Abdul_

Prison times

Do you want to advertise here? Have a youtube channel you're looking to promote? even your gang page? Contact Neo on Discord or email us
5 minutes ago, Fuel said:

@Daniel @OutSyder I hope the above is not true

the first thing that I hear about it.  only the higher ranks can send someone 40-50 min to jail.

but they should never send someone 50 min to jail for some manslaughters. 

Police seem to just make up punishments. I've brought it up before but nothing gets done. I even made them a nice new in-game PNC but they still insist on allocating arbitrary sentences.

I'd perhaps suggest police command rework the bounty prices and jail sentences to make them realistic and fair to the crimes committed. That way maybe more people will roleplay than fight.

As an ex cop I can confirm that a lot of officers just issued Prison Times based off of their feelings towards the person, in some situations (Being verbally abused, being harassed, having them break RP and making disgusting comments) the times were warranted, in other situations there was literally no excuse for the extortionate times given, having times based off of current wanted level could be good but the problem is that it could sometimes lead to huge times for random smaller crimes such as a lot of lockpicking and gas station robberies.

One thing I've seen in action before which worked incredibly well was pre-defined time buttons, For 5, 15, 20, 30, maximum minutes, with a reason being provided before clicking the actual time button which would simplify arrests, and make sure there's no abuse on the system

prisonpic.png.b46c1201f0cba092baad82ec9a98469c.png

(Yes it's hideous, it's just to give an idea. I made it in paint shh)

Edited by GDUKOfficial

43 minutes ago, Fuel said:

or I could remove the variable limit and base it off there wanted price

thats fine if you set a certain max 40-50 min as people rarely get up to that point.

1 hour ago, Fuel said:

or I could remove the variable limit and base it off there wanted price

I like this and feel it would solve the issue tbh, so cops put the jail reason and then the time is solely down to the persons bounty price? Would be good if cops could send people for maybe 1/4 and 1/2 times so cops can reward the ‘criminals’ with a lower prison time providing the civ gives the cop good rp and isn’t toxic etc, like 9/10 current arrests are like. 

The bounty prices would have to be made sure you don’t end up getting an hour for 50 vehicle thefts say? With a max prison time as say 30mins as that’s still a extremely long time considering no one wants to sit around for half an hour, they just wanna play their game.

Edited by Abdul_

4 hours ago, Abdul_ said:

here are just a few examples I’ve got within a couple of weeks on how ass it really is:

-50 mins for: 3 manslaugters 2 vehicle thefts and evading police when they tried to pull me over (I didn’t have anything illegal on me, they were chasing me just because I was wanted)

-40 mins for: 1 attempted man slaughter and 5 attempted vehicle thefts (I shot at one officer, didn’t kill him but got killed then revived) 

-40 mins for: evading police (running away from a cop in gz and got taser) and  “attempted rdm” (I didn’t shoot at him as I was restrained so I don’t see how this is any somewhat fair getting a punishment for someone else’s actions and made me want to kms tbh)

-30 mins for: for literally stealing a police car when there was a cop nearby (I wasn’t wanted and didn’t have anything illegal on me)

It all just depends on if you're RPing with the officer. Throwing insults or negatively insulting the officer, or breaking a law while getting arrested can increase your prison time. However, it just depends on whether you are RPing with the officer as they should reward your roleplay. So if you feel your jail sentence was unjustified @Abdul_then send evidence to the appropriate people.

Regarding prison time I feel that 60 minutes is fine, Other servers normally have 60 minutes or higher, and my opinion of lowering it down to 30 minutes is too short.

Aight so NO JOKE YE my friend was sent to jail for 45 minuts for 2 manslaugters and I AM 0 JOKING HE QUIT THE SERVER i told him to come back and stuff he just said it's not fun and the cops have no rp at all...

Edited by atn

3 hours ago, atn said:

Aight so NO JOKE YE my friend was sent to jail for 45 minuts for 2 manslaugters and I AM 0 JOKING HE QUIT THE SERVER i told him to come back and stuff he just said it's not fun and the cops have no rp at all...

