Albiston

Private TS channel

Personally I don't agree with having to pay £100+ to get a private channel in the ts. I'd rather have it be £10-£25. I know that it is only a perk for donating your money out of free will but £100 is rather expensive, leading me to suggest a lower donation price for the privilege.

Do you want to advertise here? Have a youtube channel you're looking to promote? even your gang page? Contact Neo on Discord or email us
1 minute ago, Paul D said:

You're not specifically paying to get TS channels, you're paying to support the server and you get the perks as a part of that. If you want free channels just make a gang with some people as civ and get gang channels

I know that it's a reward for supporting the server, I said that in my post, I simply just want the reward to be at a lower price.

Or buy your own Teamspeak for a much lower price if you want somewhere private. Majority of people that have donated a lot of money is because they are supporting the server and a ts channel is just a bonus. Also if it was 10 quid for a channel then we'd have a shit ton of random ass channels on the ts. It would also be harder for me to find @Connor Bensonand spam him if that was the case.

2 minutes ago, PaulS said:

Or buy your own Teamspeak for a much lower price if you want somewhere private. Majority of people that have donated a lot of money is because they are supporting the server and a ts channel is just a bonus. Also if it was 10 quid for a channel then we'd have a shit ton of random ass channels on the ts. It would be harder for me to find @Connor Bensonand spam him if that was the case.

I mean, or you could just CTRL + F and search Connor Benson.... smelly sausage.

In all honesty it doesn't have to be £10 maybe £25 maybe £50. £100 is just to expensive for something that as you said you can get much cheaper. I know it's a bonus for a players generousity to the server but I feel that the bonus should be lowered as £100 is very pricey and not many people can afford to donate that much

1 minute ago, Albiston said:

In all honesty it doesn't have to be £10 maybe £25 maybe £50. £100 is just to expensive for something that as you said you can get much cheaper. I know it's a bonus for a players generousity to the server but I feel that the bonus should be lowered as £100 is very pricey and not many people can afford to donate that much

Yeah but then people don't have to donate the £100 your not paying for the channel your paying to help the server. If people want a channel then just make a gang with friends like @PaulSsaid.

Just now, Kydan Sadler said:

Yeah but then people don't have to donate the £100 your not paying for the channel your paying to help the server. If people want a channel then just make a gang with friends like @PaulSsaid.

I know that your not paying for the channel so you don't have to keep telling me!!! I was simply suggesting to lower the private ts channel bonus to a lower value because for someone to donate £100+ they have to be rather wealthy as it is and I don't feel that the bonus reward shouldn't be that much

18 hours ago, Albiston said:

Personally I don't agree with having to pay £100+ to get a private channel in the ts. I'd rather have it be £10-£25. I know that it is only a perk for donating your money out of free will but £100 is rather expensive, leading me to suggest a lower donation price for the privilege.

We have VERY LIMITED ways in which we can reward donators.. that's why having a private channel is an exclusive club.

I'll expand my answer

If I gave a channel for £10 or £20, is this for a year?????

What the hell do Supporters get for their massively generous donation?

You need to see it from our perspective. We can't "sell" anything... It is arguable that getting a channel for a donation is a purchase as you get something out of it. This affects most large ArmA communities. We can't give anything ingame for a donation, Bohemias strict monetization rules stop that.

But you also got to take into consideration that whilst we all play on the server for free , the server still needs paying for and that i itself doesn't come cheap, I have to disagree with what you saying for the fact that you pay that money to help keep the community alive and the sever as you can't keep expecting fuel and Neo to brunt the costs so we can all have s free life and they can't exactly charge people to play

I can understand that yeah the perks might not be a lot but something is better than nothing and also if you factor in for that £100 you that room for a while lol year and if you pay £200 then you have that room for as long as the server lives and if you where's to say get you own TS you looking at 1/3 more for the year and even more than £200 in the long run

2 hours ago, Neo said:

If I gave a channel for £10 or £20, is this for a year?????

I like that you've brought this up because it's made me rethink my idea and that maybe smaller tier donations can have a private ts channel for a lower amount of time.

ive done the math so for every £8.33 donation past let's say £20, gets rewarded with a private ts channel for an extra month. £20 being for 2-3months default.

£28.33 +1 month

£36.66 +2 months

£49.99 +3 months

and so on...

2 hours ago, Neo said:

What the hell do Supporters get for their massively generous donation?

You have also brought up a good point here too. My suggestion to tackle this problem would be to have supporters have their own section of ts (like they do now) and then have a separate section of the ts for gold donaters. This way supporters can still show off their generosity and pride to the server without being mixed with lower tier donations.

2 hours ago, Neo said:

It is arguable that getting a channel for a donation is a purchase as you get something out of it

I'd have to disagree with your opinion here simply because i feel like it is the server giving a little extra to the players in its community that spend their own money to support the server

If I may way in, I kind of see where both sides are coming from being a gold donator myself.

From what I understand the arguments are thusly:

Server side:

The server needs money to run and ts channels are merely a reward for making a generous donation

Albiston: lowering the amount to qualify for the reward may encourage more people to donate.

6 hours ago, Albiston said:

I'd have to disagree with your opinion here simply because i feel like it is the server giving a little extra to the players in its community that spend their own money to support the server

This is why it's arguable. XD

6 hours ago, Albiston said:

ive done the math so for every £8.33 donation past let's say £20, gets rewarded with a private ts channel for an extra month. £20 being for 2-3months default.

£28.33 +1 month

£36.66 +2 months

£49.99 +3 months

As someone previously said, people can have a whole Teamspeak for that, I know it's being part of the community and I appreciate that, but unless I work on some method of automation, which will take time and resources, Its a lot to keep track of and maintain.