Server RP "Event" Team

Pepe2

Well, let me give you an example from my dayzrp experiences, there was this clan called the family, and they where a bunch of maniac cultist that went around kidnapping people talking about "the maker" and if they was given OOC consent they carved markings into the skin of the player, the rules are that you cannot permanently alter of execute a character without OOC consent.
So these guys planned out a plot where two of the clan would RP as doctors and the others would hunt them, this went on for a while and until me and a friend randomly came upon these doctors and captured them, the whole thing is recorded.

Then it turned out these doctors had been abusing the cultists in an asylum and so forth and so on, this was a semi planned semi improvised story they made up, i just happened to get into the mix, and I WAS GODDAMN HOOKED!
Now this is way to complex for an altis life server of course, but a group working together to create "events" like these for players to stumble upon will bring HUGE value to the server.
Im not saying its easy, or know how to do it perfectly, but im saying given a chance, we could make this work, creating truly unique experiences for players that incentivise better RP by example.

=

And Im saying im willing to put the work in given the chance, find the most dedicated and let us present some suggestions after some research, trail and error, and maybe we find gold, maybe we fail miserably. But we can have so much fun and attract hardcore RPers while doing so.

36 minutes ago, Freak Vonk said:

I think it works if there are small ways to recognise them: they all wear bandana's/ all drive in black SUV's for example.

+1

Well the purpose wouldnt be to intervene in bank heists or anything like that, just to provide RP alternatives to the regular gameplay loop.

Lets say for example we infiltrate the rebels, this being agreed upon with a rebel group, and we RP it out. Agree upon fair consequenses and benefit for both groups and do it like an "event" together, like being NPCs for others in a game. It would play out in a way that the undercover player would play with the rebels for a while, and the "tell" would be that the player RP's alot, a savvy rebel would notice this opportunity to get involved in a sort of "story" and decide how to play it out.
Thats just one example tho. Another one could be just plain clothes detectives coming unarmed to question witnesses or criminals alike, coming as a homicide detective to a drug running gang could be nice RP because youre not there to arrest them so there is RP precedent for the two groups to peacefully RP together.

Regular cops would still do the regular cop thing, but he RP group would go in to create unique situations that flow with the gameplay.
This is all very fluid at the moment, im just looking for input and hopefully a go ahead to put together a team and create a first draft of rules and suggestions before putting into aciton.
And wondering what you guys think ofc

Also, when doing hardcore RP, recording is quite normal, so it could also function as a server RP rule enforcement tool as well, culling the herd so to speak.

Edited by Pepe

I see, well the undercover cop part is just an example I thought would be easiest to implement in the beginning, long term investment in establishing RP relations with the major gangs and creating situations for both parties to enjoy. Its RP, agreeing upon RP scenarios OOC isnt against the rules as long as we arent breaking the rules with what we are doing.
Lets say this undercover group RP's their way to the major players of a gang and manages to create an RP relationship, then we OOC agree on how to proceed gameplay wise to make it fun and within the rules and then go!

Having an active group trying to create RP situations just seems right to me. And doing it with a cop type unit seems to be a great way to kick it off, som authority will be needed.

I changed the Topic to Server RP Event team, maybe thats more fitting. Also see the video i posted, its a great example of what Im talking about. If we can take that, distill it down into a altis friendly format i think it would be great for the server.
If it seems like something that would benefit the server id like to give it a try, if an admin could PM me I can give some credentials and more info for consideration,

Edited by Pepe
55 minutes ago, Fabrizio R. R. Hernandez said:

Long story made short, ura is not a thing anymore after my first resignation, the idea was amazing everything was good, the only reason it could not keep going is bluefor "combat life saver" text, which You see when You look at a cop :/

Another large problem they faced when Paul took over at least, is that a lot of the time the uniforms would glitch out and show cop uniforms for some people and show undercover uniforms for others. The same applied for vehicles and the entire thing was just a big mess really. If it was correctly implemented and tweaked then I can imagine it being great fun if used in moderation.

5 minutes ago, WolfE said:

Another large problem they faced when Paul took over at least, is that a lot of the time the uniforms would glitch out and show cop uniforms for some people and show undercover uniforms for others. The same applied for vehicles and the entire thing was just a big mess really. If it was correctly implemented and tweaked then I can imagine it being great fun if used in moderation.

Clothing and vehicle issues, i dont think is the problem, it's coding related nothing to do with the unit it self, the issue was aswell, that i'm known for thinking different than others, and i was in it from the start, i knew how it was supposed to be, but never let to introduce the one to take over about how it would work, since noone wanted to be a deputy, therefore URA was assigned to PaulS after my resignation who had no clue about what it was about, a few conversations was exchanged between me and paul, but you can not learn a complete unit, with about 10 minutes of text messaging :) it required work, due to a few in-game issues but nothing that was too huge, i believe the real issue, was that it wasn't really correctly introduced to PaulS, and therefore the decision about shutting it down, and opening NCU which we have seen from other communites, would be an easier solution.