More Civ slots

Jazz Cat

I know lets put the slots to 200 civs, seriously, its christmas holidays half price, there will always be a huge increase, we cant just up slots because more people want to connect, when the server is full, its full, you cant just increase slots every time you get full.

no we wont put up a second server, not yet anway.

See how it goes in a week or so, if we are still full we can look into other ways.

Wait for the holidays to be over.

2 hours ago, Fuel said:

I know lets put the slots to 200 civs, seriously, its christmas holidays half price, there will always be a huge increase, we cant just up slots because more people want to connect, when the server is full, its full, you cant just increase slots every time you get full.

no we wont put up a second server, not yet anway.

See how it goes in a week or so, if we are still full we can look into other ways.

Wait for the holidays to be over.

Well, cops have 30 slots, but there are never more then 20 online at one time. So you could move 10 slots from cop to civ.

I agree that we lately got alot of new players connecting.
But i think u guys also know that there are alot of RDM'ers VDM'ers around them.
I wont say all of them are trolling / screwing around. But lets be fair there are alot of them atm.
And ofcourse this has to do with the steam sale and the current holidays.
But i think if we are 2 weeks further that we will stick around 100 / 110 players atleast i hope.

About to change the slots of cops to civs.
I personly should not change that, We already have lately around 20 / 25 cops in de evening.
And some times we almost got the full 30 slots used.
Also the 30 slots are there to compensate the civs slots. So i dont think they should change that.

So i agree with Fuel to wait some time before they should do something.
Because we dont know how many players will stick around afther the holidays.

Upgrading slots for the server seem like a good idea at the moment. However, this is most likely due to the sales and lots of new people are trying out roleplaying server.

I think it would be a bit of a silly idea to upgrade any server slots as this may impact server stability, etc.

Its brilliant to see that the server is full... but 10 people can wait the 5-10 minutes to join the server... instead of opening up a 2nd server (that will probably Be unused after sales) or opening up more slots (that will be unused once the sale ends and people are banned).

-To elaborate on the "and people are banned" part... a lot of people use sales to bypass bans or to use a different identity (steam account) to cause trouble... plus you get a lot of trolls anyway.

23 hours ago, Fuel said:

^