Red_Thief

Confirmation the target can hear the initiation if asked - obligarory

I try to follow the rules and RP as much as I can. Sometimes when I am not sure if my  target can hear initiation I rather die, while getting closer to reapeat my sentence, than open fire to him.

Last time, because enemy was about 30m-40m away from me and it was loud I asked if he can hear me and If he could hear what I said. Because he didnt answer I came closer and repeat (it was loud). I asked once more time he didn't answer again then I came closer and he killed me. After that he confirmed he could hear me all the time loud and clear so I thought we need to change/add some rules to prevent it.

1. So in my opinion, good rule will be obligation to answer if someone can hear the initiation if he is asked about it. If there is no confirmation the target can not open fire to his agressor when he try to get closer to reapeat the initiation as it is fail RP.

Ofc some ppl can intentionaly break it to get better position before answer or let the attacker leave the cover. In this case the attacker should be able to open fire even if there is no answer but when he is sure his target can hear him, as it is now. It won't be fail RP from attacker side, rather his target will be breaking this rule if there will be no answer.

2. Same thing about gang members. Imo for many of us it is inconvenient when you don't know who is involved and who is not in combat. It would be much easier if I could ask if someone is in one group with my target or not and he would have to say truth. I am not talking about releaving numbers of players in gang or their positions, only about connections with other who are involved in conflict.

If I talk with someone and I ask about his gang and connection to other guy who I am talking with (but you don't see his gang tag) he will have to confirm or not if he is in same team. When he will say he is not (but in fact he is) and then he will kill me when his friend will initiate it will be fail rp.

//my englis is poor but I try to write it as good as I can :) sorry for mistakes if any.

Do you want to advertise here? Have a youtube channel you're looking to promote? even your gang page? Contact Neo on Discord or email us
1 minute ago, Scott McTavish said:

So you want it like this

Person 1 Place your hands above your head if you don't ill be forced to open fire.

Person 1 Can you confirm that you heard everything? 

Person 2 Sure buddy go ahead I heard you 

🤔

No but a lot of people abuse the rules and say "I can't hear you!!" and then shoot you a second later.

@Scott

I know what you think, but in fact it won't change much. This is only necessity, you won't ask someone from 15m if he can hear you. I was thinking about situations when everyone is in cover about 40m away from eachother.

Whats more, I would rather you say it in diffrent way to be more RP, but this what you wrote is still better than kill someone who didn't hear you.

Edit:

No but a lot of people abuse the rules and say "I can't hear you!!" and then shoot you a second later.

@Crispy

This is what I am talking about. But when he answers it means he can hear ...something.

Edited by Red_Thief

Would be silly to implement a rule for him to have to answer back but maybe rethinking initiation rules such as not being able to open fire until a 2 way conversation has been made (still a tough one though)

Or pehaps being able to make some sort of function ingame which would tell you if people someone can hear you, im sure that can be worked out somehow. obviously would have to ignore gang members since that would interfere. 

Edited by Crispy

pointless rule and this pretty much sums up what will happen 9/10 times someone gets initiated on

On 4/22/2019 at 11:13 AM, Red_Thief said:

Ofc some ppl can intentionaly break it to get better position before answer or let the attacker leave the cover. In this case the attacker should be able to open fire even if there is no answer but when he is sure his target can hear him, as it is now. It won't be fail RP from attacker side, rather his target will be breaking this rule if there will be no answer.