Remove decamping script

Thesoldier

Decampt script. This is such a game changer. For something this major for the gameplay I believe a community vote should be made regarding it. Remove or keep it. I know a lot of people are against it and I know very few that support it. I do not see a reason why we would not have a vote regarding this. With the recent discovery of a known glitch to remove the decamp script just makes it even worse. In order to win a close up decamp fight you are almost forced to exploit since most people are doing it.

9 minutes ago, AndrewFam said:

I think its a joke that every time someone suggests it the suggestion just gets closed. This should have been voted on ages ago not just denied by a low amount of people that think its a good addition to the server.

288aa97029cc9cdf6ee38cc1331eb658.png

All of these attempts were all completely denied without any reasoning apart from "Decamping is bad. We do not want it".

I believe it is time for a vote. It is clear that there is a very big interest in this vote.

Edited by Cool
21 minutes ago, Cool said:

288aa97029cc9cdf6ee38cc1331eb658.png

All of these attempts were all completely denied without any reasoning apart from "Decamping is bad. We do not want it".

I believe it is time for a vote. It is clear that there is a very big interest in this vote.

Well if you continue I will put it back to the old system, I did give a reason about 5000 times, its to stop people like you from exploiting, I do not want people spraying people whilst climbing out of a vehicle, how about roleplay not drive round people in circles until they reload.

IT WILL NOT BE REMOVED.

2 minutes ago, Fuel said:

Well if you continue I will put it back to the old system, I did give a reason about 5000 times, its to stop people like you from exploiting, I do not want people spraying people whilst climbing out of a vehicle, how about roleplay not drive round people in circles until they reload.

IT WILL NOT BE REMOVED.

But Decamping is within arma? were not going to roleplay whilst we are in combat there is no need for us to decamp if were not in combat surely?

IT WILL NOT BE REMOVED.

So during mid bank and there is a cop outside my car and he is shooting at my ifrit, he reloads so i jump out you want me to just say "hows your day officer"

5 minutes ago, Fuel said:

IT WILL NOT BE REMOVED.

Regardless of what you might think of me. What is the reason that we can not have a vote regarding this?

1 minute ago, Cool said:

You made a feedback thread asking for feedback. I provide feedback and ask a question and my response is deleted?

The decamping script is not part of the recent update which is the purpose of this thread. If you wish to continue that discussion please PM me a reasonable proposal with a request for a community vote and I will forward it to the staff leads for review.

@Nexo The y menu is a work in progress, and being developed.

2 minutes ago, Thesoldier said:

The decamping script is not part of the recent update which is the purpose of this thread. If you wish to continue that discussion please PM me a reasonable proposal with a request for a community vote and I will forward it to the staff leads for review.

@Nexo The y menu is a work in progress, and being developed.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12056111/r that community vote

With regards to a decamp script, it is only people that are known for preferring gun fights over any sort of credible roleplay, (in before they start to ask people that RP to come on and say something), there will always be a decamp script, to stop people exploiting, variations of that script yes I am willing to look into, but other than that no it will not be removed, with regards to the Y menu as stated in the dev blog only a work in progress already started work on a new one.

With regards to a decamp script, it is only people that are known for preferring gun fights over any sort of credible roleplay, (in before they start to ask people that RP to come on and say something), there will always be a decamp script, to stop people exploiting, variations of that script yes I am willing to look into, but other than that no it will not be removed, with regards to the Y menu as stated in the dev blog only a work in progress already started work on a new one.

Then if i may ask, to get this confirmed thoose people seen "cheating" their way around the decamp script as of today and now, is that seen as exploiting, and can they be punished for it?

I've seen a few people do it, but to be honest, what i hear is that when you try and solve it, with the community helpers, the "suspect" gets a slap on the wrist , and the next day he keeps doing it agian.

With the recent addition of new weapons for the police, I believe a total rebalance of all weapons/gear/vests would be beneficial for the server. The majority of weapons and gear for rebels are totally unbalanced at the moment based on how effective they are. Especially the price of 7.62's, magnification scopes and silencers. There's also a bunch of gear which could be added to make being a rebel more customizable, such as carrier lites, raven vests and some of the military helmets. I would be more than happy to help with this, having made the gear sheets for Altis horizon.

Edited by Pe7e
17 hours ago, Fuel said:

How does a decamp script help roleplay? If you have a decamp script it makes fights harder and roleplay the same. If you want to roleplay im sure you can do it without a decamp timer, it ruins the use of MRAPs to acctually make them a huge threat. If you get out of one whilst in combat, you are a standing potato and can't move (Its also very clunky) if you really want exploiting, im pretty sure every admin knows about the spam 'V' and it cancels the animation, which then makes it unfair for people who dont know about that?