Jump to content

Police Identification


Hassle

Recommended Posts

I have just been through some awful roleplay on the basis I "could not identify" a criminal by means of checking their license.

After speaking to some higher ranking police officers I'm told that you cannot use means of checking someones license due to in real life you could leave your license at home and wouldn't have it with you to present as valid ID. In this case you vehicle registration is checked against the address you have provided and you have 2 weeks to present your license or will be arrested for driving without a license, failure to comply with police, etc etc.

Since this is Arma, and we're not going to give someone 2 weeks to present their license, every single server I have ever played on has seen checking someones licenses as a valid roleplay variant of identifying a suspect, if the suspect in question doesn't own any licenses, they are taken back to the PD and a "fingerprint scanner" is used, as what would happen in real life.

Otherwise every single rebel you bring back to HQ refuses to co operate with any sort of roleplay you attempt to do, tells you to shut up and that it's their friends car, in which case they get a small ticket for driving without a license, with what I would class as failRP and ruining the experience for all officers involved

I believe this server rule needed to be changed.

Link to comment

Finger print scanner has to be the most idiotic thing ever and no that doesn't happen in real life unless you have previously been in trouble with the law before and if said person has been in trouble then there is other means of getting thier ID.

Since you already had the original suspect in custody he must of already committed a crime so why couldn't you charge him for that crime? I get the guy might of had other crimes to his name but youd on't have to send everyone to jail.

Link to comment
33 minutes ago, Wes Mantooth said:

If you are pulled over by the police and don't have any ID on you then you get up to 7 days to take the to the nearest police station.

Exactly, you HAVE to provide ID, which isn't the case for RP on this server, you just refuse and that's that.

3 hours ago, PaulS said:

Finger print scanner has to be the most idiotic thing ever and no that doesn't happen in real life unless you have previously been in trouble with the law before and if said person has been in trouble then there is other means of getting thier ID.

Since you already had the original suspect in custody he must of already committed a crime so why couldn't you charge him for that crime? I get the guy might of had other crimes to his name but youd on't have to send everyone to jail.

Sorry mate, my bad, i didn't realise you illegal trafficked guns across borders and killed 20-30 people daily, I'm a million percent sure that you would be fingerprint scanned the second you stepped foot in the PD, it happens if you do any major crime and don't have a form of ID, which has caused millions of criminals to be caught for their actions worldwide, so maybe it's not the MOST idiotic thing ever?

It's also nothing to do with sending people to jail, it's promoting roleplay, if you can just turn around a flat out refuse to roleplay whatsoever it's perfectly fine? That's failure to roleplay and there's no two ways about it

Link to comment
3 hours ago, PaulS said:

Finger print scanner has to be the most idiotic thing ever and no that doesn't happen in real life unless you have previously been in trouble with the law before and if said person has been in trouble then there is other means of getting thier ID.

It is actually real, I have one

http://www.dataworksplus.com/safid.html

It works on bluetooth and you take a finger print and it runs it in a national/statewide database to help identify the person if they have been arrested/imprisoned before.

Link to comment
15 minutes ago, Hassle said:

It's also nothing to do with sending people to jail, it's promoting roleplay, if you can just turn around a flat out refuse to roleplay whatsoever it's perfectly fine? That's failure to roleplay and there's no two ways about it

What kind of moronic statement is this exactly? Where did you read & conclude to this?

Your first thought is to assume the alternative and exaggerate it, when clearly that is not what is meant. The fact is that face scanners and finger print scanners prevent a possible discussion about the persons true identity and brings the roleplay to an immediate conclusion. When, if you use your imagination - like you are suppose to, then this could lead to a more fun and interesting conversation.

I see your points, but unfortunately this is often not used as a last resort - a lot of cops have abused this in the past to run off to something else or to avoid RP and I see no reason as to why that would be any different here if it was suddenly allowed.

Edited by Sage
Link to comment
20 minutes ago, Hassle said:

Exactly, you HAVE to provide ID, which isn't the case for RP on this server, you just refuse and that's that.

Sorry mate, my bad, i didn't realise you illegal trafficked guns across borders and killed 20-30 people daily, I'm a million percent sure that you would be fingerprint scanned the second you stepped foot in the PD, it happens if you do any major crime and don't have a form of ID, which has caused millions of criminals to be caught for their actions worldwide, so maybe it's not the MOST idiotic thing ever?

