Hoggie

Reason for gang bases change

Question

15 answers to this question

Less objects

No need for huge bases for weekly bidding

People constantly moaning about DMTs, either accusing people of lag switching/DPI or glitching through them, dying and pestering admins for a revive.

I can kinda get the less objects thingy in a way but at the same time I never really experiance bad frames in redone like the worst I might get is 30 which I'm fine with and most people I talk to think the same but It's understandable I guess but I definitely think the bases should all be changed from the watch tower stuff to deer stands 

The only reason we bet last minute is cause there’s no point bidding during the month if the final bid at the end of the night is all that matters?

Besides the fact u brought up the money sink, what about the gear per member loses? At least 1-3 mil on loadouts and then iffrits/hunters/striders/orcas potential lossess

12 hours ago, Fuel said:

They was not used as intended, there was no bidding done until the last day

Edited by Slice

12 minutes ago, Hoggie said:

Just a quick question , why were gang bases changed so much?

Because of them getting less objects → Better FPS whilst looking towards the area

17 minutes ago, Scott McTavish said:

Less objects

No need for huge bases for weekly bidding

Understandable

17 minutes ago, Scott McTavish said:

People constantly moaning about DMTs, either accusing people of lag switching/DPI or glitching through them, dying and pestering admins for a revive.

Don't know anyone that complained about the DMT's tbh , the compounds really weren't hard to push at all. Tower lags always been an issue with arma sadly , but yeah people should just put a comp request up if they die to an unfair death , due to tower lag.

Thanks for the response btw. 

the 2 main reasons

1. Less objects = better server performance.

2. They was not used as intended, there was no bidding done until the last day, when bases are going to 3 - 4 mil for a full gang not really a money sink as intended.

2 hours ago, Fuel said:

the 2 main reasons

2. They was not used as intended, there was no bidding done until the last day, when bases are going to 3 - 4 mil for a full gang not really a money sink as intended.

Change the min bid to 10 mil? People are forced to pay more for the base then

Edited by Sanik

2 hours ago, Fuel said:

the 2 main reasons

For me I never had frame rate issues within the redzone , I only found it bad In Kavala / when doing a HM.

But yeah that's understandable , would you be happy if people suggested some small changes on how the bases look etc?

51 minutes ago, Fuel said:

its not the FPS for players, its for the server FPS

as long as there is no huge buildings and not many items I dont care

Say for Example , 1 HQ building , 1 DMT and 2 deerstands? Would that be too much? Not expecting them to have the massive bank building and a large helipad dome , just a half decent compound.

15 minutes ago, Hoggie said:

Say for Example , 1 HQ building , 1 DMT and 2 deerstands? Would that be too much? Not expecting them to have the massive bank building and a large helipad dome , just a half decent compound.

no DMTs, gang bases now have deer stands, sorted.

1 minute ago, ^Ryyyy said:

get rid of the 3 dmts cammora have at checkpoint then, dont ever see gnags or mafias with DMTs so why do they have it and we dont?

you forgot to stamp your feet while typing that.