so they can have access to our services, instead of them taking it by force as they do now whether we like it or not.

(also I'm not too sure what this purifier thing is, but if it's something you want to implement server wide that would be a cool thing I guess? :P)
Thanks!

Edited by Guest
5 hours ago, Fuel said:

Me like and just so u guys know the reason why we havnt been as active these days is because we carnt do our job. All we ever get is leave the area or you will be shot while running up a tower so we get board of it. i dont need to name any gangs here you know who you are and to be honest if you guys do it again ill just delete the tower your in while your in it

3 minutes ago, Milo said:

Me like and just so u guys know the reason why we havnt been as active these days is because we carnt do our job. All we ever get is leave the area or you will be shot while running up a tower so we get board of it. i dont need to name any gangs here you know who you are and to be honest if you guys do it again ill just delete the tower your in while your in it

Quite so. Couldn't have explained it better really.

I feel like these changes would seriously get not only the syndicate to be more meaningful and have a reason behind us, but would also increase our game activity and enjoyment.

At the moment, it is just not fun when we are killed so many times each day and the gangs who are doing it know they can because these is no punishment for them in terms of our land and what we can restrict them with

Edited by Guest
2 minutes ago, Neo said:

tbh, syndicate defined themselves and put themselves where they are.... if they're pointless you should really have spoken to them about it, and then they could plan their way forwards...

The whole, "Pointless" thing was more so a clickbait title.

Please read the post, Neo D:

The Syndicate is not a gang that is built around combat, plus - half of us are potatoes.

If you change the way we operate, we really could bounce back a lot more and have something unique

Edited by Guest

@Fuel @Jamz

I think the idea of a controllable drug dealer is good and will make people want to RP with us and stop at the boarder and if could be put in the sever would be great.

Slowing the processor speed seams like a bad idea to me. It means you are there for twice the amount of time increasing the risk of being robbed and slowing down a run.

i think the thing that affects us the most is the helis being the best way to do any runs. We see helis skipping the boarder constantly and thats the ones that dont care about showing us they skipped. I bet just as many fly north or south of the boarder to avoid any detection. Seeing a convoy of trucks is close to never. Remove virtual storage for an heli that isnt endgame cost, if u ask me. Police get to stop trucks, we get to actually talk to our visitors instead of chasing them around the island in a pointless heli dance and doing a run will have some risk involved instead of holding shift 2 clicks into the air.

Removeing the towers in our border would also make it a lot harder for minimal RP initiation that happens more often than not.

With all this being said, People still like to have fire fights. Including us Synd Members. Whats to stop a gang just kidnapping one of us and forcing us to change the dealer!!!!!

8 minutes ago, Sycorax said:

Remove virtual storage for an heli that isnt endgame cost, if u ask me.

Gold idea.

8 minutes ago, Sycorax said:

Police get to stop trucks, we get to actually talk to our visitors instead of chasing them around the island in a pointless heli dance and doing a run will have some risk involved instead of holding shift 2 clicks into the air.

This will be beneficial to police and us just like you say. People will have to interact :D

9 minutes ago, Sycorax said:

Removeing the towers in our border would also make it a lot harder for minimal RP initiation that happens more often than not.

Hate that f**king tower lol

25 minutes ago, Sycorax said:

Police get to stop trucks,

Honestly mate even as cops all we see now is helis doing thorium runs constantly, there isn't much we can do either as they leave the engine running the whole time so as soon as we walk up they just jump in the heli and leave.

I think your right with the virtual inventory of heli's as all i see is hummingbirds and orcas.

26 minutes ago, Nexhy said:

The RP is great but people don't care and just combat all over you asses,

unfortunately there are many on here that want to play king of the hill instead of RPing, its well known we aren't in the synd because we are all 360 no scoping gods but i guess people have to get them sick kills for frag montages from somewhere so why not on the people that just want to talk

1 hour ago, Denti The End Game Champ said:

unfortunately there are many on here that want to play king of the hill instead of RPing, its well known we aren't in the synd because we are all 360 no scoping gods but i guess people have to get them sick kills for frag montages from somewhere so why not on the people that just want to talk

Well if they seriously come kill you for frags for their videos they should really neck themselves xD

I like the ideas coming on this topic but say there's someone camping at kavala &athira drug dealer and you want to sell your drugs in the syndicate area, and there are no syndicate members on, that means you will only get 50%.

Maybe you should do it the other way around (?). The cops have the wanted list, why don't you get something simulair to that. (For example) when a person is on that list, he only gets 50% value of drugs unless he shows good rp/ he's being friendly so he will be removed from the list. Any syndicate member can add/remove people from the list and when a syndicate member is killed, the killer will be put on the list.

I don't know if this is a good idea but I dislike the fact that people have to depend on syndicate members to get more money from their drugs.

Please let me know what you think.

( @Jamz)

43 minutes ago, Freak Vonk said:

and there are no syndicate members on, that means you will only get 50%.

Then go back to using either Kavala or Athira.

Not my problem (shrugs_shoulders).

Maybe you should do it the other way around (?). The cops have the wanted list, why don't you get something simulair to that. (For example) when a person is on that list, he only gets 50% value of drugs unless he shows good rp/ he's being friendly so he will be removed from the list. Any syndicate member can add/remove people from the list and when a syndicate member is killed, the killer will be put on the list.

I do quite like the idea of this.

I don't know if this is a good idea but I dislike the fact that people have to depend on syndicate members to get more money from their drugs.

That was the whole point of us being implemented in the first place... we offer protection and drug dealers.

You didn't have the drug dealer north east before we was here, now quit killing us all the time.

It is OUR drug dealer. Don't you think in realistic terms we WOULD control EXACTLY how much he gave to people for said drugs.

Go back to Kavala, I don't care - but this must be changed. Half of the syndicate do not enjoy playing the game at the minute simply because we are constantly killed and gangs can get away with it.