Jump to content

Bank Heist Rules


WolfE

Recommended Posts

I'm sure many member of the police force and perhaps the rebel side will agree with me on this.

My suggestion is that some of the HM Treasury rules/features are changed.

Along with the popular request to move the treasury (An idea that I'm extremely split between), I believe some things should be changed to make it harder. Currently, it's particularly easy to win a bank. Yes, it's partially due to some police issues, but some things are frankly quite ridiculous. I'm sure the Bulwarks will back me up on this but recent bank jobs have been over in under 30 minutes, some have taken hours.

First Point : Storing gold in houses and helicopters

I think the ability to store gold in houses and helicopter makes heists way too easy. A large proportion of the bank heists recently have just been people robbing the bank, stalling with negotiations and then just hopping into an Orca and storing the gold in a house. With the 6.5mm weaponry it's possible, though particularly hard, to disable to Orca. We can chase it with a hellcat but that option isn't always there. People can just fly off and completely duke us by dropping people off at numerous houses and locations that makes it impossible for the police to track the location of the house.

Second Point : Increase boltcutting/charge detonation times

Many times we attempt to get a negotiator to the bank but the blast has been placed before we're even within 1km of the bank. Due to server rules, we HAVE to send a negotiator to the bank. Even if we didn't, most units wouldn't be anywhere near to the bank. The negotiator will go to the bank and tell us something we already know - negotiations are off (Blast has been placed). By this time the blast is already halfway done and we've barely got into any sort of position.

Third Point : Fleeing to gang base (Debateable)

9 times out of 10 the gang will just flee to the gang base because (1) I'm pretty sure they don't have to wait the 15 minute timer after selling heist items (http://bit.ly/2gVyjVE) and (2) it's ridiculously easy to defend. I don't have a particularly big problem with this but it is annoying when they can go there, regroup, spawn an Ifrit/Orca and piss off.

Fourth Point : Combat Spawning

I did partially state this in the previous point but when rebels can just spawn an Ifrit/.50 cal to adapt to the police force's tactics. I dislike it when they do this to say the least. A workaround could perhaps be to stop rebels from being able to spawn vehicles once a member of their gang is robbing the bank or something. I don't know.

A lot of this is probably quite bias and me being a pretty salty person at times, but it's what I think on the matter. The HM Treasury robbery is meant to be hard - not a walk through the park.

Link to comment
7 hours ago, WolfE said:

Fourth Point : Combat Spawning

I did partially state this in the previous point but when rebels can just spawn an Ifrit/.50 cal to adapt to the police force's tactics. I dislike it when they do this to say the least. A workaround could perhaps be to stop rebels from being able to spawn vehicles once a member of their gang is robbing the bank or something. I don't know.

The police gets all of their vehicles out during the bank aswell? I do not see any problem with taking out vehicles. Storing would be an issue, but I have not seen anybody store their vehicles yet.

7 hours ago, WolfE said:

Third Point : Fleeing to gang base (Debateable)

9 times out of 10 the gang will just flee to the gang base because (1) I'm pretty sure they don't have to wait the 15 minute timer after selling heist items (http://bit.ly/2gVyjVE) and (2) it's ridiculously easy to defend. I don't have a particularly big problem with this but it is annoying when they can go there, regroup, spawn an Ifrit/Orca and piss off.

Exactly the same situation when the police evades into the police HQ. You go to the safest location there is. Nobody is forcing you to try to attack

7 hours ago, WolfE said:

Second Point : Increase boltcutting/charge detonation times

Many times we attempt to get a negotiator to the bank but the blast has been placed before we're even within 1km of the bank. Due to server rules, we HAVE to send a negotiator to the bank. Even if we didn't, most units wouldn't be anywhere near to the bank. The negotiator will go to the bank and tell us something we already know - negotiations are off (Blast has been placed). By this time the blast is already halfway done and we've barely got into any sort of position.

Usually it gives the police enough time to show up. Some times tho the doors are unlocked and you can place the charge straight away. Currently it takes about 5-10 minutes for rebels to break open the vault. 90 procent of the time the negotiator gets to the bank before.

7 hours ago, WolfE said:

First Point : Storing gold in houses and helicopters

I think the ability to store gold in houses and helicopter makes heists way too easy. A large proportion of the bank heists recently have just been people robbing the bank, stalling with negotiations and then just hopping into an Orca and storing the gold in a house. With the 6.5mm weaponry it's possible, though particularly hard, to disable to Orca. We can chase it with a hellcat but that option isn't always there. People can just fly off and completely duke us by dropping people off at numerous houses and locations that makes it impossible for the police to track the location of the house.

