Increase Price of Tempest Device/Reduce Storage Space

WolfE

It's a rather simple suggestion, but I believe the Tempest Device should be increased in price or have it's stats slightly modified.

Currently, the HEMTT Box is pretty much useless. The Tempest Device makes the run much, much faster - a ridiculous amount of time is saved because of the Tempest's gathering ability, in a HEMTT you can do more in one run, but it takes much longer to fill the truck making it virtually pointless.

There's no reason to buy the HEMTT Box over the Tempest Device meaning that a lot of trucks aren't being used at all.

If the price of the Tempest Device was increased it'd be a much riskier run making people use the other trucks over it. You could also potentially change the fuel drain rate or potential storage space. If the storage space was reduced, it'd be a viable option for large gangs with a Tempest Device and multiple HEMTTs.

I disagree. I enjoy the way pricing works in this server in how it's nice and cheep, makes it different to other servers as well. I believe that trucks like a tempest being cheeper will give people more enjoyment to what they can buy as they can get it faster, as that's one of the trucks you need to give yourself good money. I'm not saying that it should be cheeper than it already is, just keeping everything the same like how it's going now seems absolutely fine to me. I also don't think any modifications should be put in place for the storage of the tempest either as it is the 2nd most expensive truck from the HEMTT box, and the automation for mining makes it fair as it wastes a lot of fuel when using it, and also has less space than the box. The only things that should be expensive is helicopters/planes such as the blackfish etc and rebel equipment which is already like that. So I don't think a change it needed because of that and also the server seems to be going well economy wise so I don't think making the device more expensive will help, just makes it more frustrating for people like me.

Edited by Liam Joseph
Added more stuff
5 hours ago, Skyzzem said:

Just because youre police doesnt mean you have to get us fucking broke

It's not for my own benefit, it's to balance the server and stop people earning a fuck ton in a short amount of time. There's no reason to use any truck other than the Tempest Device unless you can't afford it meaning a large proportion of the server's vehicles aren't being used. When patrolling all I see are Tempest Devices, Zamaks and Box Trucks. I very rarely see the HEMTT or Tempest Variants and frankly it's a waste.

16 hours ago, Liam Joseph said:

I disagree. I enjoy the way pricing works in this server in how it's nice and cheep, makes it different to other servers as well. I believe that trucks like a tempest being cheeper will give people more enjoyment to what they can buy as they can get it faster, as that's one of the trucks you need to give yourself good money. I'm not saying that it should be cheeper than it already is, just keeping everything the same like how it's going now seems absolutely fine to me. I also don't think any modifications should be put in place for the storage of the tempest either as it is the 2nd most expensive truck from the HEMTT box, and the automation for mining makes it fair as it wastes a lot of fuel when using it, and also has less space than the box. The only things that should be expensive is helicopters/planes such as the blackfish etc and rebel equipment which is already like that. So I don't think a change it needed because of that and also the server seems to be going well economy wise so I don't think making the device more expensive will help, just makes it more frustrating for people like me.

You don't see. Just because the HEMTT holds more, doesn't mean it's more efficient. Oh no! Fuel? That's something that costs something like 11k to fill the Tempest up - not exactly a whole lot considering the amount of money you make in the much shorter amount of time. Getting vehicles too quickly is bad. There needs to be progression and variation otherwise people won't want to play as they have nothing they want (Other than the Jets and Blackfish that, to most, is a lot of time spent to get something that they'll most likely not use).

It may seem annoying to everyone - making things more expensive is no happy thing but it's needed if you want to make the server balanced. There's a reason on 99% of servers the Tempest Device is an absolute fuckton.