Theo Wright

MPU to CMU - Where are they now? Your thoughts...

Do you want to advertise here? Have a youtube channel you're looking to promote? even your gang page? Contact Neo on Discord or email us
37 minutes ago, .ivy said:

pretty sure matthew made cmu what it was....

If it's @Mad_Matt you're talking about then yes, he made a lot of the most recent documents and ran the unit for quite some time. I am talking in reference to a year ago (May 2017) so you may not have been here, but by no means am I claiming I made MPU / CMU what it is today xD. I would be interested to hear what you think of the proposal though :) 

Edited by Theo Wright

30 minutes ago, Theo Wright said:

If it's @Mad_Matt you're talking about then yes, he made a lot of the most recent documents and ran the unit for quite some time. I am talking in reference to a year ago (May 2017) so you may not have been here, but by no means am I claiming I made MPU / CMU what it is today xD. I would be interested to hear what you think of the proposal though :) 

they should make you chief again lol

I sort of agree to this, making the unit for everyone or certain ranks could change how the unit works now, or possibly making the unit great again. But it will defiantly make a change and a change is what we need in the unit 

2 hours ago, Theo Wright said:

no madmatt did fuck all he gave up with CMU and left matthew to do it all.

10 hours ago, 🔥merky said:

no madmatt did fuck all he gave up with CMU and left matthew to do it all.

Matthew made a friend group for players who he like and people in SFU, which is why I left, that’s the whole reason CMU died, it turned into a friend group and then the chief got banned so nothing was done about it and there was no chief for a while so it was just a ton of people running around with mxsw 100 rnd, Carrier rig and wetsuits

On 09/04/2018 at 6:05 PM, Theo Wright said:

no Matthew the ex chief he made all the documents and pnc from what i heard

1 hour ago, .ivy said:

no Matthew the ex chief he made all the documents and pnc from what i heard

I’m not quite sure the ins and outs of the unit recently, but perhaps we have heard different things! :P 

But this brings me back to my opening statement:

On 09/04/2018 at 3:55 PM, Theo Wright said:

thanks to all the previous chiefs and other members working on the unit we have a fully formed structure

There have been a lot of people working on the unit for a hell of a long time, trying to make it the best it can be and trying to revive a system which a lot of people don’t have a demand for in the police (sadly).

Legislation of the hand book has been moulded and changed from the very start (here is the handbook that was originally made by both Squid and myself in about May last year if you’re interested: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1m8sgOF-54it7BDiAyYTaxVPJx-8PGpzPCzdakK_C6mA).

I appreciate everybody who has tried their best to make CMU a great unit. Mad_Matt, Matthew and everybody else that has done work! However, it’s important to understand how long the unit has been around and how many people have tried to make it the best it can possibly be. In the grand scheme of things, the unit is something that has been passed on as the activity always slumps, and this is something that my proposal may be able to fix.

@.ivy I would be really interested to hear what you think about the proposal as you seem to be somewhat passionate about the unit itself :).

Edited by Theo Wright

Just putting my 2 cents in. Most of you saying Matthew made all the documents and saying he made it what it was (btw I'm not saying Matthew didn't do a good job I think he did a brilliant one) join in 2018. You didn't get to see how enjoyable MPU was back then and how it went from having little to nothing to the bases to everything they got now I.E mxsw and the mini gun. So in my opinion they was the best days for MPU. Because the unit or tho not having much was fun and active. And this isn't here to shit on Matthew he did a great job with unit. Anyway won't be replying to anyone because I can't be arsed also good idea Theo best of luck.

Edited by sargryan12

6 hours ago, Theo Wright said:

@.ivy I would be really interested to hear what you think about the proposal as you seem to be somewhat passionate about the unit itself :).

not really i dont even play the server just know that matthew never stopped talking about cmu

Just get rid of it imo, sorry to say its just a useless unit 99.9% of the time, i have never even seen it being used for the HM Prison breakouts and thats only 1.2km away.

If we had Tanoa Life then it would be quite useful but on Altis we add water based things, move water based things around and still close to zero activity.

Let it have a graceful retirement.

7 hours ago, Scott McTavish said:

Just get rid of it imo, sorry to say its just a useless unit 99.9% of the time, i have never even seen it being used for the HM Prison breakouts and thats only 1.2km away.

If we had Tanoa Life then it would be quite useful but on Altis we add water based things, move water based things around and still close to zero activity.

Let it have a graceful retirement.

There is no CMU equipment shop at kavala only a boat shop. If your were to add the same shop that is at CMU/NPAS HQ that lets CMU memebers get nato wetsuits and Cartier rigs , rebreather and so on it would be used more for prison 

14 minutes ago, Szplit said:

There is no CMU equipment shop at kavala only a boat shop. If your were to add the same shop that is at CMU/NPAS HQ that lets CMU memebers get nato wetsuits and Cartier rigs , rebreather and so on it would be used more for prison 

When we had the off-shore prison and eveyrone had access to basic wetsuits etc it hardly ever got used then.

@Scott McTavish the only reason we don't use them for HM Prison breakouts is that we can not access rebreathers at the clothing store in kavala PD so we have to go all the way to CMU HQ to get the rebreathers and by the time were there with boats the Prison is over

1 hour ago, Scott McTavish said:

When we had the off-shore prison and eveyrone had access to basic wetsuits etc it hardly ever got used then.

Yes everyone has access to a CSAT wetsuit but that’s it , No rebreather no CMU gear.

1 hour ago, Steph Curry said:

@Scott McTavish the only reason we don't use them for HM Prison breakouts is that we can not access rebreathers at the clothing store in kavala PD so we have to go all the way to CMU HQ to get the rebreathers and by the time were there with boats the Prison is over

^^^ +1 

id like to point out that Matthew fucked everything up and detoryed CMU more than he made it. and if you belice that I didn't do anythink then that's your opinion

but atleat I kept things fair and didn't make a friends group. :)