Abdul_

Prison times

@MatthewMankeyDarhkwe do not make the laws we just follow them police rules 8.2.7 state : - Police may crush a vehicle (once they have permission) if they have found that the owner is wanted for any crimes and if they can confirm that the vehicle was used in the  said crime. SGT + can give the permision to crush the vehicle if u are wanted.

Quote "any crime".failure to stop for an officer is a crime.

17 minutes ago, ^ethan said:

We play this game to have fun, not afk and waste 60-80 min depending on how long ur in cuffs and in jail...

I am aware but we cant have people just gunning people around.....and then have no consequences....as soon as they get out(10 mins) they get back to killing.There is a reason its roleplay.There must be balance.But ethan if you consider being in cuffs waste of time...i do not know what to say to you....the time you in cuffs doesent influence your jail sentece...

@Foxsssif only evading arrest was your crime it doesent make sense u should go to the proper authorities to clear the air if u know the officer that booked you.

Edited by Matt Shade

Do you want to advertise here? Have a youtube channel you're looking to promote? even your gang page? Contact Neo on Discord or email us
1 minute ago, Matt Shade said:

@MatthewMankeyDarhkwe do not make the laws we just follow them police rules 8.2.7 state : - Police may crush a vehicle (once they have permission) if they have found that the owner is wanted for any crimes and if they can confirm that the vehicle was used in the  said crime. SGT + can give the permision to crush the vehicle if u are wanted.

"Just following the rule" we can both be bloody on the same side when I say : It is silly to crush a vehcle for avaiding police, silly to take unnessecary actions because you have the ability to do so.

It is in total silly that it is going to be followed when known its stupid to take such action, like who would be here and have their vehicle crushed 24/7 because of one simple crime that aint killing or murdering.

Cops even ignore the following rules because they know its not bloody worth it at times:

8.1.16 - Always issue a suspect with three chances to pay a ticket. A refusal to pay three times is a jail sentence. No matter the ticket amount.

8.2.1 - You’re not permitted to patrol on your own, if there is other officers available.

An a few more, why are they ignoring these in sertain situations? Because they 1. Know its unnessecary.

2 know its bloody silly at times.

3 its not worth taking not so smart action 

Honestly? We are just following a rule, legit matey, as a cop you could know when it is unnessecary and when its not.

@MatthewMankeyDarhkyou are right some things dont make sense....thats true so as crushing i have never seen any1 crush a car unless completly necessay(gunfight,murder,gas robbery) but unfortunetly i am aware there are crush happy police officers out there...but thats life...they have the ability to make such a decision.If high command think its okay to give power over crushing then there isnt anything we can do about it....i think it should be more strict....

Edited by Matt Shade

I think the situation is escalating so here are a few suggestions i have got so far from my part of view and yours please reply if u dont agree:

1.Moving prison closer to kavala so you can interact with police.

2.Maximum jail sentence 60 minutes(not more)

3.Adding a police gear up and spawnpoint at prison as well a civ and police garage.

4.Creating a DOC unit(departament of correction)

5.Making a more stable jail sentence instead of coming out of the polices mind.

6.Making stricter rules regarding crushing.

2 minutes ago, Matt Shade said:

4.Creating a DOC unit(departament of correction)

Useless unit, first of all we are not in an america and it would be a waste of code and effort to implement it

Also the fact the police feel they can add additional jail 'time' because you 'insult' them is pathetic, if you can't handle a criminal hurting your feelings you should not be a cop.

@Scott McTavishVerbal assault and Verbal harasment are both crimes regarding the law....so jail time increase is possible but minor 2-5 minutes.

@Scott McTavish any country no difference has a doc unit...not just america it might be called diferently but its the same...

Edited by Matt Shade

10 minutes ago, Matt Shade said:

@Scott McTavishVerbal assault and Verbal harasment are both crimes regarding the law....so jail time increase is possible but minor 2-5 minutes.

Section 5. Public Order Act 1986

There is no specific offence of swearing at a police officer, and in fact it is not a specific crime of swearing in public, only of causing "harassment alarm or distress" under the act mentioned above. This requires some evidence of an individual being, or being likely to be, offended by the language used.

As a police officer you should not be offended for being swore at or 'insulted' at, because you hear those kind of words during the course of your duties.

Only if there is members of the public within earshot of that kind of language should you consider charging with S5 POA.

Verbal abuse is an american law.

