Community Service Officers/Volunteer Corps for Police

Thesoldier

This is part of a rehabilitation plan and also for underage recruiting.

Instead of ride alongs, and forcing players to AMS service.

I am proposing a volunteer rank to be introduced to the police. Before people say "RPUK Blueberry" I don't believe the name community support officer is "trademarked" but at the same time call it a Volunteer corps or whatever.

Players with a poor history of roleplay bans and/or underage players can become or be forced to become volunteers

CSO/Volunteer Rank has the standard abilities as every police officer, however restrictions will be put in place.

-Unarmed or possibly only armed with a taser pistol
-Cannot respond to bank jobs/HM
-Must patrol with a constable+ at all times

The idea this takes off the restriction on players having to go on ridealongs. This also supplements the police force with players who are willing to show roleplay or who are learning roleplay. This also gives a chance for those with poor roleplay related bans to give back to the server, and to see what it's like on the other side.

@Walt @chivs obviously if our developers entertained this idea, a separate training program would need to be completed.

I personally do like the idea of having this implemented regardless whether I'm actually in the police or not.

I think it would be quite nice for people who are underage (of 16) to still be able to join the police without feeling like they must lie about their age or be disappointed when told to have to find a SGT+ (who might not particularly enjoy the idea of spending their evening taking someone around with them) just to be able to play their favourite video game.

Would definitely be something nice to consider, I think =)

Good idea, TheSoldier.

+1 from me!

So basically you are taking a poor player and putting him in a whitelisted faction. Although he may not have the same access as other officers do to weapons etc.. they will still downgrade the reputation of the police to the people who are new to the server. You are then also asking alot more from the PTO's to deal with such players who "Have a history of poor roleplay and bans" they will become tired of dealing with such people and this will show when training other officers.

-1 from me

13 minutes ago, Rambo said:

So basically you are taking a poor player and putting him in a whitelisted faction. Although he may not have the same access as other officers do to weapons etc.. they will still downgrade the reputation of the police to the people who are new to the server. You are then also asking alot more from the PTO's to deal with such players who "Have a history of poor roleplay and bans" they will become tired of dealing with such people and this will show when training other officers.

-1 from me

The only way sometimes a poor player improves is through learning. It takes a village to raise a child, also these would be for case by case basis. The actual main intended idea of this program is younger players. Instead of trying to ride along with a SGT and get recommendations, a younger player gets a chance right then and there to prove they can do the roleplay.

If they don't deliver, they don't join. If the person on community service doesn't deliver, they get banned again.

As a PTO, I only want to train people who want to be part of the Police, not people who are forced to be there. No one has to be in the Police - everyone who are in the Police want to be there - and they're people who want to complete their training, they're people who want to get involved, nothing is stopping them from leaving. Personally, I don't want to train people who have been forced there with a history of poor RP & bans - honestly if people have had a history of that then they should not even be on the server - they should go and play King of the Hill where they can shoot anything that moves or breathes. I don't want to be dealing with RDM and fail RP with these CSO's. I think that they would taint the image of the Police and drag down standards. So I'd -1 the CSO's with poor RP and ban history - as the main whitelist faction (& AMS) people will judge how good the server is on the basis of how well behaved the Police is - that's a fact. If Police have poor RP, and is full of RDM'ers, no one will want to play on the server, as Altis Life is basically "cops and robbers". As with the idea of CSO's that are under 16, I think that's a great idea, so +1 on that idea.