1 hour ago, Bob Boberts said:

I got 15 minutes for vehicle theft and robbery

glad to see im not the only one tbh, was starting  to think i was the problem aha

I haven't actually seen people sent to prison for more than 30 minutes(months).....but for you guys that are arguing over 15 minutes........i think thats just dumb.....and btw most of the time you can avoid that 5 to 15 minutes jail sentence....if u stop and talk to us and dont be jerk to us we will be linient and just give u a ticket depending on the crimes....usually if your bounty is over 100k u will go to jail for 5 to 15 minutes depending on the officer and how you behaved(the way you talk to us matters as we are the judges,juries and executioners) this 100k bounty to jail rule has exceptions ex:you have 100k bounty out of petty crimes(roberry aint a petty crime) u will receive a fine.....

Now on the issue of 30 minutes....well murder is the worst(irl as well taking some1's life is none of our bussines therefore u will receive severe punishments) depending for 1 count of manslaughter u will usually receive a fine....for 2xmanslaughter u might get a fine....bur most police will arrest you for 10 to 20 minutes depending on other crimes and your behavior then from 5 to more manslaughter u will get a 20 to 30 jail time.Ok except the law regarded punishment your soul will be damned to hell most likely.

So if you cant pay 30 minutes for killing a bunch of people dont kill them find other ways..

If u cant wait 5 to 15 minutes for minor crimes u shouldn't do crimes...u shouldnt actually play roleplay because....in any rp scenario actions have consequences...irl if u kill 1 person u will get a 20 to 30 years.

The no RP doesent apply to all cops and u should refrain from generaling it as there are over 100 cops...in the police force if u want to make complaints against non standard and minimum requirments make sure u know the persons name and file a complaint against him do not say cops in general.

Now its every one of you guys that should ask the arresting officers name its your civic right to know the name of your booking officer so ask and if hes unreasonable ask for a higher ranking officer if nothing happens make a polie complaint against that officer but do not generalize the entire police force as i said theres over 100 people in the police force.

*this is for people that are gona say its just a game,well are not wrong its a game but its an rp game so it has standards without these stantards and punishments and rules this would be a wasteland not an rp game.*

@^ethan 40-50 minutes lock is too low because poeple might escape us and evade us with 20xmanslaughter+maybe a hm treseasury robbery so being able to send them in for only 40 or 50 mins isnt reasonable the minum would be 60 minutes...i dont think there should be punishment higher that 60 minutes but thats just me.

@to every1 why are you guys just saying "im glad im not the only one" does it hurt to make complaints ? Why keep quiet if its happening ? Go to the appropriate autorities to fix this...does it hurt to speak up ? We are not in the 80 s anymore....speaking up and standing up for whats right aint gona get you killed.So if u guys have issues speak up you aint gona get punished for speaking...

My suggestion is implementing fix amount of jail time for each crime ex:manslaughter 5 minutes for each count(applies only for 2 or more manslaughter charges),alternative punishment ticket based on the pns.I would make a sheet but i am at work i ll see if i can do it in my brake.

Edited by Matt Shade

It's really not hard to negotiate with the cops, my friend was about to face 20 mins I got into the PD and managed to RP the situation to lower it to a 70k fine.

It's how you treat the cops really if you usually show them some respect they won't be so hard on you.

Can't lie tho I have had some bullshit fines before in the past such as 70k for an illegal firearms, whereas I've had much lower for more crimes in the past.

Tbh its hit and miss depends what cop you get and the mood there in, just try to be nice and it tends to work more in your favour. 

17 hours ago, Daniel said:

Regarding prison time I feel that 60 minutes is fine, Other servers normally have 60 minutes or higher, and my opinion of lowering it down to 30 minutes is too short.

Most servers that has more than 60 minutes always has an activity where you can lower the time by gathering said item and turning it in. This makes it not half as bad, but making it 60 minutes without any activities is just plainly stupid. Allow people to play and enjoy they're time not force them to afk due to no possibilities for rp in there.

4 hours ago, Matt Shade said:

If u cant wait 5 to 15 minutes for minor crimes u shouldn't do crimes...u shouldnt actually play roleplay because....in any rp scenario actions have consequences...irl if u kill 1 person u will get a 20 to 30 years.

@^ethan 40-50 minutes lock is too low because poeple might escape us and evade us with 20xmanslaughter+maybe a hm treseasury robbery so being able to send them in for only 40 or 50 mins isnt reasonable the minum would be 60 minutes...i dont think there should be punishment higher that 60 minutes but thats just me.