Edited by Scott McTavish

@Scott McTavisheven if we deal with that swearing all day doesen't mean we dont get offended we treat prisoners with respect and as human beings they shall treat us the same...not like pigs "yoink yoink" and other bullshit we tend to disregard it and not act on it but it may influence your sentence.

There is a protection from harasment act 1997 and also....u have punishments such as harasment....

I have nothing else to say.

Edited by Matt Shade

1 minute ago, Matt Shade said:

@Scott McTavisheven if we deal with that swearing all day doesen't mean we dont get offended we treat prisoners with respect and as human beings they shall treat us the same...not like pigs "yoink yoink" and other bullshit we tend to disregard it and not act on it but it may influence your sentence.

I have nothing else to say.

There we go, if they hurt your feelings you give them a longer sentence.

I thought committing crimes would influence your jail time, silly me thinking police would be fair.

1 hour ago, ^ethan said:

We play this game to have fun, not afk and waste 60-80 min depending on how long ur in cuffs and in jail...

Exactly my point and I don’t see how hard it is for people tp grasp? maybe we need to start giving cops 4 hour plane journeys so they can realise doing nothing when you want to play a game is just ass and a complete waste of time...

allowing cops to spawn at the prison will not give us more interaction or something to do at prison at all, the point of me mentioning modded arma is that cops on there genuinely go out of their way to interact with you and you have much to do, you have your normal cells then solitary then yard time, visiting, you can break out of your cell with lock picks you find in trash, you can shank cops etc but this isn’t modded arma and we are restricted to what you can do on normal altis Hense why I’ve suggested reducing times as:

1. It’s a waste of time, we are being punished with not being able to play our game for an hour say (being restrained in pd and jail time) for partaking a rebel role on a game.

2. The whole prison thing would need to be remade to make prison have a use instead of just sitting there like you currently do which wouldn’t be worth the time as there’s more important things to work on / develop / change so it makes more sense reducing the max times.

i genuinely don’t see the problem with reduced times? Police get the satisfaction of sending them off to prison, Civs time isn’t completely wasted like it is currently. 

Edited by Abdul_

13 minutes ago, Matt Shade said:

@Scott McTavish you are from the uk presuming your reactions would u go out on the street and start harasing cops see what happens ?

Harasment is a crime according to your laws no matter who u haras...cop civilian.

Protection from Harassment Act 1997

Section 4
This section creates the offence of "putting people in fear of violence" where a person "causes another to fear, on at least two occasions, that violence will be used against him" provided "he knows or ought to know that his course of conduct will cause the other so to fear on each of those occasions

If you have just arrested someone, taken them back to the police station and then give you a mouthful then you should ignore it and stick them in a cell to calm down, not send them for 30 mins cause u got pissed off.

The fact of the matter is police are too loose with sentences and often send people to jail for the amount they feel like at the time, it requires some thinking and planning to work out a better system such as fuels comment on based on wanted price

Edited by Scott McTavish

The wanted prices should be reworked but should be a lot leaner than in real life as it don’t make sense to jail someone on altis, a game long times like the police would irl. In terms of role play, murder would be considered to be one of the worst crimes so it makes sense, however players should definitely not get jailed 40-60 for simply playing a game and doing their roles as a rebel, which is what gives police things to do in the first place.

-re work wanted prices (e.g 5 minders is 7mins providing the rebel is role playing with the cop)(10 lockpicking a vehicle is 5mins or something like that) 

-decrease the max time to 40 minutes (max being like wanted for 750k, as this isn’t hard to get to considering you can be in a redzone for half an hour and kill say 10 people)

it makes sense as it makes no difference  to the cops at all, not even their role play experience but also because players time aren’t simply wasted due to only playing the server in the first place..

At the moment it is simply ridiculous.

Edited by Abdul_

2 hours ago, MatthewMankeyDarhk said:

If you RP you're using your right of being silence,  they take it as "Refuses to roleplay" and just do whatever they want to due to being annoyed and they dont like the roleplay.

I experienced, a cop crushing and sending me to prison for 10 minutes without giving me my ticket option first which were 100k in total for all my crimes JUST because I refused to talk and use my right to be silence.

And insulting a cop increases the prison time...?  you are being charged of specific stuff... what could increase prison time A TINY BIT. If you insult them very bad they can be charged: Verbal Assault

as it is an aditional crime onto the others.  which may add A TINY different on the sentence

The sentence should not be different how you roleplay with the officer, if your being charged of something, thats it, the cop shall not expand your sentence because he didnt like or feels like it aint enough roleplay. If your being charged with avaiding police, your vehicle should not get crushed, but inpounded.

