SlickRick

Checkpoint North-east Kavala

7 hours ago, mikeo'neill said:

but how can i go 300km on my hatchy now :(

could make it easier to drive through it when its not manned i guess. good point

7 hours ago, Tivroxx said:

Like if you see who is in the police it wouldnt be a problem in the beginning, but i think checkpoint will just be paradise for rebel gangs. If they are bored they will just go to the checkpoint for a gunfight

This will be controlled by how the server rules are on attacking checkpoints. its hard for me to decide how "secure" to make it when i dont know the rules for rebels/cops conserning attacks. If its no rules on attacking it (like it has to be manned with 2 squads or w/e, has to announce attack maybe), il have to open it up more. But people will struggle with holding this checkpoint. Its surrounded by hills, and to actually stop and search vehicles you have to be out in the open, so rebels holding it after a attack will be hard. I agree that it might become a problem with rebels attacking checkpoints and such, but its better than bored rebels in Kavala? :P

7 hours ago, Quinn said:

It looks extremely militarized... it's nice and good effort but i'm not sure if it suits Altis Life.

this is depending on what "vision" the team is after when it comes to the state of the island/policeforce/civilians. But a controll checkpoint usually has this kind of "protecton" to minimize potential damage from car bombs and other threats that might be uncovered in the checkpoint.

Thank you all for good feedback! :) i will have to take a chat with the team and get some info on what plans they have for the "state of the island"

1 hour ago, ThisAintNoSmurf (Matt) said:

surely it will be a good idea for police to keep it manned at all times promoting roleplay?

Yea if the police created some sort of rota system that assigned people to the checkpoint, although this would be very difficult to implement but it could work.

1 minute ago, Pingu said:

Yea if the police created some sort of rota system that assigned people to the checkpoint, although this would be very difficult to implement but it could work.

not even that mate just it would be fun to man it, would promote roleplay but also gunfights giving people with more of a trigger finger a better reason to roleplay

This has some good and bad points IMO.

It adds more potential for RP situations which is why I want to give it a big +1

The downside is that we should have to set a few rules towards limited gang use of this checkpoint in order to keep it reasonably safe and playable.
Imagine Gang members having 24/7 control over this point.

I used to play on a server about a year+ ago where they had a checkpoint as well and their rules were something like this:

• Dont keep control over kavala checkpoint for over 15 minutes
  • After an attack/takeover of checkpoint the checkpoint can not be re-captured for the next 60 minutes.
  • (Try to) Avoid civilian casualties when taking the checkpoint from the police.

TL;DR:

It would be pretty cool if we set some rules to balance it. :)

1 hour ago, Sun Lee Watashi said:

This has some good and bad points IMO.

It adds more potential for RP situations which is why I want to give it a big +1

The downside is that we should have to set a few rules towards limited gang use of this checkpoint in order to keep it reasonably safe and playable.
Imagine Gang members having 24/7 control over this point.

I used to play on a server about a year+ ago where they had a checkpoint as well and their rules were something like this:

• Dont keep control over kavala checkpoint for over 15 minutes
  • After an attack/takeover of checkpoint the checkpoint can not be re-captured for the next 60 minutes.
  • (Try to) Avoid civilian casualties when taking the checkpoint from the police.

TL;DR:

It would be pretty cool if we set some rules to balance it. :)

Checkpoint takeovers should be designated events imo and not just a regular thing rebels do maybe this could be enforced through the rules