Agree with storing in helicopters. Its just a bit lame. Storing in houses however I see no problem with. It has always been there and will always be there. Its just being tactical. You can store everything in cars apart from illegal items. So all of the houses used for bank is bought for the bank. You pay a large amount for the house.

Another point I would like to bring up is the NLR system. Make it one life only or unlimited. Having two lives sort of removes the point of rule with the two lives. The point is for people to value their lives in operations. But how it is currently if you die before the trucks left you can come back. It would be better for players personally to die before the trucks leave as you are then given the chance to get ahead of the trucks. Should just be one life for the entire bankjob. I know other servers use that system. I am not sure where the 2 life rule comes from, but I do not like it. Seems like its a mix of unlimited lives and just 1 to keep everybody happy. I believe staff should make a decision if it being unlimited or just 1 life.

Link to comment
9 hours ago, WolfE said:

I'm sure many member of the police force and perhaps the rebel side will agree with me on this.

My suggestion is that some of the HM Treasury rules/features are changed.

Along with the popular request to move the treasury (An idea that I'm extremely split between), I believe some things should be changed to make it harder. Currently, it's particularly easy to win a bank. Yes, it's partially due to some police issues, but some things are frankly quite ridiculous. I'm sure the Bulwarks will back me up on this but recent bank jobs have been over in under 30 minutes, some have taken hours.

First Point : Storing gold in houses and helicopters

I think the ability to store gold in houses and helicopter makes heists way too easy. A large proportion of the bank heists recently have just been people robbing the bank, stalling with negotiations and then just hopping into an Orca and storing the gold in a house. With the 6.5mm weaponry it's possible, though particularly hard, to disable to Orca. We can chase it with a hellcat but that option isn't always there. People can just fly off and completely duke us by dropping people off at numerous houses and locations that makes it impossible for the police to track the location of the house.

Second Point : Increase boltcutting/charge detonation times

Many times we attempt to get a negotiator to the bank but the blast has been placed before we're even within 1km of the bank. Due to server rules, we HAVE to send a negotiator to the bank. Even if we didn't, most units wouldn't be anywhere near to the bank. The negotiator will go to the bank and tell us something we already know - negotiations are off (Blast has been placed). By this time the blast is already halfway done and we've barely got into any sort of position.

Third Point : Fleeing to gang base (Debateable)

9 times out of 10 the gang will just flee to the gang base because (1) I'm pretty sure they don't have to wait the 15 minute timer after selling heist items (http://bit.ly/2gVyjVE) and (2) it's ridiculously easy to defend. I don't have a particularly big problem with this but it is annoying when they can go there, regroup, spawn an Ifrit/Orca and piss off.

Fourth Point : Combat Spawning

I did partially state this in the previous point but when rebels can just spawn an Ifrit/.50 cal to adapt to the police force's tactics. I dislike it when they do this to say the least. A workaround could perhaps be to stop rebels from being able to spawn vehicles once a member of their gang is robbing the bank or something. I don't know.

A lot of this is probably quite bias and me being a pretty salty person at times, but it's what I think on the matter. The HM Treasury robbery is meant to be hard - not a walk through the park.

First Point : Storing gold in houses and helicopters

There is nothing wrong with this, and wont change.

Second Point : Increase boltcutting/charge detonation times

You only have to send a negotiator if the blasting charge is not placed.

Third Point : Fleeing to gang base (Debateable)

I agree, a rule should/will be put in place or bases nurfed to shit.

Fourth Point : Combat Spawning

well police can pull out hunters....

and they have to pay for 50cals and they are only rented, so if they wanna pay for it let them.

Link to comment
4 hours ago, Fuel said:

First Point : Storing gold in houses and helicopters

There is nothing wrong with this, and wont change.

Second Point : Increase boltcutting/charge detonation times

You only have to send a negotiator if the blasting charge is not placed.

Third Point : Fleeing to gang base (Debateable)

I agree, a rule should/will be put in place or bases nurfed to shit.

Fourth Point : Combat Spawning

well police can pull out hunters....

and they have to pay for 50cals and they are only rented, so if they wanna pay for it let them.

It sounds whiny and all, but these Orca heists are ridiculously annoying. Would you mind maybe playing a few heists with the cops for a bit? Then you'll see why it'd be more balanced to give us a God damn Hunter HMG than to let them run away in orca runs.

Edited by WolfE
Link to comment
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.