If you refuse to talk the ticket shall not extend the normal price of avaiding police or you shall not be sent to prison without given the option to pay a ticket.

Roleplay comes first correct, but a cop is not the one to choose whether its good enough to take unnessecary actions.

Theres a difference between rp:ing and having a shit attitude

16 minutes ago, Knasen said:

Theres a difference between rp:ing and having a shit attitude

Please explain how?

Do you think ever person arrested is going to be all polite and respectful?

Having a shit attitude towards police when your arrested is still roleplay, as long as they are not breaking rules.

4 hours ago, MatthewMankeyDarhk said:

The sentence should not be different how you roleplay with the officer

Yes it will, if you roleplay your sentence should decrease, or get a reward for your roleplay, like i said.

4 hours ago, MatthewMankeyDarhk said:

the cop shall not expand your sentence because he didnt like or feels like it aint enough roleplay.

This is not a thing, where have you found this from?

And the people that are complaining about prison times and how they were sent in for 30minutes+ you never report this to police, so nothing happens, and half the time people are breaking the law or insulting the officer and thats the reason, or there is another reason for your arrest and people don't see why

Okay I can see all these massive paragraphs and arguments but surely no one should change anything with any evidence. This could all just being made up because people are salty over justified long sentences. But then again mabye not.

Personally I never see anyone go to jail for more than 30 mins unless they are being absolute idiots and insulting the officers. Which is fair enough. If you Just RP with us we will lower your sentence. I am pretty sure that is already a rule and if it isn't it is pretty much treated like one.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

insulting the officer and thats the reason,

Insulting an officer, insulting a civilian, what is the difference? Imagine, someone insulting a Civilian, because they disagree, would a cop stop and give a punishment? No he wouldn't he would split them up and tell em to go their own way, otherwise they will be taken into custody.  NOW you are a bloody criminal being arrested, you can't expect everyone to be respectful and have a calm attitude,  as a cop you deal with toxic people, you deal with criminals, people who give zero fucks, etc...  If you can't take an insult as a cop, you shouldn't be a cop.

Am not saying that everyone can just come around and insult the Officers non-stop if that happens then obviously deal with them, but if an officer can not take 2 or 3 insults, then why the hell is he/she a cop.

POINT BEING, your sentence should not be extended because of Insulting, due to your trained to deal with toxic and stressful situations as a cop, deal with it with the training given.

Edited by MatthewMankeyDarhk

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

half the time people are breaking the law or insulting the officer and thats the reason

13 minutes ago, RomillyN said:

Personally I never see anyone go to jail for more than 30 mins unless they are being absolute idiots and insulting the officers. Which is fair enough. If you Just RP with us we will lower your sentence. I am pretty sure that is already a rule and if it isn't it is pretty much treated like one.

Insulting an officer is an offence now?

Don't know how you can justify an increased ticket or longer jail sentence for simply insulting a police officer,  hurting your feels isn't a criminal offence.

Looks like plenty of our police force is taking the law into their own hands. Hopefully, the commissioners will do something about it. Some internal moderation might help you @Daniel@OutSyder since in the end it isn't the civilians' responsibility to moderate the police force, it is yours. Teach your command and it will cascade down.

As for the actual suggestion, I think that bounty prices should be drastically reformed, for reference here is a list of all the crimes that you can be wanted for:

"Vehicular Manslaughter","50000"
    "Manslaughter","50000"
    "Escaping Jail","200000"
    "Attempted Auto Theft","20000"
    "Use of illegal explosives","40000"
    "Robbery","50000"
    "Kidnapping","200000"
    "Attempted Kidnapping","100000"
    "Public Intoxication","10000"
    "Vehicle Theft","50000"
    "Petty Theft","25000"
    "Hit and run","30000"
    "Drug Possession","100000"
    "Intent to distribute","100000"
    "Drug Trafficking","100000"
    "Burglary","25000"
    "Tax Evasion","2000"
    "Terrorism","200000"
    "Unlicensed Hunting","15000"
    "Organ Theft","100000"
    "Attempted Organ Theft","100000"
    "Driving without license","25000"
    "Driving on the wrong side of the road","20000"
    "Not respecting the signalizations","15000"
    "Speeding","20000"
    "No headlight in the night","15000"
    "Driving kart without helmet","10000"
    "Badly parked vehicle","1000"
    "Rebel vehicle (Not armed)","50000"
    "Grand Theft (Civilian Vehicle)","50000"
    "Grand Theft (police Vehicle)","50000"
    "Armored Vehicle","50000"
    "Flying over the city without authorization","100000"
    "Closing the street without authorization","50000"
    "Open carry in city (Legal Weapon)","10000"
    "Rebel weapon","75000"
    "Illegal clothing","1500"
    "Hiding face (Mask)","1000"
    "Refuses to cooperate","5000"
    "Hit and run","25000"
    "Insulting a civilian","10000"
    "Insulting an officer","10000"
    "Drug dealing","100000"
    "HM Treasury Robbery","200000"
    "Killing of a civilian","200000"
    "Killing an officer","200000"
    "Mail or Package Theft","10000"

