Strip Script

NimmerN

So we all know that trying to get a weapon/clothing of someone can be a pain in the ass and it will take about 2 min just for them to respond, what if you want to rob him, and u have the STRIP SCRIPT, that will allow you to take the gun/clothing of him, without even unrestrain him, and he just delays the living shit out of the robbery? Just a suggestion. That will resolve shit like "if you don't drop that fuck weapon now, you will be shot" and "my hands are hurting after the restrains, i just need a minute to drop that shit down" and suddenly there are 20 rebels/police around the area ready too shoot.

Weapon: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/removeAllWeapons

Backpack: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/removeBackpack

cant find clothing but you got all items: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/removeAllItems

Just a suggestion!

good Idea dude, but its not what you think, its the same as what police use, it makes them dissapear

so when you click remove weapons it makes them vanish, it does not drop them on the floor, if thats scriptable them im all for it, but with the limitations I dont think its possible without going modded, but I will have a look around see what I can find out tomorrow.

1 hour ago, NimmerN said:

So we all know from RPUK that trying to get a weapon/clothing of someone can be a pain in the ass and it will take about 2 min just for them to respond, what if you want to rob him, and u have the STRIP SCRIPT, that will allow you to take the gun/clothing of him, without even unrestrain him, and he just delays the living shit out of the robbery? Just a suggestion. That will resolve shit like "if you don't drop that fuck weapon now, you will be shot" and "my hands are hurting after the restrains, i just need a minute to drop that shit down" and suddenly there are 20 rebels/police around the area ready too shoot.

Weapon: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/removeAllWeapons

Backpack: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/removeBackpack

cant find clothing but you got all items: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/removeAllItems

Just a suggestion!

Would be cool though

12 hours ago, GenuineAF said:

I aint no expert or anything but ...

Add

class stripDownPlayer {};

Into

class Functions
	{
		file = "core\functions";
	};

in Functions.hpp

Then in 'core\functions\' create a file called 'fn_stripDownPlayer.sqf' then put

RemoveAllWeapons player;
{player removeMagazine _x;} foreach (magazines player);
removeUniform player;
removeVest player;
removeBackpack player;
removeGoggles player;
removeHeadGear player;

{
	player unassignItem _x;
	player removeItem _x;
} foreach (assignedItems player);

if(hmd player != "") then {
	player unlinkItem (hmd player);
};

in it. Should work on AltisLife V4 + not my code but found it lying around in some of my old project files.

That will work for stripping a player Yes, but the items still vanish, they dont get put on the floor

The other server I play on has it so if someone is restrained and you have "Advanced Rebel Training" you can search the player and drag items from their inventory into yours so you can take anything but virtual items from that by pressing "Windows Key" and whatever it is from there, I have no idea how they do it, talented developers and shit.

On 28/08/2016 at 11:39 PM, Fuel said:

so when you click remove weapons it makes them vanish, it does not drop them on the floor, if thats scriptable them im all for it, but with the limitations I dont think its possible without going modded, but I will have a look around see what I can find out tomorrow.

Pretty easy to do without mods honestly, the only thing you can't really do is take a weapon with all it's attachments or magazine, only the base gun itself.

For example:

_headgear = headgear _target;
_uniform = uniform _target;
_vest = vest _target;
_weapon = weapon _target;

player addItemToBackpack _headgear;
player addItemToBackpack _uniform;
player addItemToBackpack _vest;
player addItemToBackpack _weapon;

This would add the targets headgear, clothing, vest and weapon to the players backpack. Would have to add check to make sure their was room for it etc, and a script to remove them from the target.

Now the above won't take any of the items the target may have in his inventory or assigned items like NVG's, to do that you could add:

_inventoryItems = items _target;
_assignedItems = assignedItems _target;
_safeItems = ["itemMap","itemRadio"];

{
	if (!(_x in _safeItems)) then {
		player addItemToBackpack _x;
	};
} forEach _inventoryItems;
{
	if (!(_x in _safeItems)) then {
		player addItemToBackpack _x;
	};
} forEach _assignedItems;

Now this, this will add all of the targets items, both assigned (like NVG's, glasses/goggles, GPS) and in their inventory to the players backpack, except for items in the _safeItems variables, so in my example, maps and radios would be left on the target.

Very easy to configure to place to their feet aswel, this was just an example.

Hope that helps in any way xD

Source: I code Arma.

Edited by Jay
2 minutes ago, Fuel said:

so we went from stripping him to clicking a button to make all his shit disappear and be put in your back pack, thats even worse than the original issue, once the server is up, I will have a play see what I can come up with, maybe with a progress bar so it takes a few minutes possibly.

The items don't have to go into the players backpack, there are other methods of doing it, like the method Quinn mentioned:

13 minutes ago, Quinn said:

...you can search the player and drag items from their inventory into yours so you can take anything but virtual items..

^ this can be done in a couple ways, won't write them out right now 'cause they aren't as simple as my last post.

Food for thought for you :D

I encourage the idea of using a timed status bar to do this... Imagine undressing a combatant of all their body armor, holsters etc etc... That's not something that can be done realistically in 5 seconds... So even if the person delayed the robbery by 60 seconds to remove the clothing, that's more realistic in terms of actual time taken if that makes sense.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.