worst rule on the server

Jon

Just now, Isaac Wolf said:

well the blue zone is a cop safety area where there would be mass numbers of cops and if you want to attack it ask for permission from admins

we were driving a truck, they shoot out all the wheels of the truck and then kill the driver all inside the bluezone, then we cant kill them while they are still shooting at us? hahahahaha absolute joke of a rule.

why dont rebels have a safe zone? we can just bait the cops there and kill them while they cant kill us? that sounds like a sick rule.

18 minutes ago, Jon said:

@PaulS Could you explain why I was banned then please? Why should I not be able to kill people inside the blue zone if they are?

Yeah sure, from the video i seen you were spraying at the tires of the strider and the cops were heard in the video saying what are they suppose to do since it was a bluezone. " same as the green zone no killing, shooting or crime of any kind is permitted in this zone. " is in the rules so i had to ban on that part since you weren't aren't teamspeak at the time and like most bans we hope the people come on teamspeak to talk about it so we can sort it out and potentially get you unbanned quicker.

2 minutes ago, PaulS said:

Yeah sure, from the video i seen you were spraying at the tires of the strider and the cops were heard in the video saying what are they suppose to do since it was a bluezone. " same as the green zone no killing, shooting or crime of any kind is permitted in this zone. " is in the rules so i had to ban on that part since you weren't aren't teamspeak at the time and like most bans we hope the people come on teamspeak to talk about it so we can sort it out and potentially get you unbanned quicker.

Im guessing they cut the part out of them killing sonny 20 meters away? Absolute joke, just remove the report a player section if this is how people deal with reports? Just send it to an admin and get them instantly banned, no dispute whatsoever. Quite amusing really.

I didnt even get a message to sort it out on teamspeak? Nothing, its obvious there is some sort of favouritism in the cops? Because they dont have to go through the same process as the rest of us do? All us CIVS have to ask to speak on teamspeak, then make a report and wait for a verdict. All cops have to do is message an admin and thats it, the person gets banned, they dont have to try speak on teamspeak and they dont have to make a report, totally unfair.

Edited by Jon

1 minute ago, Tidus said:

Here we go... how about you take a breather before you make things alot worse, no need to come bringing up all this on the forums.

Sorry who are you? If I cant talk about it here, where would you like me to talk about the fact that cops dont have to make reports?

Easy for you to say stuff when your the one who is being treated a lot better than the civs, no wonder there was 19 cops and only 18 civs on the other day. Being a cop seems pretty easy.

12 minutes ago, Jon said:

Sorry who are you? If I cant talk about it here, where would you like me to talk about the fact that cops dont have to make reports?

Easy for you to say stuff when your the one who is being treated a lot better than the civs, no wonder there was 19 cops and only 18 civs on the other day. Being a cop seems pretty easy.

Being a cop is easy sure. If you enjoy being baited into silly situations over a small ticket or trying to talk.

Or if you enjoy being vdm'd rdm'd combat logged on etc.

Being a cop isnt "easy" we actually have to deal with a lot of stuff that is by no means fun.

Also, From what i have seen if anything cops are on a shorter leash than civs being that we are a whitelisted faction that is at the forefront of the servers roleplay.

Edited by Joey

1 minute ago, Joey said:

Being a cop is easy sure. If you enjoy being baited into silly situations over a small ticket or trying to talk.

Or if you enjoy being vdm'd rdm'd combat logged on etc.

Being a cop isnt "easy" we actually have to deal with a lot of stuff that is by no means fun.

Also, From what i have seen if anything cops are on a shorter leash than civs being that we are a whitelisted faction that is at the forefront of the servers roleplay.

You act like none of us deal with being combat logged on or VDM'd and RDM'd. Like seriously we are on the same server ahahahah. Difference is we have to go through a lot more to get the rule breakers banned, where as you just need to send a video to an admin. So pipe down please xoxo

Before this spirals out of control, I agree everybody should be making a report using the forum post, but in some cases, if an admin deems action to be taken thats their choice, they have been given the trust to judge that for themselves. I personally think its down to perverting the person from ruining the experience for others. In you case that might have been the wrong thing to do but again, its the admins choice.

I would recommend we all just calm down on this post and if you have a issue with the current system, drop Fuel, Neo or Genesis a message privately. That would be the best way.

Just now, Tim said:

Before this spirals out of control, I agree everybody should be making a report using the forum post, but in some cases, if an admin deems action to be taken thats their choice, they have been given the trust to judge that for themselves. I personally think its down to perverting the person from ruining the experience for others. In you case that might have been the wrong thing to do but again, its the admins choice.

I would recommend we all just calm down on this post and if you have a issue with the current system, drop Fuel, Neo or Genesis a message privately. That would be the best way.

Whats done is done, im banned till 1:30 am tonight. Im not bothered about the ban (made me giggle a little). What im bothered about is the principle to the fact how a) I didnt get asked to come onto teamspeak. b) No report was made. Thats what is a joke. I couldnt say anything about the ban, couldn't dispute it or anything. And if you cant see that then you are probably a cop that it doesnt effect.

Just now, Jon said:

Whats done is done, im banned till 1:30 am tonight. Im not bothered about the ban (made me giggle a little). What im bothered about is the principle to the fact how a) I didnt get asked to come onto teamspeak. b) No report was made. Thats what is a joke. I couldnt say anything about the ban, couldn't dispute it or anything. And if you cant see that then you are probably a cop that it doesnt effect.

I understand what your saying and just to clear it up a bit, I am not a cop, I have the tag due to previously being a cop.

But you have to see it from the staff point of view where, if you had been informed that somebody is killing in the bluezone, you would ban that person to prevent any more people losing out to whoever was doing it. Like I said above, I agree with you when you say the report a player is made for a reason and nobody seems to use it. When its something like killing, you need to take quick and fast action because, say for example you was an RDM'er, everybody you would kill would either need to be given comp or their gear back, which would tie up an admin for a while, whereas banning the person untill all the facts have been gathered, or the person put in an unban appeal, its less time consuming.

1 minute ago, Tim said:

I understand what your saying and just to clear it up a bit, I am not a cop, I have the tag due to previously being a cop.

But you have to see it from the staff point of view where, if you had been informed that somebody is killing in the bluezone, you would ban that person to prevent any more people losing out to whoever was doing it. Like I said above, I agree with you when you say the report a player is made for a reason and nobody seems to use it. When its something like killing, you need to take quick and fast action because, say for example you was an RDM'er, everybody you would kill would either need to be given comp or their gear back, which would tie up an admin for a while, whereas banning the person untill all the facts have been gathered, or the person put in an unban appeal, its less time consuming.

Killed 1 cop after a gang member was killed 20 meters away 30 seconds before. Can you explain how banning me 3 hours after the incident is preventing people from losing out?

4 minutes ago, Jon said:

Killed 1 cop after a gang member was killed 20 meters away 30 seconds before. Can you explain how banning me 3 hours after the incident is preventing people from losing out?

I cannot explain and I wouldn't want to try because I wouldn't want to give you wrong information. You can appeal any ban by creating a ban appeal post, which gives you a chance to plead your case. I know its frustrating and it feels the cops are favoured but I can tell you as a rebel that they are not.

http://www.rebornroleplay.com/forms/7-dispute-a-ban/

Edited by Tim
Added link for Dispute a Ban