As you can see, there's plenty that you never see (perhaps cops just aren't imaginative?), and plenty more that seem redundant... I would encourage the police command to come up with a better list, or at least a list which has reasonable bounties. Perhaps even the mayor could get involved, actually giving him a purpose.

P.s. "Insulting an officer" is a 10,000 fine according to this list, yet verbal assault yields a totally different response in the police handbook.

2 minutes ago, Harry Lewis said:

Looks like plenty of our police force is taking the law into their own hands. Hopefully, the commissioners will do something about it. Some internal moderation might help you @Daniel@OutSyder since in the end it isn't the civilians' responsibility to moderate the police force, it is yours. Teach your command and it will cascade down.

As for the actual suggestion, I think that bounty prices should be drastically reformed, for reference here is a list of all the crimes that you can be wanted for:

"Vehicular Manslaughter"
    "Manslaughter","50000"
    "Escaping Jail","200000"
    "Attempted Auto Theft","20000"
    "Use of illegal explosives","40000"
    "Robbery","50000"
    "Kidnapping","200000"
    "Attempted Kidnapping","100000"
    "Public Intoxication","10000"
    "Vehicle Theft","50000"
    "Petty Theft","25000"
    "Hit and run","30000"
    "Drug Possession","100000"
    "Intent to distribute","100000"
    "Drug Trafficking","100000"
    "Burglary","25000"
    "Tax Evasion","2000"
    "Terrorism","200000"
    "Unlicensed Hunting","15000"
    "Organ Theft","100000"
    "Attempted Organ Theft","100000"
    "Driving without license","25000"
    "Driving on the wrong side of the road","20000"
    "Not respecting the signalizations","15000"
    "Speeding","20000"
    "No headlight in the night","15000"
    "Driving kart without helmet","10000"
    "Badly parked vehicle","1000"
    "Rebel vehicle (Not armed)","50000"
    "Grand Theft (Civilian Vehicle)","50000"
    "Grand Theft (police Vehicle)","50000"
    "Armored Vehicle","50000"
    "Flying over the city without authorization","100000"
    "Closing the street without authorization","50000"
    "Open carry in city (Legal Weapon)","10000"
    "Rebel weapon","75000"
    "Illegal clothing","1500"
    "Hiding face (Mask)","1000"
    "Refuses to cooperate","5000"
    "Hit and run","25000"
    "Insulting a civilian","10000"
    "Insulting an officer","10000"
    "Drug dealing","100000"
    "HM Treasury Robbery","200000"
    "Killing of a civilian","200000"
    "Killing an officer","200000"
    "Mail or Package Theft","10000"

As you can see, there's plenty that you never see (perhaps cops just aren't imaginative?), and plenty more that seem redundant... I would encourage the police command to come up with a better list, or at least a list which has reasonable bounties. Perhaps even the mayor could get involved, actually giving him a purpose.

P.s. "Insulting an officer" is a 10,000 fine according to this list.

I could actually write a list of proper crimes that conform with UK legislation, would make more sense than some of those crimes lol

2 minutes ago, Scott McTavish said:

I could actually write a list of proper crimes that conform with UK legislation, would make more sense than some of those crimes lol

When the general of the blackwater writes the list for the commissioners 🤣 make it happen boys

Just now, Harry Lewis said:

When the general of the blackwater writes the list for the commissioners 🤣 make it happen boys

I mean if it helps the server in a positive way i would be happy to do  it 🤣

1 minute ago, Scott McTavish said:

I mean if it helps the server in a positive way i would be happy to do  it 🤣

@OutSyder@Danielmaybe this could be part of 'Police 2.0'? If you change everything all at once it is less effort in the long run.