It's also nothing to do with sending people to jail, it's promoting roleplay, if you can just turn around a flat out refuse to roleplay whatsoever it's perfectly fine? That's failure to roleplay and there's no two ways about it

The reason why i think it's stupid at this time is because you're mad today that a rebel gave you a fake name but you were adamant to send him to jail hence why you want a finger scanner. If you personally seen him traffic weapons and kill 30 people daily (from your example) then you don't need his ID, instant jail. Finger scanner won't promote roleplay in this case, if he can roleplay his way out of them crimes then tell him to stop playing Arma and tell him to go for the Oscar.

Link to comment
4 hours ago, WolfE said:

You realise that leaving ID at home is illegal IRL right?

not in the UK it isnt

what you need to realise is you dont need his real name.

scenario 1.

anpr car 10mph over the limit, you pull him over, he says its his brothers car.

OK.

Charge him with Speeding, Driving without a license, Driving without insurance.

Confiscate the car and tell him his brother can pick it up from the station.

scenario 2.

anpr car, wanted for murder, he says its his brothers car.

Charge him with Driving without a license, Driving without insurance.

Scrap the car as it belongs to a murderer, and tell him you need to take him down to the station for further questioning in regards to his brothers location.

There is no situation where you actually need the real persons name.

If he says his name is bob, call him bob!

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Hassle said:

"what's your name"

"shut up"

"is this your vehicle?"

"shut up"

"do you have any ID?"

"shut up"

The list goes on of people refusing to RP and nothing being done about it, using the licenses which are part of the game isn't power gaming lol

"Hello officer my name is Mr blah blah I want to take you on a 3 hour roleplaying adventure"

"Can I see your I'd"

"Sorry officer i don't have any"

"Well I just scanded you finger prints, your names Dave and your wanted for armed robbery from 12 days ago"

*scenario ends*

Getting people refusing to cooperate is a part of roleplay that police have to deal with, its not the best roleplay I'll agree, but its still roleplay, giving police the ability to finger print scan or what ever, will destroy any chance of roleplay except for the officer winning the situation

Link to comment
8 hours ago, Hassle said:

"what's your name"

"shut up"

"is this your vehicle?"

"shut up"

"do you have any ID?"

"shut up"

The list goes on of people refusing to RP and nothing being done about it, using the licenses which are part of the game isn't power gaming lol

For anybody intrested I was the rebel that told you to shut up constantly.

There is something called a policehandbook where in is written down what the procedures are. If you dont follow these procedures and basicly abuse your whitelisted ability's ofcourse youre gonna trigger people and they will deny roleplay with you.

You also dont seem to listen to higher ups that you cant just search vehicles without proper reason. Also you denied the fact that you cant send someone to prison because they annoy you. For 45 minutes, without giving me 3 tickets and without food or water. Thats some top quality roleplay.

Next time dont metagame my name because the vehicle is registered to that name.

If you would have handles this completer different, you wont get shutup thrown to your head....

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Skyzzem said:

For anybody intrested I was the rebel that told you to shut up constantly.

There is something called a policehandbook where in is written down what the procedures are. If you dont follow these procedures and basicly abuse your whitelisted ability's ofcourse youre gonna trigger people and they will deny roleplay with you.

You also dont seem to listen to higher ups that you cant just search vehicles without proper reason. Also you denied the fact that you cant send someone to prison because they annoy you. For 45 minutes, without giving me 3 tickets and without food or water. Thats some top quality roleplay.

Next time dont metagame my name because the vehicle is registered to that name.

If you would have handles this completer different, you wont get shutup thrown to your head....

I think you'll find what happen is i told asked you to pull over for a routine check, which i'm perfectly fine to do, you ran someone over and tried to drive away, we shot at your tyres, you jumped out running around your car shouting "that's against rules"

I tazed you, cuffed you and put you in my vehicle so we could talk properly, i asked if it was your vehicle and you said yes, we searched the reg, you were wanted on the database, from the moment on your only response was "shut the fuck up come teamspeak" because you didn't agree with what anyone said.

Due to having a 250,000 bounty we searched your vehicle, seized a high calibre weapon, and impounded the vehicle so it wasn't unlocked in the middle of kavala blocking off the entrance to garages. We did ask for keys so we could lock the vehicle and leave it there but your only reply was "shut the fuck up come teamspeak"

I offered you three chances to pay the ticket, each one was met with "shut the fuck up come teamspeak" and for your 250,000 bounty, evading police, having a high calibre weapon in your vehicle and running someone over, aswell as completely failing to attempt any form of roleplay I sent you to prison for 45 minutes.

You then got an admin to teleport you from prison because you didn't agree with it, continued to tell us to shut the fuck up over teamspeak and demanded we pay you comp for you weapon you lost when your vehicle was impounded.

How do you expect a cop to roleplay anything at all in this situation? If anyone at all on the forum post has any idea what I could have done better, please, enlighten me.

Link to comment
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.