1080 GPU Max arma fps

Rambo

I'm currently at work and having a debate with a friend with my setup I get 50-60 FPS when the server is full and I haven't got a 1080 etc... he is saying that when he gets his PC up and running with his new 1080 he will easily have over 130 FPS when the server is full. Im wondering if anyone who currently has a 1080 can shed any light on what kind of fps they receive whilst running it on ultra settings

1 minute ago, Sage said:

No one will be able to give you an accurate description as to what you can expect given that there is a lot more to Arma than just GPU utilization or lack there of.

I know Arma is mostly CPU and not GPU, I was just looking to see if anyone had any figures because I don't want to lose money betting that he cant get more than 130fps :D

22 minutes ago, Rambo said:

I know Arma is mostly CPU and not GPU, I was just looking to see if anyone had any figures because I don't want to lose money betting that he cant get more than 130fps :D

130? Definitely could in certain areas. Not constantly above 130 though. I have a 5960x/980ti & I can get 150~ fps on a map that has very little added objects. Then in Kavala or a map that has a lot of added elements I get anything between 40-80. It's all on the CPU he is using tbh. If that doesn't change with him upgrading to the 1080 then he won't see much of a difference.

Edited by Sage