Christiann

Arma 3 settings help

hey so my settings are really shit and i was just wondering what all the decent players use to play,io have this weird issue where the lower my fps, the higher the input lag so sometimes when im playing in banks or gang wars my fps goes low and its unplayable and i was thinking that it might be a ingame settings issue, feel free to share your own gyazos of your settings and any tips for the cfg file or whatever, any help is appreciated

Do you want to advertise here? Have a youtube channel you're looking to promote? even your gang page? Contact Neo on Discord or email us

Im also looking for good settings with a balance of fps and visuals because right now i go with everything on ultra and 2k viewdistance which looks pretty but on gang wars and banks fps is awfull

Everything ultra if you have a good gpu with enough vram apart from particles,clouds and pip as this splits the load between the gpu and cpu. Then go into your files and change these to settings to this:

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;
GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

Make sure smoothing is off and v-sync, also playing full screen windowed/borderless locks your refresh rate to 60 so play fullscreen and change it to x number in file to fit your refresh rate.

Mess around with fxaa and msaa and the other stuff in there to see what works best.

https://gyazo.com/a03073cabcee61c43dd385f37bca6aaa

change parameters to fit your specs and also oc your cpu.

Edited by Sloth

45 minutes ago, Sloth said:

Everything ultra if you have a good gpu with enough vram apart from particles,clouds and pip as this splits the load between the gpu and cpu. Then go into your files and change these to settings to this:

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

can you elaborate on that file shit aha 

4 minutes ago, WeeFanny said:

can you elaborate on that file shit aha 

C:\Users\PCNAME\Documents\Arma 3

go into the arma 3 file with notepad

and find these values

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

Your numbers should be different change them to 1 then save it.

Edited by Sloth

1 hour ago, Sloth said:

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

Make sure smoothing is off and v-sync, also playing full screen windowed/borderless locks your refresh rate to 60 so play fullscreen and change it to x number in file to fit your refresh rate.

Mess around with fxaa and msaa and the other stuff in there to see what works best.

https://gyazo.com/a03073cabcee61c43dd385f37bca6aaa

change parameters to fit your specs and also oc your cpu.

What would you say a good gpu is ?

25 minutes ago, Sloth said:

Mid range I would say is a 1060 6gb which can handle most games high/ultra on 1080p at decent fps.

best resolution to play on ?

just turn everything on low apart from textures put that on high as it wont affect your fps, ive got a decent pc and I get 50-60 outside of kav but when I go into kav I get atleast 40 and all these file edit things don't work ive tried every single one and it hasn't improved anything tbh. hope this helps :)

Just now, WeeFanny said:

best resolution to play on ?

1920x1080

Aspect ratio is usually personal preference but arma looks ugly in anything other than 16:9 in my opinion

1 minute ago, Matty Lahhhh said:

just turn everything on low apart from textures put that on high as it wont affect your fps

That puts your all the load on your cpu, you receive more fps if you put on higher graphical settings as it takes some off this load off the cpu and allows the gpu to do part of the work the cpu would normally be doing.

1 minute ago, Sloth said:

1920x1080

Aspect ratio is usually personal preference but arma looks ugly in anything other than 16:9 in my opinion

That puts your all the load on your cpu, you receive more fps if you put on higher graphical settings as it takes some off this load off the cpu and allows the gpu to do part of the work the cpu would normally be doing.

for this to work you would need a decent gpu and it would also slow your computer down I wouldn't advise doing it but its yours choice