athero

PC parts

I'm wanting to build a new PC coz im currently on a dog shit laptop. Well sort of I use GeforceNOW which allows me to play on a good PC but my internet wiffs more than @Girraffeon gang wars. but im canny shite at PC specs and all that so im unsure what things go together for the best preformance ect. So like I would love to know if these PC parts which cause issues with eachother im planning on overclocking the cpu so im unsure about bottlenecking and that any help would be appreciated.

PC PART LIST < Old List before Feedback

New List: (Some parts aren't on PC partpicker which is why it is listed like this)

GPU

CPU

CPU cooler

Motherboard

RAM

PSU

HDD

I ALREADY HAVE CASE AND A 250GB SSD

Edited by athero

Do you want to advertise here? Have a youtube channel you're looking to promote? even your gang page? Contact Neo on Discord or email us
28 minutes ago, Jeff said:

I would recommend a 2060 and just get a 2tb hdd no point of getting a 1tb unless you’re getting an ssd for boot drive 

aye I've already got a 250gb SSD for a boot drive and other things

37 minutes ago, Sloth said:

Suggest you go for 1660ti or a 2060 as it's similar to the 1060s price range but better by quite a lot

and between the 2 i would need to research them but ive heard white good things about the 2060 and the 1660ti but mostly the 2060

Edited by athero

8 hours ago, athero said:

aye I've already got a 250gb SSD for a boot drive and other things

and between the 2 i would need to research them but ive heard white good things about the 2060 and the 1660ti but mostly the 2060

Tbh I would save up for/ go with the 2060 as it’s more “future proofed”. Are you building it yourself or getting a prebuilt?

Ok I will point out some things about your list

CPU: 600k is an old gen Intel, either get an Intel Core i5-9600K (£230) or an AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (£207)

Motherboard: Choose motherboard based on the above CPUs, Intel = Z390 Socket 1151, AMD = AM4

RAM: If you can get 16GB of RAM, 8GB is barely enough these days

GPU: You have a few choices depending on your budget, RTX 2060 is slightly better than the 1660 TI, but at greater expense. You could also consider the Radeon RX Vega 56

2 hours ago, Scott McTavish said:

Ok I will point out some things about your list

CPU: 600k is an old gen Intel, either get an Intel Core i5-9600K (£230) or an AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (£207)

Motherboard: Choose motherboard based on the above CPUs, Intel = Z390 Socket 1151, AMD = AM4

GPU: You have a few choices depending on your budget, RTX 2060 is slightly better than the 1660 TI, but at greater expense. You could also consider the Radeon RX Vega 56

I agree, if ur on a budget definitely go with a ryzen cpu because they are newer, cheaper, and u get a lot more for what u pay for and + there are newer and better motherboards for ryzen cpu's

this is a motherboard u could consider, I have it for my 2600 and its pretty sick for 105 https://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-B450M-TITANIUM-Motherboard-Processors/dp/B07FQCSVYC/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=msi+motherboard+am4&qid=1555756815&s=gateway&sr=8-7

+ don't forget a case ;) 

maybe nzxt h500 white

also recommend getting an ssd if u can get some extra money because they are really cheap now and it will save u having to move windows onto it in the future.

possibly get an evga psu or something bc idk how reliable seasonic is, and its quite important to have a reliable one

Edited by zico._

3 hours ago, Scott McTavish said:

1 hour ago, zico._ said:

I agree, if ur on a budget definitely go with a ryzen cpu because they are newer, cheaper, and u get a lot more for what u pay for and + there are newer and better motherboards for ryzen cpu's

this is a motherboard u could consider, I have it for my 2600 and its pretty sick for 105 https://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-B450M-TITANIUM-Motherboard-Processors/dp/B07FQCSVYC/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=msi+motherboard+am4&qid=1555756815&s=gateway&sr=8-7

I've taken this all into consideration and have made a new list on the thread as you can see above but @zico._that motherboard is a B450 i want a z type motherboard as they support overclocking better *apparently*

so if @Scott McTavishand @zico._would look at the original thread and check the new list feedback on that would be much appreciated also :)

3 hours ago, athero said:

I've taken this all into consideration and have made a new list on the thread as you can see above but @zico._that motherboard is a B450 i want a z type motherboard as they support overclocking better *apparently*

so if @Scott McTavishand @zico._would look at the original thread and check the new list feedback on that would be much appreciated also :)

Good build parts, that 9600k is cheap 😀

I would buy im but in waiting for the new Ryzens

Edited by Scott McTavish

21 hours ago, athero said:

Shortened for ease

Can i ask why you are getting a "performance" Hard disk - just put "good" games on a SSD and save yourself £50 and just get this link It works fine as a HDD as you would expect.

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Can i ask why you are getting a "performance" Hard disk - just put "good" games on a SSD and save yourself £50 and just get this link It works fine as a HDD as you would expect.

very clever mr south

No need for a £67 cpu cooler. In my experience you can get one that does the same thing with same RPM for about £30-£40
For that price you can get a cheap water cooler https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Hydro-Radiator-Liquid-Cooler/dp/B07B68T46Q/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=CPU+cooler&qid=1557245488&s=gateway&sr=8-4

Edited by RomillyN

14 hours ago, RomillyN said:

No need for a £67 cpu cooler. In my experience you can get one that does the same thing with same RPM for about £30-£40
For that price you can get a cheap water cooler https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Hydro-Radiator-Liquid-Cooler/dp/B07B68T46Q/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=CPU+cooler&qid=1557245488&s=gateway&sr=8-4

it's cheap for a reason ;) 

quality will never be as good as an expensive water cooler

On 5/7/2019 at 5:10 PM, RomillyN said:

Water cooling is overhyped