Crusader

Gang Base Ideas

Just decided to make a few base designs with all them changing and some people complaining how they are.

Please feel free to leave and criticism and suggestions.

Base 1:

kRECDIDNpimAFgc6o3lynvu7v56wHQGs1YkkvMJHRPzSUF3AIYrUY2PKfeD0V3jJhXPot6tTG4v4rJnIWA-r3NjqQk7qHPokgIAwioGzNfuqqLpoaZS4N4mWrYqivokaC1qnjxfAzfSxSNoXU2OANgoDHS2_5UMUzO31TQovcCfDggEZlfGuMnHb6-yvs29-_unhXMouxde3X9EzsFIukF-az-1gRdpHU1-Jb6h5sm8AH59giiJuyCJxvrP7dhGkg31fqkAG3WtrVDC2

The base design is a mix of high military walls and small H-Barriers (Sandbags)

The base has 5 structures: 1 Cargo HQ and 4 Cargo Posts (Deerstands)

The base features 1 helicopter spawn point, 2 ground vehicle spawn points.

The bases front gate has 2 posts ether side for defending. The sandbags can be jumped over (I think) so that pushing forces have other ways into the base.

Base 2:

K9CYdInykGobL3zv80mOxWCuadaxWDjbAyb6cN3qoPbEMfSSvFUQIrlDpqVx7YJw9-M9ZEVrbLOhZ4XaI3qEUQhIGLn33YbZGLbUA0MZPi-oHfYJLTty1PT3O2rX2_YCA_xAxoQD9evNpoW7_tWPw6J6pmfb7q0zA-xY4RK_VSpHwJxqf7YBQJUuaY6SanW_LQJ65gbicsK_7_-ZMgOTVgfmAqTa3huzbhx0pArZ-IpW_sBwIAAE6fC3lKNQpwLMRevLWo0veGtxTCF0

The base design is a mix of small sandbags and high sandbags

The base has 7 structures: 4 Sandbag Watchtowers, 2 Cargo Posts / Deerstands and 1 Cargo HQ.

The base features 1 helicopter spawn point, 2 ground vehicle spawn points.

The base is heavily defensive due to the 4 watchtowers on each corner plus the 2 deerstands at the entrance to the base.

The inner sandbag walls surrounding the HQ have ramps, allowing them to be got onto.

Base 3:

79CGj0yIRU3zFovnWKetGbsM1LM2o66cGI2eB4BWo-JaYbp3Utp58nU6XjV6WZeM4wwQKvz5p3JiouY1jlhwYsgdvo8AIAME5gLxQ5mW0OAZaGkq8HK_Li7ssikM2uPQRpmQrKKj

Featuring a similar design to Base 2, the base is primarily sandbag walls, both higher and lower, with high military walls protecting the 4 deerstands.

The base has 10 structures: 4 deerstands, 5 Sandbag watchtowers and 1 HQ.

The base has 2 spawn points, 1 helicopter and 1 ground vehicle.

Although the base has many structures, both internal and external walls are small sandbag walls, allowing opposing forces to attack from all directions.

Base 4:

ibeyXt8B62kSH9zorRFkKTENHcZBCX8wqjsCGDi59rL3TA9zP5tw5Vke3bmNg7SqZhMsrv4Dzp-lUa3gmiRi7B6I0wnsmHdzwIOHZmWNuuXjY03iKB6OZJ59ZNJMBhCeo4nRvsQG

This bases walls are only sandbag walls, both higher and lower.

The base has 4 structures: 1 Cargo Tower (DMT) and 3 sandbag watchtowers.

The base has 2 vehicle spawns: 1 helicopter and 1 ground.

The tower has the vendor inside.

Base 5:

c1Sfn3rkpjI-PzQG3GDS98Je35ZUqBYEwMG3s-7nTo5x8lktZSlRxqjnYUYZhzA2MIOfuX3NPAUihD1O60Q17LdrQR3812l4j9ohJCC2mfYLY25PE4IGOvBw2arjmHGQyhesZ8iAyR6megERuf3fwcSPynlYZ4oh2HXku_rOIp8A0XYx85R7pXAjPAkGrETe_mD91NDe7RUitNhDu0j-H20RdIh5NP-2Us-iAyUAdunw0D950E2KXAUNPoAfuILN-aWZW33JsMpNxgq3

The base is made from sandbag walls, higher and lower.

The base has 6 structures: 4 Deerstands, 1 DMT and 1 HQ.

The 4 deerstands give full coverage of the surrounding area and the tower provides an even larger coverage.

The base has 2 vehicle spawns: 1 helicopter and 1 ground.