@to every1 why are you guys just saying "im glad im not the only one

My suggestion is implementing fix amount of jail time for each crime ex:manslaughter 5 minutes for each count(applies only for 2 or more manslaughter charges),alternative punishment ticket based on the pns.I would make a sheet but i am at work i ll see if i can do it in my brake.

You seriously don’t get it do you? “Don’t do crimes” it’s part of the civ role, without it the police would have nothing to do and the police faction would be useless. When we get sent to jail, not only do we have 10+ minutes In the PD restrained, doing nothing but then if we have a 40-50 minute jail sentence... doing nothing! It turns out we log on a game for nearly an hour doing absolutely fuck all... it’s not even like it’s metropolis (modded arma) where last night I stole a car and got put in jail for 35 then where I was trying to break out etc cops ended up putting extra time and before I knew it I was out (2 hours later) but I didn’t mind as there was people (both civ and cops) to talk to and interact with the whole time which made it fun asf tbh.

the point is, when you’re released you need to run 1km+ to the nearest garage (as there isn’t a atm at the bank atm) then travel all the way to rebel then regear then you can go back and cause havoc. losing your gear etc is a punishment alone in my opinion and a jail sentence no matter how many manslaughters etc shouldn’t be more than 40 mins I’m my opinion as I don’t know about others but it makes me afk / log out depending on the time given...

When I arrest someone with several hundred k's in bounty and they act like a dick they better believe they are gonna get a long time in jail. Lowering the limit literally promotes crime and makes people not care about their actions, it's an RP server you're not gonna get 10 years in jail for 5+ manslaughters

Edit; make a paragraph in the handbook with suggested prison times, e.g.

<100k bounty but can't pay the ticket - <10

100k bounty - <15 mins

200k bounty - <20 mins

300k bounty - <30 mins

400k bounty - <40 mins

500k bounty - <50 mins

600k bounty - <60 mins

1 mil+ - <90 mins

etcetc

ALSO, this will vary depedning on what crimes that the person has comitted, if i catch someone with only non-violent crimes but a bounty of lets say, 300k they most likely arent gonna get 30 mins. 

Edited by Knasen

@Abdul_ the interaction could be fixed by allowing police to spawn at doc(prison) and or moving it closer to kavala or and being only able to arest at prison.

And or implementing a DOC(departament of corection unit).We dont need to lower jail times.

Edited by Matt Shade

2 minutes ago, Matt Shade said:

@Abdul_ the interaction could be fixed by allowing police to spawn at doc and or moving it closer to kavala or and being only able to arest at prison.

And or implementing a DOC(departament of corection unit).We dont need to lower jail times.

We play this game to have fun, not afk and waste 60-80 min depending on how long ur in cuffs and in jail...

18 hours ago, Daniel said:

It all just depends on if you're RPing with the officer. Throwing insults or negatively insulting the officer, or breaking a law while getting arrested can increase your prison time. However, it just depends on whether you are RPing with the officer as they should reward your roleplay. So if you feel your jail sentence was unjustified @Abdul_then send evidence to the appropriate people.

If you RP you're using your right of being silence,  they take it as "Refuses to roleplay" and just do whatever they want to due to being annoyed and they dont like the roleplay.

I experienced, a cop crushing and sending me to prison for 10 minutes without giving me my ticket option first which were 100k in total for all my crimes JUST because I refused to talk and use my right to be silence.

And insulting a cop increases the prison time...?  you are being charged of specific stuff... what could increase prison time A TINY BIT. If you insult them very bad they can be charged: Verbal Assault

as it is an aditional crime onto the others.  which may add A TINY different on the sentence

The sentence should not be different how you roleplay with the officer, if your being charged of something, thats it, the cop shall not expand your sentence because he didnt like or feels like it aint enough roleplay. If your being charged with avaiding police, your vehicle should not get crushed, but inpounded.

If you refuse to talk the ticket shall not extend the normal price of avaiding police or you shall not be sent to prison without given the option to pay a ticket.

Roleplay comes first correct, but a cop is not the one to choose whether its good enough to take unnessecary actions.

Edited by MatthewMankeyDarhk