Risenberg304

Reborn Roleplay Mobile App

Hi so I'm a freelance developer who's recently got back into playing ArmA 3 abit so I ended up making a unofficial app that is currently pending publication for another Altis Community that shall not be named so that their users (and me) could use the forums easier. Anyway after noticing that most Altis community's use the same underlying technology for their forums I would like to "expand" my app to other Altis Life community's by making customized versions of said app for said community.
I guess you can see where I'm going with this, I made this mock-up.
RebornRoleplay.thumb.png.40db139db97981079bc6ca29e8311b4b.png
The app would require no additional API access, do no data collection (apart from that done by Google AD Mob to provide ads which I can't remove for obvious reasons), also features push notifications and the obvious quality of life things like native app linking for all major social media platforms relevant to a Altis Community such as Teamspeak, Discord, YouTube, Twitch TV etc.
I would be willing to do this for free just like I have the last one all I would need is permission from the leadership team and I could have a Android version on the Google Play Store relatively quickly, I'm hoping this is something you would all be on board with?

Edited by Risenberg304

Do you want to advertise here? Have a youtube channel you're looking to promote? even your gang page? Contact Neo on Discord or email us
23 minutes ago, andrew. said:

pretty much just the forum

The advantages of having the app over using the Forum via a web browser would be that I could add more navigation features than the original site as well as customizing the code of the pages to be more appealing and functional on mobile devices by doing things such as introducing native app links to such links and changing layout elements.
In-addition to this push notifications.
Also, I think a mobile app would be way more convenient and offers oppertunity's to integrate additional features such as run calculators etc.
So yes while it is "pretty much just the forum" from a UX perspective where you value your users time and every button press is sacred it offers significant benefits in terms of speed and usability, also it looks pretty ;)
Edited by Risenberg304

7 minutes ago, Risenberg304 said:
The advantages of having the app over using the Forum via a web browser would be that I could add more navigation features than the original site as well as customizing the code of the pages to be more appealing and functional on mobile devices by doing things such as introducing native app links to such links and changing layout elements.
In addition to this push notifications.
Also, I think a mobile app would be way more convenient and offers oppertunity's to integrate additional features such as run calculators etc.
So yes while it is "pretty much just the forum " from a UX perspective where you value your users time and every button press is sacred it offers significant benefits in terms of speed and usability, also it looks pretty ;)

Ngl I’m not the kind of guy to download a role play server app anyway, but who is gonna want roleplay notifications on their phone.

So it basically is the same as the forum but looks nicer? I don’t really get what great advantages there are? 

Not trying to shit on your work

4 minutes ago, andrew. said:

Ngl I’m not the kind of guy to download a role play server app anyway, but who is gonna want roleplay notifications on their phone.

So it basically is the same as the forum but looks nicer? I don’t really get what great advantages there are? 

Not trying to shit on your work

I appreciate that I can't please everyone and some people simply won't be interested however on every Altis Community I go on there is at-least one thread asking for this...

Yea basically is the same as the Forum but would look nicer and would launch certain links in native apps such as YouTube and Steam etc to save you the time of authenticating.

In the future if it was made I would obviously look into adding more features to make it more appealing to someone such as yourself revolving around guides and tools to use.

Edited by Risenberg304