The frontal deerstand has also an inner low sandbag wall to protect against pushing vehicles coming from the entrance.

I attempted to balance out each base design by giving both defending and attacking strengths and weaknesses.

If you want to play around with my designs or change them around, feel free to download the mission.sqf file from the link below.

https://workupload.com/file/5c3NhBT - The mission.sqf file is for the bases to be loaded into the Virtual Reality map.

https://workupload.com/file/JLW8ZSS - The mission.sqf file is for the bases to be loaded onto Altis.

Both links will take you to workupload where you can download the files directly.

To put the mission.sqf files into your arma 3 profile then follow the steps below:

1. Download the mission.sqf file from the link.
  2. After it has downloaded, open your downloads folder on your pc.
  3. From the downloads folder, move the file to your arma 3 missions folder within your documents. VtmvV1vyogeQkQZ8AtVsi_mmHWpIXdn0-6sADhX5o8sXrHYKKu87gsYvvcDLEvifKf0xSTf60hLnhV1RhAZRL0FFJgJJg9mknST1ZfNx6RyR7CtIW1O5J4-rl4Lv5CF4HsUCO4gb
  4. Then create a folder called "Gangbase.Altis" or "Gangbase.VR" depending on which one you are downloading. dU7adMdGsuM7Uc2KW0pXpBX_d8dWL09_V7DSdwj8_DtWsz2i7gCTfvEjCQN6PsNR2M-JgsFcmf1wnN0IV3tv4G7pQ55JSsWIAIGG3By3qfw7drg1IjKw6A6y_p3LQJ-GBo77sOB-
  5. Then place the mission.sqf file into the folder.

Note: If you use another profile in arma 3, then follow the same steps but put in it the other profiles folder. olTbyHGFbCQfzODlYTXT6OdSRh7aH3of1ckbb5PpWXFhQc_MQZJxn1LIBlPn7k6Z7_l8andmwpMw-GjtNT4VWEQMTC2XhgZJP9IL1cjHvqNZiqvkTk4p39oArY8223hqb9yunTHE

1 hour ago, ^Ryyyy said:

Not a fan of base 3

How so?

1 hour ago, ^Ryyyy said:

i like the idea of smaller sand bags to promote more areas to push from.

Instead of blocking off a full area with high walls and making it near impossible to successfully push without 30 ifrits, it actually makes things fun for both sides and makes it challenging.

1 minute ago, Viktor Immanov said:

Base 1 looks sick i like the idea of high walls and some low ones that can be jumped over.

Thanks, trying to get a balance for good combat.

3 minutes ago, Viktor Immanov said:

base 4 is a bit boring tbh not much going on

I thought a smaller base might be a good idea as gang bases dont really need to be massive.

5 minutes ago, Viktor Immanov said:

but good job i like it +1

Ty

6 hours ago, Slice said:

I like the overal design, not a fan of the "jump over" locations. It's a base for a reason, they shouldn't be easy to push nor easy to just get into.

I completely understand that the bases need to be secure, but my opinion is that the bases need to have some sort of advantages and disadvantages for both people who are defending and people who are attacking, otherwise the defenders would all sit at the entrance waiting for people to come in.

6 hours ago, Slice said:

other then that perfect designs.

Cheers

6 hours ago, Slice said:

Lewie.

You can't even make one comment without being cringy can you?

Ty for the feedback

i love the fact people are making bases, but symmetrical bases, as good looking as they are are near fucking impossible to push aha, you need a base with a weak side or with a corridor you can work your way up,

just think, could this base be slammed / hot dropped somewhere and the attackers would have a very small safe area? if its a yes, its gonna be a good base. but if you cant even get near to the walls without getting shot, not gonna work

Base 4 is nice, but most people wont like the DMT, i don't see the issue with them but people will cry

Edited by Fury

2 hours ago, Fury said:

i love the fact people are making bases

ÔØñ´©Å

2 hours ago, Fury said:

i love the fact people are making bases, but symmetrical bases, as good looking as they are are near fucking impossible to push aha, you need a base with a weak side or with a corridor you can work your way up,

just think, could this base be slammed / hot dropped somewhere and the attackers would have a very small safe area? if its a yes, its gonna be a good base. but if you cant even get near to the walls without getting shot, not gonna work

I'd like to see a base that is possible to push, but is also easy to defend. With the bases I designed, I attempted to balance out the pros and cons for attacking and defending.

Ty for the feedback, ill do another one soon where I try and make it as balanced as possible

2 hours ago, Fury said:

Base 4 is nice

Cheers

2 hours ago, Fury said:

but most people wont like the DMT, i don't see the issue with them but people will cry

Yup, mainly tower lag when people push

Edited by Crusader