Harry Lewis

New HUD Suggestions! Have your say

Do you want to advertise here? Have a youtube channel you're looking to promote? even your gang page? Contact Neo on Discord or email us

Hoggie:

Can we please move the muted sound / car seat to the bottom or left hand side and make it smaller please. It's kinda annoying it being centre right , would work better if it was smaller and in the bottom left or right - Hoggie

Make it so we can move our phone to have it everywhere we want instead in the middle of the screen. Maybe to be able to choose where you wanna have your HUD aswell like top left buttom right etc

I've hidden a couple of non-constructive posts to keep this streamlined.

Custom colours 

Where, What on, What For, etc?

Keep it small and simple 

It currently is, what needs to change, thats the point of this thread.

25 minutes ago, Bauwsix said:

Right know I feel like the 2 biggest problems with the HUD are disproportions, and overall graphics design. In this screenshot below, you see the default ArmA hud with vehicle information & weapon information (highlighted with red border). At the bottom you see the current reborn HUD as it is and you can straight off see how disproportionate it is. If you're going to change the HUD i'd suggest you keep it within the blackbar area so it looks inplace. As for the overall design of the HUD, keep it minimalistic & simple, so it looks nice and serves its purpose correctly.

J6vM99u.jpg

hombre +1

It sound quite silly, but when I make frag montages I quite like for my black bars to cut off the HUD, which it currently doesn't unless I want my black bars to cover 3/5 of the screen

edit: heinesen took the words out my mouth ❤️

Edited by Nicole xx

Just now, Scott McTavish said:

Could have something like this

c136403bf99196dc4d8ac075de8c2d01.png

Bit like exile though

looks Good ngl

26 minutes ago, Scott McTavish said:

Could have something like this

c136403bf99196dc4d8ac075de8c2d01.png

Bit like exile though

Like that a lot, never played exile so idk if it's too similar.

2 minutes ago, STeFFeX said:

too much information imo

We could make a phone setting to which you want to see.

3 hours ago, Bauwsix said:

Right know I feel like the 2 biggest problems with the HUD are disproportions, and overall graphics design. In this screenshot below, you see the default ArmA hud with vehicle information & weapon information (highlighted with red border). At the bottom you see the current reborn HUD as it is and you can straight off see how disproportionate it is. If you're going to change the HUD i'd suggest you keep it within the blackbar area so it looks inplace. As for the overall design of the HUD, keep it minimalistic & simple, so it looks nice and serves its purpose correctly.

J6vM99u.jpg

erm normal people don't have black bars.....

46 minutes ago, Bauwsix said:

Black bars are only to demonstrate a symmetrical example, of what the UI should look like. I dont play with blackbars mate

so why does the UI have to be in the black bars then? doesnt make a difference if its in the black bars.

Could we have a toggleable HUD? Functioning in the same way as the compass etc?  The design wouldnt matter as much then as it'd only be seen as and when need. We already have audio and visual cues for most effects  your experiencing (Hunger, damage, reloading guns when hearing the dead mans click).

I get having the HUD when youre using Arma as a wargame, its essential, to an extent.. For Altis life, I just dont think its needed as badly.

12 hours ago, Aquaman said:

so why does the UI have to be in the black bars then? doesnt make a difference if its in the black bars.

You guys are taking the blackbars too literally. The blackbars are only to show the area, of which I think the UI should be placed within. Think of the blackbars not even being there.