Brian Duncan

Rule Suggestion: Gang Initiation

For a long time now a lot of people have been getting fed up of being initiated by 1 person in 1 gang then getting shot by loads of guys from a different gangs and in my opinion it needs to stop... Can there be a rule were only gang members can shoot back if initiated and not just any rebel that knows them.. because at the moment being in the same ts room isn't very efficient, as people tend to hop down the channels really quick to avoid trouble when it comes to it..

Do you want to advertise here? Have a youtube channel you're looking to promote? even your gang page? Contact Neo on Discord or email us

+1 I'm getting 2 salty at 99% of the rebels on Reborn, since the only thing on their mind is frags.

Also - where does the line of hobo iniation go? Dont know how many times a hobo-looking dude with a MX jumps out and tries shooting me, and when he gets killed the whole of fecken *insert any gang here* comes around and starts blasting

This would be silly because what if two gangs wanted to work together? They'd be in the same fight right? You'd still shoot the other gang because you can't tell the difference between the two even though they're in the same group... working the on the same task... talking to the same people?

Forcing them to be in the same gang would make literally zero difference to your experience, the same thing would happen, but you'd just see a different gang under the names of some of them. Furthermore, this would be covered by the mask anyway so... why? It sounds to me like you're just complaining for the sake of complaining.

2 minutes ago, WolfE said:

This would be silly because what if two gangs wanted to work together? They'd be in the same fight right? You'd still shoot the other gang because you can't tell the difference between the two even though they're in the same group... working the on the same task... talking to the same people?

Forcing them to be in the same gang would make literally zero difference to your experience, the same thing would happen, but you'd just see a different gang under the names of some of them. Furthermore, this would be covered by the mask anyway so... why? It sounds to me like you're just complaining for the sake of complaining.

Have you played recently?

59 minutes ago, Brian Duncan said:

Have you played recently?

Funnily enough, yeah I have. But my point would still stand regardless. What're you trying to say?

1 hour ago, WolfE said:

+1 to this post by wolfE. If you were initiated on by one guy you would shoot at everyone in the area with a gun drawn. You have no idea who is apart of the gang and because they have their gun drawn in the middle of a gunfight they are a threat to you, so you should shoot them. 

31 minutes ago, sbondo1234 said:

+1 to this post by wolfE. If you were initiated on by one guy you would shoot at everyone in the area with a gun drawn. You have no idea who is apart of the gang and because they have their gun drawn in the middle of a gunfight they are a threat to you, so you should shoot them. 

But if i shoot someone with a gun who isn't in their gang, you know EXACTLY what happens "COMPCOCPMCMPCMOCCOMP COME TO TST TSTS TSTST S OR REPORT"

1 hour ago, WolfE said:

Funnily enough, yeah I have. But my point would still stand regardless. What're you trying to say?

That currently this is happening too much!

2 hours ago, WolfE said:

This would be silly because what if two gangs wanted to work together? 

if they really want to work together, they should be in one gang

Just now, OutSyder said:

if they really want to work together, they should be in one gang

That's a naive stance to take. What about gangs who want to consider themselves guns-for-hire and whatnot. Maybe someone is showing some new players the ropes of the server, a member of an established gang would've just invite anyone into the gang, that would be stupid because then they can easily fuck up the gang's reputation/abuse it's privileges e.g. gang houses. 

Right @Brian Duncan apart from the couple of gangs with uniforms, what difference would this make ingame in any gunfight?

unless you are admitting to metagaming, whether it as all 1 gang or 3 gang your fighting, should make no difference other than numbers, as 10 people in the same gang you still do not know they are in the same gang unless each member came and initiated separately.

so what actual difference does it make?

if you think they are doing dodgy shit report them, we have ts logs aswell as game logs.....

either way @PaulS you are the main rule guy, accept or deny at your pleasure.

On 5/9/2018 at 5:12 PM, WolfE said:

Someone with some sense +1 to this.

It makes zero difference what gang they are in. Gun out = KOS in the gunfight. The only way you could tell a difference is with the gangs with a uniform however not all of the people will wear it.

Gangs should not be working together. Getting killed with your gun out just fucks up your whole playing experience. You have to get a video comp go to re-gear, by that time I dont wnat to play anymore lmao.

Ill write a better reason why this suggestion will help give me a few.

6.1 RDM is when someone kills another without any form of roleplay, ie someone shoots someone without a single word said. 

How about we just enforce this rule instead? 

"You had a gun out" , "You was driving around in a active gunfight" or "We got shot at" is not a valid reason to kill someone you are not initiated with.

If you get shot without any form on initiation then its RDM, no excuses. We need to stop grey ruling everything.

I completely agree, even though there is no written rule for it, the "hidden rule" that you learn for experience by dying to 2 gangs at once should be removed and require separate initiation. The other day i was initiated by one mk 1 guy and next thing you know his buddies in camorra started laying out fire with their mx sw's.

it occurs at around 1:50, ignore my horrible driving skills.

Edited by Zerps

21 hours ago, Zerps said:

I completely agree, even though there is no written rule for it, the "hidden rule" that you learn for experience by dying to 2 gangs at once should be removed and require separate initiation. The other day i was initiated by one mk 1 guy and next thing you know his buddies in camorra started laying out fire with their mx sw's.

it occurs at around 1:50, ignore my horrible driving skills.

This happens almost every time you're in a gunfight.

With gang tags he can clearly see he killed the wrong gang and he was not initiated and can offer comp ect. But right now all he has to say is "you had a gun out in a fight" or "I got shot at" and he gets away with RDM lmao

Edited by 𝐁𝐨𝐛𝐛𝐲

39 minutes ago, 𝐁𝐨𝐛𝐛𝐲 said:

This happens almost every time you're in a gunfight.

With gang tags he can clearly see he killed the wrong gang and he was not initiated and can offer comp ect. But right now all he has to say is "you had a gun out in a fight" or "I got shot at" and he gets away with RDM lmao

Whether he had gang tags or not, he would have still been killed and then found to be in the gang. Just because he doesn't have [gang1] or whatever in front of his name doesn't decide whether he gets comp or not.

Just now, ^AndreW said:

Whether he had gang tags or not, he would have still been killed and then found to be in the gang. Just because he doesn't have [gang1] or whatever in front of his name doesn't decide whether he gets comp or not.

thats why i said 

On 5/14/2018 at 9:14 AM, 𝐁𝐨𝐛𝐛𝐲 said:

6.1 RDM is when someone kills another without any form of roleplay, ie someone shoots someone without a single word said. 

12 minutes ago, 𝐁𝐨𝐛𝐛𝐲 said:

thats why i said 

It is enforced within reason.

Anyway, that doesn’t clear up how dumb the first part I quoted was.

Edited by ^AndreW

On 5/14/2018 at 9:14 AM, 𝐁𝐨𝐛𝐛𝐲 said:

"You had a gun out" , "You was driving around in a active gunfight" or "We got shot at" is not a valid reason to kill someone you are not initiated with.

If you get shot without any form on initiation then its RDM, no excuses. We need to stop grey ruling everything.

@noms