community meeting

Daniel Stiletto

I have been thinking for a while now about having a community meeting once every month... On the old server I played on once a week/month all staff and everyone on TeamSpeak would come together for a meeting to give feedback, ideas, improvements, normal questions etc.. and would generally improve communications between players and staff.

Everything stated above can be told to staff to ask head staff but not all of it always get through or get the answers we want then we have to wait a week again for a reply.

Yes I know this is what the forum is for, but surely 15 mins once a month isn't going to hurt

What do you all think?

@Fuel @Neo @Genesis

Edited by Daniel Stiletto

Funny thing, I've been talking about this with management for awhile about doing this one a week or every 2 weeks.

The plan was for state of the server with a Q&A session and also for players to bring up concerns about rules/gangs/players/factions/issuses in a respectful and constructive tone.

I was also planning on having everyone speak about members of the community who are permanently banned about getting another chance.

11 minutes ago, Thesoldier said:

Funny thing, I've been talking about this with management for awhile about doing this one a week or every 2 weeks.

The plan was for state of the server with a Q&A session and also for players to bring up concerns about rules/gangs/players/factions/issuses in a respectful and constructive tone.

I was also planning on having everyone speak about members of the community who are permanently banned about getting another chance.

Will be a good idea, and like you said will give people the chance to give feedback and concerns about the server.

Just now, Thesoldier said:

Stop tagging everyone jesus, I am actually making plans for something like this, and I will be posting something next week.

Didn't mean to.

19 minutes ago, PJ- said:

+1 on this. To keep something this big i'd suggest using representatives though

+1 to this point - putting a couple hundred people in a channel every week doesn't sound too pleasant. I'd much rather keep it to a smaller meeting each week or even each month if no system was added.

Police command, AMS command and the gang leaders/"higher ups" of each gang could be present (Along with admins of course) allowing for a much smaller, more organised meeting that could be much more civil than a million people in a channel. People could also forward suggestions to people who participated in these meeting also. Sort of like a RRP Houses of Parliament...

Edited by WolfE

My plans call for an open meeting that's moderated because we have players who are not members of gangs. It will be an open invitation but part of the question and answer will be players need to fill out a form first. Again more will be coming next week when I have a chance to hash it out

So daniel to answer your question there is something in the works I've just been extremely busy with other things to announce it

Pretty much an idea of an agenda is the following:

-Welcome message

-Annoucement from management/staff team

-State of the Server

-Question and Answer

-Faction issues

-Server issues

-Gang issues

-Player issues

-Community/Permanent unban nominations

-Closing/Banter session

Also feel this is a good idea. I would hold back on sending representatives though. Give people the trust and opportunity to turn out for the first meeting, take the proper measures to ensure people don't interrupt, spam, shout bullshit and all that. Use the first 2 or so meetings to learn, gather feedback on how they run, how they are working, and implement proper modifications to get it running to a good quality and a good efficiency.

If by the 3rd or 4th meeting you can agree it's not working, then look at representatives. This is a Community meeting, and I think it's important people of the community have the opportunity to participate, not rely on people they maybe don't like, don't trust, or simply don't want to tell their issue to.

All in all, I think these can only bring benefits. It gets people from different corners of the community together and it allows us to see situations, points etc from different standpoints.