athero.

PC parts

8 hours ago, athero said:

aye I've already got a 250gb SSD for a boot drive and other things

and between the 2 i would need to research them but ive heard white good things about the 2060 and the 1660ti but mostly the 2060

Tbh I would save up for/ go with the 2060 as it’s more “future proofed”. Are you building it yourself or getting a prebuilt?

Ok I will point out some things about your list

CPU: 600k is an old gen Intel, either get an Intel Core i5-9600K (£230) or an AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (£207)

Motherboard: Choose motherboard based on the above CPUs, Intel = Z390 Socket 1151, AMD = AM4

RAM: If you can get 16GB of RAM, 8GB is barely enough these days

GPU: You have a few choices depending on your budget, RTX 2060 is slightly better than the 1660 TI, but at greater expense. You could also consider the Radeon RX Vega 56

3 hours ago, athero said:

I've taken this all into consideration and have made a new list on the thread as you can see above but @zico._that motherboard is a B450 i want a z type motherboard as they support overclocking better *apparently*

so if @Scott McTavishand @zico._would look at the original thread and check the new list feedback on that would be much appreciated also :)

Good build parts, that 9600k is cheap 😀

I would buy im but in waiting for the new Ryzens

Edited by Scott McTavish

21 hours ago, athero said:

Shortened for ease

Can i ask why you are getting a "performance" Hard disk - just put "good" games on a SSD and save yourself £50 and just get this link It works fine as a HDD as you would expect.

No need for a £67 cpu cooler. In my experience you can get one that does the same thing with same RPM for about £30-£40
For that price you can get a cheap water cooler https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Hydro-Radiator-Liquid-Cooler/dp/B07B68T46Q/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=CPU+cooler&qid=1557245488&s=gateway&sr=8-4

Edited by RomillyN

14 hours ago, RomillyN said:

No need for a £67 cpu cooler. In my experience you can get one that does the same thing with same RPM for about £30-£40
For that price you can get a cheap water cooler https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Hydro-Radiator-Liquid-Cooler/dp/B07B68T46Q/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=CPU+cooler&qid=1557245488&s=gateway&sr=8-4

it's cheap for a reason ;) 

quality will never be as good as an expensive water cooler

On 5/7/2019 at 5:10 PM, RomillyN said:

Water cooling is overhyped